Ann Coulter on Immigration

Read before flaming:

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

She is spot on!

I fear for the outcome of this thread…

I actually find Ann Coulter something of a bigot, but I guess even a broken watch is right twice a day. I’m a huge fan of diversity. Problem is that we won’t be a diverse group with such a heavy influx from down south. Send us Africans, Arabs, Asians, Eurotrash, AND Latinos. THAT is what diversity is. Diversity doesn’t mean “non-white”. I could give a rat’s ass if us honkeys remained the majority. But I do not assign myself to a white people group. I assign myself to being an American. The only minority status I lay claim to is that of Marine. I love T.R. and he again hit the nail on the head:

In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile…We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language…and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

My only issue is the english language part. Until congress has the balls to make english the national language, no one has a right to demand you learn any specific language. Hell, not to hurt anyone’s feelings we may as well just make Latin official. I would learn the damn thing instead of speaking english.

Mike

I…I… I’m in love!

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
I fear for the outcome of this thread…[/quote]

Considering who started it, I think your fears are not unfounded.

Makkun

She might be right on some points, but she’s still an idiot:

"
There are more than 6 billion people in the world, many of whom apparently like the idea of living in the wealthiest democracy on Earth.
"

… on a per-capita basis the “wealthiest democracy on Earth” is Luxembourg, not the US…

http://www.geohive.com/charts/ec_gdp2.php

and from Wikipedia:

"
Luxembourg’s stable, high-income economy features moderate growth, low inflation, and low unemployment. The industrial sector, until recently dominated by steel, has become increasingly more diversified to include chemicals, rubber, and other products. During the past decades, growth in the financial sector has more than compensated for the decline in steel. Services, especially banking, account for a growing proportion of the economy. Agriculture is based on small family-owned farms. Luxembourg has especially close trade and financial ties to Belgium and the Netherlands, and as a member of the EU, enjoys the advantages of the open European market. Luxembourg possesses the highest GDP per capita in the world ($62,700 as of 2005). Unemployment was 4.4% of the labour force as of July 2005.
"

(sorry, couldn’t resist… she’s such an easy target…)

… now seriously:

Ann worked immigration issues as a lawyer, so I’m not surprised she has some level of understanding of the problem. However her presentation is still blatantly bigoted (she implies that Europeans are “more desirable” immigrants than Mexicans, which, while supported by numbers, is borderline neo-Nazi, especially because it is punctuated by a back-handed stab at France’s robust Welfare system) and extremely over-the-top, so, as always, brings nothing to the table other than inflaming the issue.

Sometimes I honestly wonder if there isn’t somebody on the left paying her off to make herself such a great stereotype for the flaming, bigoted, neo-Nazi rightwingnut… She makes Ted Kennedy and Howard Dean look like harmless centrists… And for that a big Thank You, Ann!

[quote]hspder wrote:

"
There are more than 6 billion people in the world, many of whom apparently like the idea of living in the wealthiest democracy on Earth.
"

… on a per-capita basis the “wealthiest democracy on Earth” is Luxembourg, not the US…

and from Wikipedia:

"
Luxembourg’s stable, high-income economy features moderate growth, low inflation, and low unemployment. The industrial sector, until recently dominated by steel, has become increasingly more diversified to include chemicals, rubber, and other products. During the past decades, growth in the financial sector has more than compensated for the decline in steel. Services, especially banking, account for a growing proportion of the economy. Agriculture is based on small family-owned farms. Luxembourg has especially close trade and financial ties to Belgium and the Netherlands, and as a member of the EU, enjoys the advantages of the open European market. Luxembourg possesses the highest GDP per capita in the world ($62,700 as of 2005). Unemployment was 4.4% of the labour force as of July 2005.
"

[/quote]

i’ve seen bigger snow forts than luxembourg…

besides, she made no distinction based on per capita or not…

[quote]hspder wrote:
… now seriously:

Ann worked immigration issues as a lawyer, so I’m not surprised she has some level of understanding of the problem. However her presentation is still blatantly bigoted (she implies that Europeans are “more desirable” immigrants than Mexicans, which, while supported by numbers, is borderline neo-Nazi, especially because it is punctuated by a back-handed stab at France’s robust Welfare system) and extremely over-the-top, so, as always, brings nothing to the table other than inflaming the issue.

Sometimes I honestly wonder if there isn’t somebody on the left paying her off to make herself such a great stereotype for the flaming, bigoted, neo-Nazi rightwingnut… She makes Ted Kennedy and Howard Dean look like harmless centrists… And for that a big Thank You, Ann!
[/quote]

where did she imply europeans were more desirable?

when she said this?

"America has a seller’s market in immigration, but thanks to Teddy Kennedy’s 1965 immigration law, we no longer favor skilled workers from developed nations, but instead favor unskilled immigrants from the Third World. Kennedy’s bill promptly cut the number of European immigrants in half and increased Third World immigrants to 85 percent of the total. "

I think you need to stop seeing what you want to see

[quote]hspder wrote:

"
"

and from Wikipedia:

"
"

[/quote]

My brother lived in a VERY expensive apartment in Luxembourg paid for by Mobil.

His refrigerator was the size of the one I had in my doem in college.

Luxembourg is a very nice place but lets not get carried away.

It is much easier to live the good life with creature comforts like air conditioning, stores open in the evenings and on weekends and all those other little things in the US.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
I’m a huge fan of diversity. Problem is that we won’t be a diverse group with such a heavy influx from down south. Send us Africans, Arabs, Asians, Eurotrash, AND Latinos. THAT is what diversity is. Diversity doesn’t mean “non-white”. I could give a rat’s ass if us honkeys remained the majority. But I do not assign myself to a white people group. I assign myself to being an American. The only minority status I lay claim to is that of Marine. I love T.R. and he again hit the nail on the head:

In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile…We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language…and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

My only issue is the english language part. Until congress has the balls to make english the national language, no one has a right to demand you learn any specific language. Hell, not to hurt anyone’s feelings we may as well just make Latin official. I would learn the damn thing instead of speaking english.

Mike[/quote]

Mikeyali,

That was a good post, I feel the same way.

I read the article, but it was not about immigration - it was about morality and public behavior. Still not a bad article…and I cannot stand Ann, generally speaking.

[quote]Diomede wrote:
hspder wrote:
… now seriously:

where did she imply europeans were more desirable?

when she said this?

"America has a seller’s market in immigration, but thanks to Teddy Kennedy’s 1965 immigration law, we no longer favor skilled workers from developed nations, but instead favor unskilled immigrants from the Third World. Kennedy’s bill promptly cut the number of European immigrants in half and increased Third World immigrants to 85 percent of the total. "

I think you need to stop seeing what you want to see[/quote]

Especially when he admits that her ‘bigoted’ views are supported by the numbers and that favoring Europeans over the third world but not necessarily France, is borderline Neo-Nazi! So, being of say, Dutch descent, that if I think England is the second-greatest country on Earth and the rest of Europe blows goats, I’m a bigoted Neo-Nazi?

I’m not a huge fan of hers, I almost think of her like Dave Chapelle or Larry the Cable Guy. I mean look at the stuff that comes out of her mouth:

The “offense to Islam” ruse is merely an excuse for Muslims to revert to their default mode: rioting and setting things on fire.

So it’s not exactly a scoop that Muslims are engaging in violence. A front-page story would be “Offended Muslims Remain Calm.”

If you don’t want to get shot by the police, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, then don’t point a toy gun at them. Or, as I believe our motto should be after 9/11: Jihad monkey talks tough; jihad monkey takes the consequences. Sorry, I realize that’s offensive. How about “camel jockey”? What? Now what’d I say? Boy, you tent merchants sure are touchy. Grow up, would you?

I swear, that last bit was at least partially ripped off of Murray, Cosby, Fox, or a line from Leslie Nielsen… and calling the President of Iran ‘Jihad Monkey’ is nothing short of hilarious. As enteraining as Michael Moore, Lewis Black, or Jon Stewart IMO.

[quote]makkun wrote:
danmaftei wrote:

Makkun[/quote]

Don’t be afraid boys! Intelligent dialogue, if you are capable of it, is always welcome! Begin anytime.

HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
makkun wrote:
danmaftei wrote:

Makkun

Don’t be afraid boys! Intelligent dialogue, if you are capable of it, is always welcome! Begin anytime.

HH

[/quote]

It may not be fear that keeps the dialogue from being intelligent. It all depends on who shows up. So, let’s watch and see.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
makkun wrote:
danmaftei wrote:

Makkun

HH
[/quote]

HH, I’m not discussing this topic because I know very little about immigration, and as such I don’t feel qualifed to talk about it.

Regardless, I still fear for the outcome of this thread… if it’s anything like your last ones, it’ll be a rep vs. dem pissing match in about a page.

[quote]lucasa wrote:
So, being of say, Dutch descent, that if I think England is the second-greatest country on Earth and the rest of Europe blows goats, I’m a bigoted Neo-Nazi?[/quote]

Not just that, but that puts you well on your way!

Ann, however, has already shown to fit the bill perfectly.

Since you like dictionaries so much:

From webster:

Main Entry: big?ot
Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
Function: noun
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

From Wikipedia:

Neo-nazism: usually includes anti-Semitism, racism, and/or xenophobia, and may also include elements such as nationalism, militarism, and homophobia.

[quote]makkun wrote:
danmaftei wrote:

Makkun[/quote]

Makkun,

A question: are ATMs, street signs, and so forth now in English and Arabic? When you drive up to an ATM, do you have to choose between English and Arabic? When you make a phone call to a business, do you have to choose between English and Arabic?

Ann points out how we accomodate Hispanics in our country. What would the reaction be to something similar in yours?

Just curious.

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
makkun wrote:
danmaftei wrote:

Makkun

HH

HH, I’m not discussing this topic because I know very little about immigration, and as such I don’t feel qualifed to talk about it.

Regardless, I still fear for the outcome of this thread… if it’s anything like your last ones, it’ll be a rep vs. dem pissing match in about a page.[/quote]

I thought you were setting up your account to ignore me. What happened?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Read before flaming:

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

She is spot on!

[/quote]

Thin as a snake and twice as mean.

I guess the article was moved. Ann is really over the top on some stuff, but she can be funny.

After 9/11: “Invade their countries, kill their leaders and convet them to Christianity”

As if religion wasn’t the problem to start with!

Also, although I love to watch her, there is something in her voice, and the way her face looks from certain angles… She’s a MAN, baby!

It’s not just me. This has been mentioned repeatedly by Stephanie Miller and others in the media, although if your TV is stuck on Fux News, you won’t hear it.

Seriously though, anyone that believes that any of these dipshits in the chattering class, whether right or left, really believes any of their B.S. is kidding them selves. Do you really think Rush gives a fuck if the factory where you used to work is gone? Does Maureen Dowd care about the plight of poor blacks in what used to be New Orleans?
Hardly.

Please.
“No matter how cynical I become, it’s never enough to keep up.”

-Lily Tomlin