Animals Have Rights!

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:
Does an electric grill for indoors count?[/quote]

If you are grilling tofu and cucumbers no it doesnt count, if you are gilling bambi or cow? Then yes that does count.

[quote]tom63 wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
My sister is a vegetarian. I can’t go home for a holiday without she telling me that I will die because “eating meat is eating death”. I hate the preachy vegans who wanna convert you and shit like that.

Otherwise I think more people should become vegans. Because that means more meat for me, and cheaper meat too![/quote]

Most vegans I know are fat chicks. And they still drink booze.[/quote]

I was going to mention this funny thing too, but didn’t want to look like I was hating.

Yeah, most vegetarian/vegan girls are pretty fat. I think they got the idea that they can eat as much rice as they want since they’re being “good”.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]tom63 wrote:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
My sister is a vegetarian. I can’t go home for a holiday without she telling me that I will die because “eating meat is eating death”. I hate the preachy vegans who wanna convert you and shit like that.

Otherwise I think more people should become vegans. Because that means more meat for me, and cheaper meat too![/quote]

Most vegans I know are fat chicks. And they still drink booze.[/quote]

I was going to mention this funny thing too, but didn’t want to look like I was hating.

Yeah, most vegetarian/vegan girls are pretty fat. I think they got the idea that they can eat as much rice as they want since they’re being “good”.
[/quote]

Ha Rice realy Nards, maybe covered with chocolate and topped with whipped cream and gummy bear sprinkles.

But it’s really true!

I know only 2 vegetarian guys and they are skinny. I think they truly adhere to the gay lifesty… I mean vegetarian lifestyle, but women go nuts on the rice and sweet potatoes.

I think one of the reasons many people turn vegetarian is bodyfat, and the false idea that not eating meat will make you lean. That probably being the cause why so many vegans are fatties.

[quote]Oleena wrote:
I love eating meat, but I also respect other people’s attempt at leading a more compassionate life however they feel they should. This is basically like saying “Hey you know that thing you love? I enjoy slaughtering and eating it. Haha! You suck. Fuck you!”

It’s inconsiderate, immature, uncool, and right on par with the super-religious non-meaters that annoy the crap out of you.[/quote]

x2

Was a vegetarian from the age of about 7 until 21, firstly because I copied my brother and sister when I was very young and continued out of habit, not due to a problem with killing animals etc. As such I never once preached to anyone about it being morally better or any of the bullshit some people do, but still every who knew I didn’t eat meat would make a massive deal out with the usual shit about it being manly or whatever to eat an animal (unless you’ve killed it bare handed, buying one food from a store is no different to buying another). Really the vegetarians/vegans aren’t acting any differently to you when you say eating meat is great.

For the record I found being a vegetarian kind of crap, really limits you when dining out or abroad, plus it’s pretty tough when trying to go for a high protein diet.

Way I look at it is like the pen I write with.

You write with one pen, I write with a different kind of pen.

I don’t tell you that you need to start buying my type of pen, because I don’t give a fuck about your pens.

Same principle. Who the fuck gives a shit what other people’s diet is like, it doesn’t effect you (except in cases of extreme obesity on airlines, or other rare and extreme situations)

I started this thread because I was bored on a friday night and I didn’t feel like going out in the cold. It was supposed to be a joke thread.

Thanks guys for taking my unserious thread so seriously. :smiley:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I started this thread because I was bored on a friday night and I didn’t feel like going out in the cold. It was supposed to be a joke thread.

Thanks guys for taking my unserious thread so seriously. :D[/quote]

�
� �

we grill year round here in chicago. last winter we bought one of those outdoor space heaters and put it right by the grill on the deck. makes it a little more bearable when its snowing and -5 out.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

I don’t tell you that you need to start buying my type of pen, because I don’t give a fuck about your pens.

Same principle. Who the fuck gives a shit what other people’s diet is like, it doesn’t effect you (except in cases of extreme obesity on airlines, or other rare and extreme situations)[/quote]

It effects all of us through obesity and the many other diseases related to poor diet. This drives up health care costs among other things. Take the blinders off.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Same principle. Who the fuck gives a shit what other people’s diet is like, it doesn’t effect you (except in cases of extreme obesity on airlines, or other rare and extreme situations)[/quote]

It effects all of us through obesity and the many other diseases related to poor diet. This drives up health care costs among other things. Take the blinders off.
[/quote]

That’s the price of living free…

Besides, if you wanted to go down that nasty road, it wouldn’t be hard to make arguments that YOUR lifestyle is the one that costs us all and must be curtailed. Are you oblivious to the popular opinions on saturated fat and dietary cholesterol? Just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean you’d be exempt.

If you want your freedom you have to grant it to others.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

Are you perhaps trying to say that the entirety of humankind is interminably linked in life via some grand orbicular structure (metaphorically speaking, of course)?

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

Besides, if you wanted to go down that nasty road, it wouldn’t be hard to make arguments that YOUR lifestyle is the one that costs us all and must be curtailed. Are you oblivious to the popular opinions on saturated fat and dietary cholesterol? Just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean you’d be exempt.

If you want your freedom you have to grant it to others. [/quote]

I assume this is addressed to someone else and you’re just confused. I never once mentioned either being in favor of, or against meat eating. Try again.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

Are you perhaps trying to say that the entirety of humankind is interminably linked in life via some grand orbicular structure (metaphorically speaking, of course)?[/quote]

Not really, I’m simply stating that something that one group of people absolutely effects the whole eventually in some way either positive or negative depending on the behavior.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

I assume this is addressed to someone else and you’re just confused. I never once mentioned either being in favor of, or against meat eating. Try again.
[/quote]

You pointed out how it effects all of us, causes higher instances of diseases.

She pointed out that it doesn’t matter because, even though it effects all of us, people are free to choose a bad diet and choose to be fat. We can’t have it both ways. She also used the meat/no meat and a single example, which obviously went over your head.

Did you come back from the grave just to bitch at us?

[quote]Oleena wrote:
I love eating meat, but I also respect other people’s attempt at leading a more compassionate life however they feel they should. This is basically like saying “Hey you know that thing you love? I enjoy slaughtering and eating it. Haha! You suck. Fuck you!”

It’s inconsiderate, immature, uncool, and right on par with the super-religious non-meaters that annoy the crap out of you.[/quote]

So…what you’re saying is that if animals weren’t supposed to be eaten, then why were they made out of meat? I concur.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You pointed out how it effects all of us, causes higher instances of diseases.

She pointed out that it doesn’t matter because, even though it effects all of us, people are free to choose a bad diet and choose to be fat. We can’t have it both ways. She also used the meat/no meat and a single example, which obviously went over your head.[/quote]

Simply because someone else used an example of meat or no meat does not mean that I agree or disagree with it. You are laboring under a logical fallacy.

[quote]Did you come back from the grave just to bitch at us?
[/quote]

No, but I wasn’t born yesterday either so try really hard to make sense. I’ll give you one more shot at it.