Animal Pak Vitamins

[quote]Jujimufu wrote:
Something I never understood about them, was that the directions on the back of animal pak noted “Take 30 minutes after the meal before your workout”

Why 30 minutes?[/quote]

apparently the body is in digestling ‘mode’ when you eat and has enzymes etc. already moving. So this way the vitamins get digested better because the digestive process is turned ‘on’ if you will. before training because of the stimulant stuff in it and apparently the blood flow of trianing helps dispersal. For some of the ingredients so can grapefruits.

[quote]Jujimufu wrote:
Something I never understood about them, was that the directions on the back of animal pak noted “Take 30 minutes after the meal before your workout”

Why 30 minutes?[/quote]

Cause they trick you into thinking that it works better that way.

Much more hard-core than just “take with a meal”. Afterall, it’s got “Animal” in the name!

I was taking the NOW Vit-Min 75+ but can’t get them here in Hong Kong. I couldn’t find another multi I thought was as good so I just got the Animal Pak from the local supp store. I go to their - Universal Nutrition’s - website and so I thought it would be good to support them like I try to support Biotest.

First thing I noticed was the weight of the damn can. The next thing I noticed when opening it - the stench. Unbelievable. Fills the room when I just get my daily pak.

I also get a challenge of taking all them horse pills. It gets easier. Pop a bunch in, sort them out inside the mouth, and swallow and drink. Rinse. Repeater. I never have my urine go funny in color but I swear it smells like the Pak sometimes. Freaky.

Must be the ginseng or something. Feel great since starting and I think my workouts are a bit better - little more punch.
I think, in fact, it works out to be cheaper, if you consider you don’t need extra calcium supps, ginseng, and all the other good bits they stuff in.

Plus you don’t have to worry about gathering all that crap together.
I’m sold on the stinky shit.

I used to take animal pak, and I’m still convinced they did nothing for me, even with all that I do for training. I think I still have a few packs, I’ll take them this week, and if I actually notice anything I’ll come back and apologize.

But right now, I think multivitamins are a waste. You should eat everything you need to begin with.

Well I misunderstood the initial post as I thought it was refering to Animal Stak. I never tried the multi-vitamins so I don’t have any experience with that.

As far as Animal Stak, I didn’t think it did anything for me… but, at the time my diet was shitty, as well as my training… so that probably was about 99.9% of my problem. As far as the urine turning colors, nothing extra water didn’t take care of.

~V

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
I used to take animal pak, and I’m still convinced they did nothing for me, even with all that I do for training. I think I still have a few packs, I’ll take them this week, and if I actually notice anything I’ll come back and apologize.

But right now, I think multivitamins are a waste. You should eat everything you need to begin with.[/quote]

If you can do this you are better at nutritional eating than most here, not too mention you must spend lots of time eating, like all day.

You think you can eat everything in a day as far as vitamins, minerals etc as you get them in the Pak?
Care to list a sample diet?

But right now, I think multivitamins are a waste. You should eat everything you need to begin with.[/quote]

I have to say that is damn amazing that you can do that

[quote]gitrpumped wrote:
If you can do this you are better at nutritional eating than most here, not too mention you must spend lots of time eating, like all day.[/quote]
I’m a student on summer vacation working 2 days a week, so it does make it a lot easier, but I also follow a lot of Berardi’s advice, as far as preparing stuff ahead of time and everything.

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
You think you can eat everything in a day as far as vitamins, minerals etc as you get them in the Pak?
[/quote]

No, I don’t think that I can get everything from the animal pak in a day without it, and I wasn’t claiming that.

What I do think is that I get everything I need from what I eat. Who knows, maybe I don’t but I feel the animal pak did nothing for me.

• Again, I’ll take them this week and see what I think after not having taken them for a couple months-

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
I just got some. anyone use them before? Did you find it helped? any thoughts are welcome. thx
[/quote]

IMO Animal Pak is a Great MULTI-VITAMIN! I haven’t yet compaired it To say Centrum or any other MultiVitamin… ) but I do Notice a difference If im not taking it…

As far as ALL the “urine” comments… Smelly Urine tends to come from Dehydration more so then anything else (well aside from Asparagus). In addition there are many other substances such as nitrates and phosphates in the urine that can colour it and give it a distinctive odour. The more dilute your urine is and the blander your diet, the less you will notice these smells and this simply means drinking lots more water.

Vitamin-B, Beta-carotene, Rhubarb, beets, DEHYDRATION, ect, ect… will cause Urine colouration…

Sorry for all of that… Just tired of reading all the “Pee” Associations.

The greater the dietary deficiency the greater the boost from Animal Pak or any other supplement. With any kind of decent diet and a multi-vitamin for insurance, you can save a lot of money.

I see what you mean and you should try to get everything from whole food. You Supplement to get your daily needs from the PAK. I dont know anything about you but I have a feeling our needs may be different.

No disrespect but in a previous post I stated that the PAK may not be needed for everyone. Show me some people that can get away with taking once centrum a day and I will show you a body type I am not aiming for.

At 270+ plus I have a need for 5,000 calories a day and it can be a bitch at times. I also try to get as many vits and mins from food but for me personally when I am training my ass off, the PAK is the shit.

If you are gonna take the PAK again, make sure you train hard so your body is yearning for its goodies. And give it more than a week before you make up your mind. Trust me, if you do it right, you will feel the difference.

AA

gitrpumped wrote:
If you can do this you are better at nutritional eating than most here, not too mention you must spend lots of time eating, like all day.
I’m a student on summer vacation working 2 days a week, so it does make it a lot easier, but I also follow a lot of Berardi’s advice, as far as preparing stuff ahead of time and everything.

Amsterdam Animal wrote:

No, I don’t think that I can get everything from the animal pak in a day without it, and I wasn’t claiming that.

What I do think is that I get everything I need from what I eat. Who knows, maybe I don’t but I feel the animal pak did nothing for me.

• Again, I’ll take them this week and see what I think after not having taken them for a couple months-[/quote]

Who gives a fuck what color it is and what causes it. You have “bigger” things to worry about when you are on a BB diet. Can you say No 2. eggwhite delight? Explain that stench to your girl.

[quote]Zsoulless wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:
I just got some. anyone use them before? Did you find it helped? any thoughts are welcome. thx

IMO Animal Pak is a Great MULTI-VITAMIN! I haven’t yet compaired it To say Centrum or any other MultiVitamin… ) but I do Notice a difference If im not taking it…

As far as ALL the “urine” comments… Smelly Urine tends to come from Dehydration more so then anything else (well aside from Asparagus). In addition there are many other substances such as nitrates and phosphates in the urine that can colour it and give it a distinctive odour. The more dilute your urine is and the blander your diet, the less you will notice these smells and this simply means drinking lots more water.

Vitamin-B, Beta-carotene, Rhubarb, beets, DEHYDRATION, ect, ect… will cause Urine colouration…

Sorry for all of that… Just tired of reading all the “Pee” Associations.[/quote]

Some of you just dont get it. And Animal is a multi so what are you saying?

I dont think there is anything missing in my diet. Try eating like me for a week and you will beg to go back to your regular life.

23 bucks a can I get my PAKS for. Not much cash if u ask me.

[quote]S-Lifter wrote:
The greater the dietary deficiency the greater the boost from Animal Pak or any other supplement. With any kind of decent diet and a multi-vitamin for insurance, you can save a lot of money.[/quote]

this is a paraphrase from one of their product catalogues:

Don’t worry if your piss turns bright yellow, thats just “Pak Piss”.

Thats all those good water solubles. That piss is probably so vitamin/mineral rich you could bottle it up and sell it in 3rd world countries, or perhaps Walmart.

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Some of you just dont get it. And Animal is a multi so what are you saying?

I dont think there is anything missing in my diet. Try eating like me for a week and you will beg to go back to your regular life.

23 bucks a can I get my PAKS for. Not much cash if u ask me.

S-Lifter wrote:
The greater the dietary deficiency the greater the boost from Animal Pak or any other supplement. With any kind of decent diet and a multi-vitamin for insurance, you can save a lot of money.

[/quote]

Amen.

A good multi should be the first supplement you invest in. Animal Pak is a great multi and it’s designed with the bodybuilder in mind. I love it and I’ll continue taking it for a long time to come

I tried it a few times, it gives me an energy boost before workout, but nothing spectacular. Spike is stronger in that regard.
I’m not sure if it really helps with recovery, I’ll have to try it a few more times to draw a conclusion.

Yeah, it’s definitely not an anabolic. :slight_smile:

Do you take at the end of the day, once the work is done, or at the start? i only ever take 2 paks when im getting sick, didnt get enough sleep or after night shift, but i am a lightweight…

[quote]TDog305 wrote:
Are you people expecting some steroid like gains from a multi?

It helps supplement your diet to make sure you are getting all of your vitamins and minerals.

Saying that your are “on” a multi implies that you are expecting some crazy gains from something that isn’t going to give it to you.

If you have neon yellow piss, you aren’t drinking enough water. Up your water intake. Simple as that.

That being said I like Animal Pak, but it can be a pain in the ass to swallow all of those pills. Make sure you have a lot of water on hand.[/quote]

not true i drink more then a gallon a day and my piss is still neon yellow. To tell you the truth i dont kno if it has helped me or not. i feel the same when takin it and when im not. so idk maybe they are working or maybe they’re not. My PRs have increased alot but i have been taking other supplements that i couldnt tell what helped me.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Do you take at the end of the day, once the work is done, or at the start? i only ever take 2 paks when im getting sick, didnt get enough sleep or after night shift, but i am a lightweight…[/quote]

To quote myself, dudes at the AP forum said with the bigger meal - brekky or lunch.