Animal Cruelty for Art's Sake

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Artist-Leaves-Dog-To-Die-on-Exhibition-Display-82091.shtml

This disgusts me. I can’t believe people would watch this and consider it intellectually stimulating or moving in any way whatsoever.

Definitely disturbing. The guy is obviously sadistic.

This has me so fucking angry right now. This mutherfucker does not deserve to be called an artist… or a human being for that matter. The art world has been hijacked by this mentality, which makes it more difficult for real artists like myself to maintain credibility.

Most watched Google video in Sweden.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1282796533661048967&q=earthlings&total=1326&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

A lot of it is crap, but it also makes excellent points. Some of the footage is not for the faint-hearted.

Yeah I saw this yesterday and signed a petition against this d-bag. It’s sad knowing that it’s not just this one guy who thinks it’s art, but everyone else who stood by and actually watched the dog die.

I would have set it free myself, it doesn’t appear to be that walled off or anything.

Like some weedy “artist” is gonna have the stones to stop me.

Whaaaaaaaat? That’s like protesting the war by killing people. Even though it’s incredibly cruel and torture, it doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense. I vote we tie him to a wall so we can watch him die.

It’s effective. I’ll give him that much.

This guy is a total moron. Every time I hear of something like this, I think of my dog, and I wouldn’t want ANYTHING remotely negative to happen to her.

This is what pisses me off. The artist is probably right that the dog would have died anyway. But it occurs to me that ‘artists’ derive some sort of voyeristic pleasure in thinking they’ve affected other people with their art, and by doing so, changed the world.

Modern art carries the sentiments of a twelve-year old with a stick who pokes people who pay him to just to watch them twitch.

Yeah, it makes no sense.

If he really wanted to highlight the suffering of dog-dom (and humanity) he COULD do it by SAVING THE FU(KING DOGS!

People without heart should not be artists.

I can just imagine that there are people out there who think WE are the cretins for not seeing the significance of that trash.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

“His aim is to make an artistic statement about the fragility and the misery in which all dogs �?? indeed, all human beings live, and he achieved just that by letting the dog starve to death tied to a wall.”

Whaaaaaaaat? That’s like protesting the war by killing people. Even though it’s incredibly cruel and torture, it doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense. I vote we tie him to a wall so we can watch him die. [/quote]

Or like attempting to spread peace with war, or fucking for virginity.

The guy is an idiot.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/vargas.asp

yeah, so either its legit, or the dog was fed at night and escaped.

either way. dude’s a dick. paint something next time. better yet, substitute yourself for the dog.

shit is fucked up… like the assholes who threw the puppy off the cliff - this cocksucker is no worse.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

“His aim is to make an artistic statement about the fragility and the misery in which all dogs �?? indeed, all human beings live, and he achieved just that by letting the dog starve to death tied to a wall.”

Whaaaaaaaat? That’s like protesting the war by killing people. Even though it’s incredibly cruel and torture, it doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense. I vote we tie him to a wall so we can watch him die. [/quote]

You got my vote, can I vote twice I have a friend.

I wonder how many people it would’ve taken to punch out a security guard or two and free the dog, and if charges would’ve been pressed for actually being a decent human being.

Sick.

Reminds me of this controversial Finnish artist called Teemu Mäki.

He killed a cat with an axe and then masturbated on the dead body. How’s that for art?

I love animals. Why not just paint a picture or a statue to represent death. Why kill something. What they guy needs is a brick lodged in his fucking head. I want to rip his arms off!!!