Anger Management

Ok, I need some help. I have the WORST anger possible. I dont care if that makes sense or not. When im angry, ill rip someone’s throat out just to feel better. Ive tried punching walls, stamping my feet, etc.etc. but it never seems to work. The “lie down and relax” bs wont do. Can someone help?

Im at the point where the people around me want to send me to a psychiatrist. THATS how bad it is. I dont wanna go tho, because if i hear him say “so how does that make you feel” one more time im gonna rip his nutsack out and shove it down his throat. Anyone else with anger issues learn to deal with it? Im in SERIOUS need for help.

Dude…lie down and relax.

There ya go…now how does that make you feel?

Do chores. No, seriously. Whenever I’m in a bad mood I start cleaning my apartment or car. You get involved with what you’re doing and end up forgetting what you’re all pissed off about.

Dude, I feel for you, but you’re 14 years old. (or thereabouts) you have nothing to be angry about. Go to school, make your bed, and do what your Mommy and Daddy tell you to.

Sorry to be such a douchebag about it.

[quote]kelleyb wrote:
Dude, I feel for you, but you’re 14 years old. (or thereabouts) you have nothing to be angry about. Go to school, make your bed, and do what your Mommy and Daddy tell you to.

Sorry to be such a douchebag about it. [/quote]

Ohhh…14…well, that explains something. Probably crazy ass hormonal flux. I used have episodes where I’d get pissed off at that age, too. Don’t worry though, it eventually coalesces into one constant angry mood when you’re older.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Ohhh…14…well, that explains something. Probably crazy ass hormonal flux. I used have episodes where I’d get pissed off at that age, too. Don’t worry though, it eventually coalesces into one constant angry mood when you’re older.[/quote]

Agreed. “Being 14” is pretty much all the reason a person needs to be angry. Early adolescence sucks. I remember waking up pissed off for no reason. It would ruin the rest of the day.

It’s also a time where a person is getting increasing feelings of competence and autonomy, yet live in a society where most freedoms and opportunities for self-realization have been stripped from them.

Then we wonder why our adolescents act out, join gangs, do drugs…

– ElbowStrike

It isnt that simple tho, if wake up angry, ill stay angry. Ive gotten to the point where ive injured people. Sometimes hardcore music makes me feel better, but all the music these days is pussy. Nothing hard enough…

I seriously dont wanna go to a psychaitrist. I even made my mom pass out today because i was stamping my feet like mad and almost broke a glass…

The “stop worrying about it” crap never works… A few mins ago i was thinking “this is why people do drugs…”

Sounds like you need a man in your life to beat your ass then.

Edit: For all the perverts out there, I mean man as in father-figure

[quote]Ultimate Badass wrote:
Sounds like you need a man in your life to beat your ass then.

Edit: For all the perverts out there, I mean man as in father-figure[/quote]

Agreed - quit throwing temper tantrums. Realize you’re angry but don’t be an asshole. Be introspective. Think about it. Otherwise, find someone bigger than you, and have them beat you until you stop doing this shit. Its fine to get angry at things, but what you’re describing sounds ridiculous. If you feel it is this serious, then nobody here is going to have the magic words to fix it. If you feel it warrants professional help, suck it up and get professional help.

Seriously, Hoss, only two year olds stamp their feet and pitch fits.

Thats why i was asking for help on how to control my anger, because its wayyyyy to bad. So bad that its embarassing.

This is weird, are you not the kid that posted about being teased at school, but doing nothing about for a while because you are a nice guy. With the temper you are describing it you should have killed one of those kids by now.

You’re not getting your aggression out all day long so it boils up and comes out all at once. Start playing more sports, lifting, running, whatever it takes and quit eating crap food and playing on the internet. In fact, shouldn’t you be in bed right now?

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
This is weird, are you not the kid that posted about being teased at school, but doing nothing about for a while because you are a nice guy. With the temper you are describing it you should have killed one of those kids by now.[/quote]

Exactly.

OP,
Here’s the situation. A lot of us have read your post regarding training and your goals and we think your heart is in the right place, but… let me give you some adult advice. DO NOT use T-Nation.com as your source for psychological advice. If you really believe that you have “the WORST temper ever” you need to seek out qualified professional help. If you don’t want to see a psychiatrist then see a psychologist or some sort of counsler.

This is a bodybuilding/fitness website, not one dedicated to helping the youth of the world deal with teen angst.

Find an Anger Management support group near you and go to ONE meeting. See if you still think you have a “problem” then.

How many times a day are you praying? 5 times? If not, try it, you’ll be surprised on how calm and cool you’ll be from here on out, provided you put forth faith and intention into making your situation better.

Get off da roidz, its not worth it Bra. lol i crack myself up. Seriously, be a man and control your behavior. GO take it out on the weights or football field, not your poor mom. In short, don’t be such a baby.

Repeat after me, goosefraba.

I used to have the same problem, then I went to college, living on your own definitely helps mellow you out. There’s no trouble when I go home now, basically it just takes time.

Or whenever you feel something coming on just scream out serenity now.

I do overreact a lot, thats why i asked. Do you think i should join boxing or something at the local gym? Might help get the anger out…

Buy a gun.

Watch Death Wish with Charles Bronson.