Andy Rooney Rocks!!!

This was his statement at the end of 60 Minutes a couple of weeks ago.

Right on, Andy Rooney!

Andy Rooney said on “60 Minutes” a few weeks back:

I don’t think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the UnitedCaucasianCollege Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens…Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right “NOT” to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn’t die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can’t understand the word “freeze” or “stop” in English, see the above lines.

I don’t think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don’t hate the rich. I don’t pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn’t stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that’s better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn’t take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say “NO!”

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don’t pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don’t want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of “Political Correctness.” I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be “African-Americans”? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don’t go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

And if you don’t like my point of view, tough…

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

False.

He did say this though:

You can’t beat the French when it comes to food, fashion, wine or perfume, but they lost their license to have an opinion on world affairs years ago. They may even be selling stuff to Iraq and don’t want to hurt business.

The French are simply not reliable partners in a world where the good people in it ought to be working together. Americans may come off as international jerks sometimes but we’re usually trying to do the right thing.

The French lost WWII to the Germans in about 20 minutes. Along with the British, we got into the war and had about 150,000 guys killed getting their country back for them. We fought all across France, and the Germans finally surrendered in a French schoolhouse.

You’d think that school building in Reims would be a great tourist attraction but it isn’t. The French seem embarrassed by it. They don’t want to call attention to the fact that we freed them from German occupation.

I heard Steven Spielberg say the French wouldn’t even let him film the D-Day scenes in “Saving Private Ryan” on the Normandy beaches. They want people to forget the price we paid getting their country back for them.

Americans have a right to protest going to war with Iraq. The French do not. They owe us the independence they flaunt in our face at the U.N.

I went into Paris with American troops the day we liberated it, Aug. 25, 1944. It was one of the great days in the history of the world.

French women showered American soldiers with kisses, at the very least. The next day, the pompous Charles de Gaulle marched down the mile long Champs Elysee to the Place de la Concorde as if he had liberated France himself. I was there, squeezed in among a hundred tanks we’d given the Free French Army that we brought in with us.

Suddenly there were sniper shots from the top of a building. Thousands of Frenchmen who had come to see de Gaulle scrambled to get under something. I got under an Army truck myself. The tank gunners opened fire on the building where the shots had come from, firing mindlessly at nothing. It was a wild scene that lasted, maybe, 10 minutes.

When we go to Paris every couple of years now, I rent a car. I drive around the Place de la Concorde and when some French driver blows his horn for me to get out of his way, I just smile and say to myself, “Go ahead, Pierre. Be my guest. I know something about this very place you’ll never know.”

The French have not earned their right to oppose President Bush’s plans to attack Iraq.

On the other hand, I have.

Hmmm, well I guess the point isn’t who said it. I doubt many people here at T-Nation will agree with it but personally I think it is an outstanding statement.

FatSensei

I thought it was pretty obvious from the beginning that this wasn’t Rooney’s work. Rooney is a funny old man, sometimes insightful, but for the most part I disagree with about 90% of everything that comes out of his mouth.
The fact that most of this article made sense to me instantly disqualified Rooney as the author. Further, the fact that Rooney referred to the article as containing “racist and sexist” material just means I disagree with him all that much more.
No racism here, just an honest opinion.
I like it.

In fact, I might steal tinhe first paragraph for my sig sometime. I feel much better about doing so knowing that Andy Rooney had nothing to do with it.

Ali G interviews Andy Rooney, who’s apparently in a really bad mood:

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/4234/Ali_G_interviews_Andy_Rooney.html

and this is why they dont follow you into war. Particulary since they helped you out in the war of independence.

Probably turn around next and say that while france owes him, he doesnt owe anything to the native american people that were wiped out. I dont have an opinion on that, simple stating that these debts of honour arnt two ways.

I’m not sure who said this stuff first but it sounds like something from George Carlin. All good stuff though.

While it’s fairly obvious that Andy Rooney is too PC to say most of that stuff… It does strike me as odd, that a person’s Citizenship can be determined from his looks, or his DNA. That is, if DNA from an Indian is found at a crime scene, it is said to be from an IndoCanadian. And if the DNA is has African attributes, it is said to be from an AfricanAmerican.

Now, how do they KNOW if it’s got Punjabi traits, the guy is CANADIAN? And if it’s got black traits, the guy is AMERICAN?

And while I’m at it. What do you think about this? My boy’s school, has a peanut ban. At least in his classroom, because a kid is allergic to peanut products. So, no peanut butter, or anything with traces of peanuts in it. If my son were to take a peanut butter sandwich to school, he’d have to eat it out in the hall. I don’t have anything against this really, but where does it end?

He was playing soccer at a school field today, and I noticed a sign on the front door of the school, stating that the school was a PERFUME FREE ZONE due to severe allergies.

So, what happens when a kid is deemed allergic to bananas? No more bananas at school?

And as for peanuts, as I understand it, this allergy is severe, and is not just restricted to peanuts. So what if my kid takes a sandwich with something related in the ingredients, and the allergic kid gets a whiff of it? Am I responsible?

|/ 3Toes