Andy Bolton NOTLD 964 Raw Deadlift

couldn’t find full results, anyone found them?

That was loud

About halfway down the page.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/16941

Also, watch this video of the event…and don’t miss Eric’s announcement at the end!!!

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/16944

Did they white-light that lift? Cause his hips don’t look locked out there.

[quote]animus wrote:
Did they white-light that lift? Cause his hips don’t look locked out there.[/quote]

No, he raised his arms because he got reds. Doesn’t everyone do that? /sarcasm

I thought his hips were fine. Knees didn’t look locked to me though. Insane lift either way.

[quote]animus wrote:
Did they white-light that lift? Cause his hips don’t look locked out there.[/quote]

how did stormthebeach do? he was training for that meet.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

Also, watch this video of the event…and don’t miss Eric’s announcement at the end!!!

[/quote]

On FOX?

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
how did stormthebeach do? he was training for that meet.[/quote]

Stolen rightly so from his log, bwahaha

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Hello.

Well, finished 5th at the NOTLD with a 750lbs pull @ 229lbs bodyweight. Went for 810 on my 2nd and pulled my right hamstring (which has been bothering me for a few weeks and I was hoping some rest would be enough to have it heal and still pull big, False on that one). I sweat out a ton of water weight for the 24 hour weigh in and wasnt completely back to normal when warm-ups started. Oh well, I lost 51lbs and got stronger in the process. I just wish it would have showed at the meet. 705 was a speed pull. 810 felt like nothing in my hands and in the first 8 inches off the floor. It sucks but it is going to be all the more impressive when I put some weight back on and absolutely dominate the Arnold.

That being said, the meet was awesome. I was very happy to see and talk with Tom Eisman again. He is one of the classiest guys I have ever met.

I was pretty fired up from the very beginning. I got to do all of my warm ups with Andy Bolton. Honestly, I dont know how he fit into the gym at the high school. The guy is enormous in real life. It was a little demoralizing watching him do my opener for his last warm-up but it was pretty awesome getting to hang out/ lift weights and talk about deadlifting with one of the strongest humans on the planet. I’ve seen a ton of comments about how bad his pull was on the internet. I’d love to see some video’s of a smoother 964lb raw deadlift.

So, thats over and it was an awesome experience. Finishing 5th with just my opener in a stacked competition like that made me feel a little better about sucking so much. My hamstring still hurts pretty bad but whatever, I need to get stronger…
[/quote]

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

[quote]matsm21 wrote:

Hello.

Well, finished 5th at the NOTLD with a 750lbs pull @ 229lbs bodyweight. Went for 810 on my 2nd and pulled my right hamstring (which has been bothering me for a few weeks and I was hoping some rest would be enough to have it heal and still pull big, False on that one). I sweat out a ton of water weight for the 24 hour weigh in and wasnt completely back to normal when warm-ups started. Oh well, I lost 51lbs and got stronger in the process. I just wish it would have showed at the meet. 705 was a speed pull. 810 felt like nothing in my hands and in the first 8 inches off the floor. It sucks but it is going to be all the more impressive when I put some weight back on and absolutely dominate the Arnold.

That being said, the meet was awesome. I was very happy to see and talk with Tom Eisman again. He is one of the classiest guys I have ever met.

I was pretty fired up from the very beginning. I got to do all of my warm ups with Andy Bolton. Honestly, I dont know how he fit into the gym at the high school. The guy is enormous in real life. It was a little demoralizing watching him do my opener for his last warm-up but it was pretty awesome getting to hang out/ lift weights and talk about deadlifting with one of the strongest humans on the planet. I’ve seen a ton of comments about how bad his pull was on the internet. I’d love to see some video’s of a smoother 964lb raw deadlift.

So, thats over and it was an awesome experience. Finishing 5th with just my opener in a stacked competition like that made me feel a little better about sucking so much. My hamstring still hurts pretty bad but whatever, I need to get stronger…
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yea, I sucked.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

[/quote]

Wow ultimate powerlifting series? That’s awesome and prize money to boot. That totally changes the sport if there’s stuff like this with legit prize money.

[quote]matsm21 wrote:

Hello.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yea, I sucked.[/quote]

Damn, sorry to hear about the hamstring. I hope it heals quickly. How much weight did you drop for the weigh-in (dehydrating)?

[quote]Shedosk wrote:

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

[/quote]

Wow ultimate powerlifting series? That’s awesome and prize money to boot. That totally changes the sport if there’s stuff like this with legit prize money.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. Eric is really trying hard to elevate powerlifting’s profile. I’m only concerned that the IPF lifters will not be able to qualify. Although he may consider that as he did with RAW and ensure no suspended lifters are eligible.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

[quote]matsm21 wrote:

Hello.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yea, I sucked.[/quote]

Damn, sorry to hear about the hamstring. I hope it heals quickly. How much weight did you drop for the weigh-in (dehydrating)? [/quote]

I cut salt our 2 days before, that got me to 236. The home made bathroom sauna got me to 229. I drank about 2 gallons of 50/50 water and gatorade before I went to bed and it only got me back up to 240 the next morning. I drank 2 more before the meet and didnt have to pee until 10minutes before I had to start warming up. I shouldnt have dehydrated. The whole meet would have ended a lot differently, I think.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

[quote]Shedosk wrote:

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

[/quote]

Wow ultimate powerlifting series? That’s awesome and prize money to boot. That totally changes the sport if there’s stuff like this with legit prize money.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. Eric is really trying hard to elevate powerlifting’s profile. I’m only concerned that the IPF lifters will not be able to qualify. Although he may consider that as he did with RAW and ensure no suspended lifters are eligible.

[/quote]

Wow, that’s really exciting. I’m interested to see how this will play out.

I was at the meet too, not competing, just watching. I also got to hang out with Andy Bolton all day Monday. In my opinion he did not lock out the 964, and Andy didnt think he got it either, it looked really easy for him till the end of lockout though. However, he did just pull 979 raw two weeks ago. He said he doesn’t like to go above 950 twice in a year, but he has already done it 3 times in the past few months.

Eisman and Orlando Greene were the two guys who impressed me the most. Eisman hit mid to high 700’s I believe, at a bodyweight of 180 at 52 years old. Orlando green deadlifted 814 at 220lbs with the worst deadlift form I’ve seen since diesel weasel…

[quote]legacyfighter wrote:
I was at the meet too, not competing, just watching. I also got to hang out with Andy Bolton all day Monday. In my opinion he did not lock out the 964, and Andy didnt think he got it either, it looked really easy for him till the end of lockout though. However, he did just pull 979 raw two weeks ago. He said he doesn’t like to go above 950 twice in a year, but he has already done it 3 times in the past few months.

Eisman and Orlando Greene were the two guys who impressed me the most. Eisman hit mid to high 700’s I believe, at a bodyweight of 180 at 52 years old. Orlando green deadlifted 814 at 220lbs with the worst deadlift form I’ve seen since diesel weasel…[/quote]

wait…that 979 was raw?

Thats what Andy said. He may have mispoken, but he definitely said it was raw.

Amazing to think he didn’t pull all that much more with gear on. Just goes to show how legit his deadlift is

Amazing to think he didn’t pull all that much more with gear on. Just goes to show how legit his deadlift is