Andy Bolton DL Challenge a Go for 2011

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/14577

Andy Bolton and the rest of the world’s strongest deadlifters will be taking each other on in 2011 in Cleveland, Ohio. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m really excited about this.

Wonder why they’d have it in Cleveland? I mean, of all places…

I will have to keep up to date on this. If they are serving adult beverages there is a 100% chance I’ll be there. If not, probably only 90%.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

I will have to keep up to date on this. If they are serving adult beverages there is a 100% chance I’ll be there. If not, probably only 90%.[/quote]

Gorilla Pit Strength Sports in Mentor, Ohio is putting it on, so I would imagine that they would want to have it in the same metro area as their business.

That sounds insane.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

I will have to keep up to date on this. If they are serving adult beverages there is a 100% chance I’ll be there. If not, probably only 90%.[/quote]

Gorilla Pit Strength Sports in Mentor, Ohio is putting it on, so I would imagine that they would want to have it in the same metro area as their business.[/quote]

Gotcha, makes sense.

I am going to Waterbury walk from CA to OH to watch this.

Just you wait.

Im definitely going, im sure i have a few friends who would wanna make a road trip down to Ohio from Toronto, CA for that.

Toronto, California?

I live in cleveland right now.

Think I’ll be able to get tickets?

I can see my gf now…“so were going to watch people pick weights up off the floor?”

[quote]CGspot wrote:
I live in cleveland right now.

Think I’ll be able to get tickets?

I can see my gf now…“so were going to watch people pick weights up off the floor?”[/quote]

haha i feel ya. i told my gf how i was going to the arnold classic, and after i explained all the sporting events they showcase there she just looked at me and said…“so basically your driving 12 hours to see muscular men in thongs flex at you…”

haha…that bitch

[quote]SlothGuy wrote:
Toronto, California?[/quote]

no canada, i figured with me being listed as from Canada that would be a given.

If most of them confirm it will be an epic event!

Hell yes, I live in Cleveland too. Gonna try the be there?

when they go on sale where would someone buy tickets to this?

[quote]Kerley wrote:
when they go on sale where would someone buy tickets to this? [/quote]

X2

And would they be cool with DLSRs and stuff like that?

I have been following the story and I hope it is a huge event. I am wondering if there is gonna be a catch weight for Bolton and some of the bigger guys to get to, and also what type of equipment/judging.

Also, its in CLeveland because they are gonna try to get it in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

If all of those people pull through and come, this would just be soo epic.

I wonder if they are going to force the strongmen to not use straps and not hitch or are they going to allow the powerlifters to use straps and hitch, either way someone is going to be at a disadvantage.

My speculation would be that it is going to be powerlifting rules just because Andy Bolton is putting it on, and he is unbeatable at the powerlifting style deadlift.

Damn. It would be great to see just a third of those guys in the same competition, let alone all of them.

chuck vogelpohl has confirmed!

[quote]CGspot wrote:
I can see my gf now…“so were going to watch people pick weights up off the floor?”[/quote]

I think I’m pretty lucky…My wife went to the Arnold with me this year, and after watching me compete for 5 hours on Friday, she happily sat and watched the Pro Strongmen on Saturday (circus DB and Hummer Tire DL) followed by the IPF Deadlift Championship. And yes, I took her out for several beers afterwards.