Andy, Barnie, Goober...say it ain't so!

Interesting thought:

The Line goes “But as for the the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.” (Genesis 2:17)

It appears that if Adam had never sinned, he never would have died. This would mean that God never intended his intelligent, self aware creation with free will to die. Ever.

Something to ponder…

Actually it was an Asian woman. And she was 116.

Ok… I think I have been reading these things too damn often, because I now feel the need to throw down my 2cents. I am an atheist. However, I see the need of people and of myself to connect to something larger than themselves to derive a sense of purpose. So… I look at my life as an event of enrichment and enlightenment. I forget who used a stone in a riverbed as a metaphor for our existence, but I think it applies very well. I just want to be one of the stones that helps change the course…

Nothing wrong with that philosophy at all, in my mind, q.

yeah quan2m…that idea of connecting to something larger than myself…and the whole idea of dying and mortality…its all what got me to research for myself and look at the facts…and disover that the Bible is historically true.

From Ecclesiastes 12
my comments in CAPS
(Search for “bible” and “online” to read the whole chapter.)

1 Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, 
    Before the difficult days come, 
    And the years draw near when you say, 
    "I have no pleasure in them": 
    2While the sun and the light, 
    The moon and the stars, 
    Are not darkened, 
    And the clouds do not return after the rain; 
    3In the day when the keepers of the house tremble, {HANDS SHAKE}
    And the strong men bow down; {hunched back}
    When the grinders cease because they are few, {TEETH FALL OUT}
    And those that look through the windows grow dim; {SIGHT FADES}
    4When the doors are shut in the streets, {HEARING LOSS OR CONSTIPATION SEE FALLOWING}
    And the sound of grinding is low; 
    When one rises up at the sound of a bird, 
    And all the daughters of music are brought low. {EVER NOTICE HOW OLDER PEOPLE CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING YOU SAY YET WILL AWAKE WITH THE SLIGHTEST NOISE(BIRD)!?} 
    5Also they are afraid of height, 
    And of terrors in the way; 
    When the almond tree blossoms, {ALMOND TREE = WHITE BLOSSOMS, THUS WHITE HAIR}
    The grasshopper is a burden, 
    And desire fails. {GRASSHOPPER FAILS = CAN'T GET PETER UP}
    For man goes to his eternal home, 
    And the mourners go about the streets.