Androstenedione Is Low

I have read that androstenedione is sold over the counter without a prescription. But I can’t find anywhere to buy it from!

My androstenedione is flagged LOW on repeated blood tests. Free testosterone and serum testosterone are also low, so I looked higher up the chain and found this problem.

DHEA,s and DHEA are flagged HIGH. So something is preventing 3B-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase from converting DHEA into androstenedione. Progesterone is actually high, so that kind of confirms the theory.

All other hormones are perfectly normal. Just that androstenedione (and then testosterone) are low.

So I have been taking zinc to support my 3B-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. I don’t know what would be inhibiting my 3BHSD.

I was once exposed to toxic mold and my levels of trichothecenes was elevated. Also I have hashimoto’s thyroiditis, which might be having a feedback on my HSD3B by means of crappy adrenals/thyroid stuff going on.

However, I have been supporting my adrenals with B5, B6, 2g vitmain C, etc. and my cortisol levels are perfect.

So whatever the reason, my androstenedione is low and I was hoping to replace that to get it just into normal range, and then see what happens with my testosterone.

SHBG, LH, FSH and everything else is smack dab in the middle of the reference ranges. Thyroid (TSH, FT3, FT4) are perfect, everything is perfect. Just this darn androstenedione and T.

Any ideas on where I could obtain andro (legally)? Will a small amount like 50mg blow my liver out? Or should I be focusing on 3BHSD?

Also may need Cholestyramine to get rid of toxic mold that is causing increased cytokines. See book Mold Warriors.

Thanks I will buy the book on mold.

I just found this disturbing info:

“Androstenedione is a natural steroid hormone that was available over the counter as a supplement up to March 2004. There are still at least three other hormones available over the counter including melatonin, DHEA, and pregnenolone. The FDA has banned the sale of androstenedione as an over the counter supplement so you cannot legally buy it.”

Now I wonder if I can even find a doctor who would be willing to look at my bloodwork and prescribe andro.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001V5YA9A/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851

THANKS KSman. Why the heck couldn’t I find this before, no idea. I just sent them an email asking if this the real thing or some kind of herb. Looks promising. Thanks again.

From what I have learned, the product above (3,6,17-androstenetrione) is not the same as androstenedione. Not sure what the 3,6,17 stands for. I think this is similar to 60x0 (intentional misspelling to keep the wrong people away). I don’t know if it will convert into andro or not (is it supposed to?), but indeed, andro IS a controlled substance :frowning: crap
But anyway, I’m going to try this stuff. It might help.

Not surprised, there is a huge amount of deception in such products, and many dangerous products that seem to be zeno-testosterone poisons for a few. We have had some guys who have been damaged from taking promones and other junk found on the internet. The more hype a product has, the more probable that it is bogus or dangerous.