Androstenediol immune supportive

I wasn’t really looking for this, but I came accross it
while doing research on another topic. I thought it might
be of interest to AD users.

This study indicates that AD may be immune-suuportive due to it's anti-glucocorticoid effect.

"J Neuroimmunol 1999 Aug 3;98(2):121-9

Androstenediol (AED) prevents neuroendocrine-mediated suppression of the immune response to an influenza viral infection.

Padgett DA, Sheridan JF

Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, College of Medicine and Public Health, Institute for Behavioral Medicine Research, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA.

The goal of these studies was to analyze the ability of androstenediol (AED) to counter-regulate the influences of stress on anti-viral immune responses. Male C57BL/6 mice, treated with 320 mg/kg AED were infected with influenza virus and subjected to repeated cycles of restraint (RST). AED blocked RST-mediated suppression of cell recruitment to the draining lymph node, lung NK cell activity, and CD4 + T cell activation. In addition, mice treated with AED had lower pre-corticosterone levels as compared to vehicle controls and the RST-mediated elevation of corticosterone was significantly blunted by AED treatment. These data suggest that AED functions to augment anti-viral immune responses by counter-regulating glucocorticoid function."

Which isomer was it? There is quite a bit of evidence that 5-androstenediol is immunosupportive. I expect that this study was on 5-AD not 4.

Im in agreement with Steve. Ive seen alot of similar literature with 5-androstenediol. I doubt the 4 was examined in this study. If it was, someone correct me.

Didn’t specify in the abstract. Sorry, don’t have the full
paper.