Androsol (4-androstenediol) half-life

Gurus,

Does anyone know what the half-life of Androsol (contains 4-androstenediol, technical name, 4-androstene-3,17-diol) is? I have seen information on the web stating that 4-androstene-3,17-diol can have a half life of up to 3 weeks!? That sounds a little out of whack. Then I read that it’s more like 12 hours. And since Biotest says that you should go 2 weeks on, 4 weeks off, it seems that at 4 weeks Androsol would be completely out of your system…

Just trying to get to the bottom of this one. Any info sources would be appreciated.

Thanks gang.

-tim

Hey Fellas,

I realize that 7 am isn’t the best time to post so I wanted to give this a bounce…

Thanks,
Tim

4-AD’s half-life is very short. I’m not going to pretend to know what it is, but it is much less than 12 hours. However, given that Androsol is transdermal, absorption is slowed to extend where 4-AD blood levels remain elevated for around 12 hours. This is not the same thing as a half-life. Understand the difference?

The reason for the 4 week wait is to allow for “recovery”. I would imagine 4-AD blood levels return to normal within a 24-48 hours after your last application.

Hey, thanks for the input. Yeah, that would make sense I would just love to get my hands on some hard documentation/reference material.