Androgel Update

[quote]hankr wrote:
Hi HH - Glad you found something that is working for you.

You may recall that I responded well to Androgel (last check I was at 892). Things were OK, but I was a horny dude. The wife is menopausal, so she really isn’t into fun and games right now, so I thought I would come off and “releive the pressure” so to speak. I am back on today.

I should have looked at all my old posts and reminded myself why I went on in the first place. Energy is down, can’t sleep, grouchy and putting weight back on. This after coming off for only one month.

I think that for some of us, this really is a lifetime deal. Also, I wonder how many guys mt age that feel like crap have low T and why it isn’t adressed more in the mainstream media.

Best of luck with the Testim.
[/quote]

A good portion of us feel like crap. I’m 35 and it’s amazing how much my t-levels changed from about 28 to now. Unfortunately, once they start going down, there’s not a whole lot you can do to get it back without some help. It’s a shame the only media Testim and the pump have gotten are from being “the clear” the baseball players were using.

[quote]kroc30 wrote:
sully’s wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Since I’m 6’6", 285, I probably would have killed him if I’d found him. (He was very disrespectful to my wife. I avoided him at that moment at my wife’s request. The hunting came later.) I truly felt the difference and am getting more bloodwork at the end of the month.

Seriously, don’t fuck around. Low T is worse than any anabolic 'roid rage IMO. At least when your T is higher, you feel good. I would be less likely to be violent on high T.

Damn, little guys like HH with Napolean complex.LOL

Low T for me was real ugly too. VERY irritable all of the time, all I wanted to do was sleep. I am now on cypioante 100mg per week and will be adding some arimidex to deal with some minor gyno. Minor gyno to me is like having small heart attack. Testim worked great for me too but my wife was literally repulsed by the smell. That makes “getting close” almost impossible…

Mine hates the smell too. Usually I put it on in the morning before I train and it’s gone by the time I’m back home and showered and ready for work. I may lose a little on the t levels, but the happy wife works for me!!!
[/quote]

Androgel has NO smell.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
BradleyGrunner wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I had one more month on an Androgel prescription (I had recently switched to Testim) so decided to switch for a month. It’s usually a good idea to vary your therapy. After about a week, I felt like absolute shit! No details, but was also lucky to avoid jail time for fighting.

I went back to Testim, and now am feeling much better and more clear-headed.

For me, Androgel is simply crap. Stick with Testim.
Why on earth would someone vary therapy?

Why does Cy Wilson tell us to take time off from supps every 12 weeks? Our bodies adapt quickly. By varying your supps, meds, workout routine, you probably will get better results over time.

My body may stop responding to Testim as well. Them, I’ll have to begin shots, pellet implants, whatever. That’s why you have to get periodic blood draws, to see if your meds are still doing the job.

[/quote]
With that line of thinking, how does a healthy male with normal testosterone levels vary his type of testosterone he is receiving from his testicles.

[quote]Guttus Gumptuous wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
BradleyGrunner wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I had one more month on an Androgel prescription (I had recently switched to Testim) so decided to switch for a month. It’s usually a good idea to vary your therapy. After about a week, I felt like absolute shit! No details, but was also lucky to avoid jail time for fighting.

I went back to Testim, and now am feeling much better and more clear-headed.

For me, Androgel is simply crap. Stick with Testim.
Why on earth would someone vary therapy?

Why does Cy Wilson tell us to take time off from supps every 12 weeks? Our bodies adapt quickly. By varying your supps, meds, workout routine, you probably will get better results over time.

My body may stop responding to Testim as well. Them, I’ll have to begin shots, pellet implants, whatever. That’s why you have to get periodic blood draws, to see if your meds are still doing the job.

With that line of thinking, how does a healthy male with normal testosterone levels vary his type of testosterone he is receiving from his testicles.

[/quote]

Your body always wants homeostasis. I think that supps like Alpha Male fool your body into believing that it is out of homeostasis and hence ‘the boys’ go to work.

That is just my opinion. I’m a hs science teacher, not a doc (thank God for that! Some are just whacked!! :slight_smile:

I was wondering how you are doing on the monthly shots? I am having the same problems with the gels first andro now testim.Do you feel much better with the shots?thanks

I went from trying both gels to weekly inj.of test and hcg,and feel far better than on the gels,if the gels don’t seem to work, go for the injs,they really don’t hurt,and they work much faster than the gels.If you have any other questions just ask.

My doc doesn’t seem to get it. I get a shot every 3 weeks of Cyp, which has a half-life of 8 days. So, by the final week I have less than 75 mg in me. The final week especially is bad. Lately, I’ve resumed putting Testim on during that week.

I’m going to get a nurse to teach me how to self-inject, then work through Oasis Longevity.

HH

1 Like

I just took my 9th weekly shot of 100 mg test cypionate and I feel wayyyyy better than I ever did on gels. Not to mention the convenience of a 5 minute weekly shot which is almost completely pain free vs. rubbing in the gel every morning.

Can anyone comment on the dosages of the test-cyp.

I know that typically for the gels, the dosages are 5ng/dl 7.5 and 10.

Besides the weekly shot of the 100mg test cypionate what other dosages are typically recommended.

Any response wil be great and DONT GIVE UP HOPE MEN, WE WILL CONQUER THIS SON OF A BITCH LOW-T TOOB STEAK BOOGIE BULLSHIT.

-N

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:

Besides the weekly shot of the 100mg test cypionate what other dosages are typically recommended.

Any response wil be great and DONT GIVE UP HOPE MEN, WE WILL CONQUER THIS SON OF A BITCH LOW-T TOOB STEAK BOOGIE BULLSHIT.

-N[/quote]
With cypionate and enanthate the doseages may very from 100-400mg per week. You will find the higher end doseages most commonly from “Life-Extension” doctors. I am on 200mg/week cypionate with arimdex added for gyno problems.

-N[/quote]

Typically, its 100 mgs/week. To save money and time, most docs give you a higher dose at greater intervals (I’m on 300 mg every 3 weeks). That’s why self-injection is the best route to take.

I’m still amazed at how painless the shot is! I mean, the damn thing is 1.5 inches long and a 21 gauge. Maybe the nurse who pokes me knows what she’s doing. But the receptionist there had to have Hep B injections and she said that this nurse is brutal! (Maybe the nurse loves me :slight_smile:

HH

I’ve seen numbers as low as 60 mg for test cyp and as high as 200 mg per week.

the general target is approximately 500 ng/dl on the day prior to your next shot is where the endo wants you to be. Which is great! As you are in fact much higher than 500 ng/dl most of the time which is probably also much higher than you could get on the gels.

I do notice a bit of a slowdown the day before my next shot so my preference is to be above 500 ng/dl. My levels seem to come back up very quickly after the injection.

Can anyone give a comparison as to how they feel (libido/energy/mood) while using a gel and while using the test-cyp.

Thanks.

I’ll try.

On 10 grams/daily of Testim I felt “good” in that my chronic fatigue was gone, my mood was improved, my appetite was up a bit, I recovered from training better and my libido was outrageously high. I do not know what my T-level was when I terminated testim due to skin reactions.

On 100 milligrams/weekly of T-cyp, everything is much improved over the Testim except for the libido which is lower and I’d say it’s more normal. I suspect the Testim was converting to DHT more than the T-cyp as I also had some pronounced acne, especially where I was rubbing it on my arms and shoulders, in addition to the higher libido.

With Testim my hard workouts would result in me feeling like I could train again with only a single day off. With T-cyp I feel like I could train the next day. Recovery is definitely improved. With no HRT, I was only able to train every 3rd day and I was not always able to feel like I was ready to train again.

Can anyone give a comparison as to how they feel (libido/energy/mood) while using a gel and while using the test-cyp.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Thats discouraging only because Testim and Androgel have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for my libido. I fear test-cyp will adequately raise my T-levels but my libido will still be shot. No libido in 2 years generally makes life not worth living.

Does anyone know/heard of any type of eastern medicine practices for a shot libido (that looks like its not coming back any time soon)? Thanks…

Man after all this talk about Doc’s I am so glad I have one of the leading Urologists in the country out of Carson city nevada…
The guy got me back to normal in no time flat, and was open to questions and suggestions… great guy…

I just saw my hormone doc on fri. my new numbers after being on 100mg test cyp.,total T 700, free T 220.3( top of range is 155) so they want me to try 50mg weekly and see how it feels,i am also on 100 mg.HCG weekly. Any way while on the gels i had no libido increase,and still had ED. while on the injs damn i’m horney as hell and absolutly no ED.After not having morning wood for a long time man is it a great morning wake up!So for me i would not trade the injs for anything!!!

Thats discouraging only because Testim and Androgel have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for my libido. I fear test-cyp will adequately raise my T-levels but my libido will still be shot. No libido in 2 years generally makes life not worth living.

Does anyone know/heard of any type of eastern medicine practices for a shot libido (that looks like its not coming back any time soon)? Thanks…[/quote]

Have you tried Tongkat Ali?

What I’ve determined from reading these threads over the past year is that we are all so different: what’s paradise for one guy is Rosie O’Donnell naked for another! :slight_smile:

Try different therapies until your bloodwork, mood, libido, all come up to desireable.

HH

AAAAIIIYEEEEEE!!!

I’m blind! I’ve gone blind!

Thanks a lot for that mental image HH!

[quote]paradise for one guy is Rosie O’Donnell naked :slight_smile:

HH[/quote]