T Nation

Androgel Turning Me Into a Monkey...NORMAL?!

Been on androgel for 3 months now.

I was already loosing my hair, and was mostly a comb over (I’m 33).

On 3 months in Androgel, the rest of the hair on my head melted off, and I’ve grown a pelt of body hair across my ENTIRE body pretty much aside from my palms and forehead.

Everywhere I put the androgel, massive amounts of hair starts to grow. So I moved to a new spot every time one spot was too hairy … and now my whole freaking body … fuck man. Fuck man, this stuff turned me into a bald, hairy animal.

And, my sex drive is fucking insane. I NEED to release multiple times a day.

Doc said this is normal … feels crazy … I feel a little crazy …

Is this normal?

That was pretty funny. Well now that its gone, not much you can do right? Gels I think cause a higher DHT conversion than shots. Meaning more hair loss. Don’t complain about the latter. haha

I do injections and the body hair thing is the same. At least for me. I have hair growing everywhere now, except my head. I lost that hair in my 20’s.

We do see some odd thing happening, its not the drugs, its your genetic variations.

You should stop transdermal T and start self-injecting.

TRT:

• self-inject 50mg T cyp/eth SC/SQ, not IM, twice a week with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes
  • 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections
  • 250iu hCG SC/SQ EOD with same but different syringe or #31 5/16" 0.3-0.5ml

Injected T is 100% absorbed and least cost. Transdermal T is 10% absorbed at best. SC/SQ injected T has least T–>E2 potential and transdermal the highest. As you grow new hair, most of the T probably lost in the hair.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

I’ve always wondered KSman. Why are you so knowledgeable? What sort of background do you have?

Mechanical Engineer, M.A.Sc retired.
List of things I did is too long.

I read too much and started my TRT journey 11 years ago. When I found a doc, and found a good one, he said I knew more than most doctors. So that is where I was 11 years ago. I got more and more into helping guys here and researching their other health issues along the way.

I always had a strong interest in some aspects of biology related topics and functional nutrition and medicine. I have hormone issues; don’t we all, but i do not struggle with illness or drugs for such things. So I am not an expert driven by bad health.

I am considering writing a book as a lasting legacy, because I can’t do this on-line work forever. I may be getting past by best before date now.

Would be great to great an e-book with live links to more info on a dedicated web-site so the knowledge base would be alive and not fixed/fossilized. I am sort of frozen now because I don’t know what authoring SW to use. With the time and effort I have made on this site, I could have nailed a book by now. But the delay brings more knowledge and understanding.

I also received advice years ago in a very large Corp, where probably no one else paid attention, “Write something everyday” [as a means of self development]. So looking at my self and what I do here… I have basically zero interest in Facebook, I do not have a personal need or attraction for anything like that. Sometimes someone, like you just did, asks about me and I crawl out of my analytic shell.