T Nation

Androgel to Test Cyp Blood Work Whacky

Been reading here for a short time and learned a lot, however todays results were terrible.

so started TRT in October 2015 I was 34 at the time on androgel 3 pumps everyday well I have kids and have concerns of transfer or them finding the pump and getting into it, and I had a hard time during busy mornings of remembering to put it on so my levels were all over the place, and felt like crap most of the time.

so 6 weeks ago during my 6 month check up I asked the dr to switch to injections he prescribed test cyp 100mg/ml 1ml every two weeks, I knew after the first shot during week 2 levels were back low based on how I felt, week 1 superman, week 2 80 year old man with depression and anxiety. the 2nd shot I did as prescribed and got the same results, 3rd shot I spit .5ml/week felt good compared to normally how I feel those two weeks then because of the blood work skipped a week to be on what dr prescribed got results back today and its like I’m not even on trt with results. Today we switched to .5ml 100mg/ml test cyp every 7 days and bloods in 6 weeks again

I will post below all bloods I have had done since the start of my journey. I did ask for estridol sensitive assay this time those results are at the bottom

I am looking for any input on what I should bring up to the dr at our next discussion

Posted going from oldest to most recent tests

Your doctor is a moron and obviously has no experience with TRT, 50mg once a week is laughable! It’s time to find a doctor that has the skill set to properly administer TRT, most endocrinologist (HMO’s) have no idea what they’re doing. It’s like having a job on the side, TRT is still in its infancy and this is why a lot of endocrinologist fail their patients. Endocrinology seemed to be the only field of medicine where doctors don’t pay any attention to a medicines half life, testosterone cypionate has a half-life of 5 to 8 days and you wonder why on the second week you felt so horrible. 100mg seems to be the norm when starting TRT from a doctor that really understand TRT with injection no further apart than every 7 days, twice a week prefered. I see posts like yours everyday, you’re here because you’re not getting proper treatment from your doctor’s. It’s why I found this excellent forum, everything I have learned in the last couple of months I could probably school most endocrinologist and make their head hurt!

thanks for reply, Yes i am finding that out about my dr when i talked to
him about estridol he said if its off i have to see a endo because he dont
know how treat it. He is open to changes in my dosing of T so we will where
this leads us. I am currently looking for endo around me

What kind of doctor are you seeing? I’d scrap the current guy you’re seeing and avoid an endo if at all possible. A lot of us on here have had bad experiences with them also not knowing anything about testosterone treatments. If it’s not obvious diabetes or thyroid issues I haven’t seen them offer any good advice.

I’d check the stickies and look for a doc in your area that specializes in low testosterone (some urologists are pretty good with it - better than endos). A doctor that says he doesn’t know anything about estradiol and how to treat it and refers you to an endocrinologist is probably not going to help you out in the long run - it sounds like the standard laziness I see from most doctors (he could of called a colleague and asked or just googled it - it’s very straight forward with TRT).

thanks for the reply, i will check the forums for a dr. This is currently
my General Practioner

I’ve heard of guys waiting several months to see an endo only to realise they suffered needlessly while waiting for the appointment because the doctor doesn’t really understand how to administer TRT. The only doctors that seem to know what they’re doing are private practices who don’t accept insurance, HMO doctors seem to be living under a rock! I’ve had two endos that really don’t understand everything regarding TRT, my second doctor is much better than the first but still struggles a little with the understanding I would need to stop TRT completely if I was having trouble getting the wife pregnant. She doesn’t know what HCG is and she’s an endocrinologist and doesn’t bother to check estrogen. I’m lucky I haven’t presented any symptoms otherwise I would be signing up with Defy immediately!

my current doc seems open to things about dose and frequency as we talked
yesterday. today i am finding that no one in my immediate area really know,
my current doc is the one that suggested trt which surprised me i didnt
even think about it, he will run the e2 test at least he will do that so i
can monitor it while i search for someone that knows what there talking
about

Where are you located?

Many cannot absorb T gels and often the cause of that is thyroid. Please post oral body temps as per below as that evals thyroid status very well. Many TRT guys have suboptimal thyroid function, and stupid thyroid labs ranges will make you “normal”.

Anastrozole needed to manage T–>E2 in almost all cases.
hCG used to preserver fertility and testes.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Central illinois, im about an hour and a half from st louis might start
looking over there or 2 hrs from indianapolis those places would be my best
bet

as for temps it was 98.6 the day of my readings at 2pm i just read the sticky and will post temps when i take them

and thanks for your reply