T Nation

Androgel Not Working?

I’ve been on TRT for about 1 year now. Androgel 5gm daily. When I started it worked well for me and to date I havent had any complaints. I just got the results back from my most recent follow up / blood work. Lipids, liver all look great. My T sucked though! total was 39ng/dl (i dont recall exactly what free was i think .075%)

My previous blood draw total was over 1200 and free was slightly above range too. The doc wants to up the dosage to 7.5gm daily, no big deal to me, but I’m curious what could cause such a drop? Other than the test results I feel just fine (libido, energy, ect.).

Stats -
Male
Age 31
5’10", 215lbs, ~15% bf
regular intense training

Additional Note:
I did finish a 10 week cycle of test c 500mg weekly in september then 2 weeks off completely then back on the gel as prescribed.

[quote]DrakeKiller wrote:
My T sucked though! total was 39ng/dl (i dont recall exactly what free was i think .075%)

Other than the test results I feel just fine (libido, energy, ect.).

Stats -
Male
Age 31
5’10", 215lbs, ~15% bf
regular intense training

[/quote]

Your total T was 39 and your libido, energy, etc., was fine? Really? Is this a typo?

Let’s not lose sight of the forest. You’re on TRT to feel better, not to change the numbers on a blood test, so how you feel is always the real test, not some numbers on a piece of paper. Shit happens; one anomaly test is meaningless.

This makes no sense to me at all. Why go off completely for two weeks? It’s not like you’re trying to restart your natural T production. If this roller coaster ride didn’t cause any changes in how you feel, then you must be bullet proof. Why did you start TRT in the first place? Did you have any symptoms?

you read it right, 39 and yes feeling ok.

I totally agree with you RP, it is just one test and mostly likely a lab goof up. But if it were accurate (if thats even possible) I was curious about how the numbers could get that way, I’m not in a pinch or anything just want to be enlightened.

It is not unusual for this to happen for some. Their skin changes. Could be a lab goof, but perhaps not.

TT=39ng/dl sounds almost impossible.