Androgel/Cycle

I’m a newbie to tnation and I hope I’m in the right spot to ask. I am 40 and I have been working out for 15 years. I’m 5’6 174lbs and have been on androgel for 7 months. I go to doc every 3 months and get bloodwork- I normally have a tlevel of around 350.

I haven’t done a cycle in 11 years, and just had a friend stop by with (1)deca (1)Boldenone undecylenate.I have read on here about the mixed reviews regarding running both of them with or without test. I had planned on doing 10 weeks with 300mg of deca and 250 mg of boldenone once a week.

I know running test with it would improve my results, but again I have bloodwork every 3 months, and wondered how 250 mg test a week would look on bloodwork. The only option I thought might work was to begin cycle the day after they take my blood,( run cycle 10 weeks)use no androgel , and really that’s what I’m asking- what would levels look like after 250mg test a week-or if I just take the deca and boldenone and don’t take test - I imagine my levels wouldn’t be whacked- I welcome y’all’s advice.

Your levels would be very high. 250mg of Test is going to throw you pretty high up on the scale. Then you add 300mg of Deca it will be sky high. Also problem with deca is it can keep levels elevated for quite a while after after use. 3 months is not enough to run a cycle and have your levels return to normal with the drugs your running. If being caught by your doc is a huge issue I strongly suggest dropping the Deca. And switching to a very fast ester Such as prop or even Suspension I would reccomend for 8 weeks. That would give a full month for levels to return to normal but, even then could be high but you would probably be ok.

Ok thanks. It’s really not the news I wanted,but I did want the truth. Would levels be less high with deca and eq alone?

I think based on your answers I will leave the deca out. I am going to roll the dice and just do the test 250 a week and the eq once a week. If I get too much grief from doctor, there are plenty others that can prescribe androgel.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Your levels would be very high. 250mg of Test is going to throw you pretty high up on the scale. Then you add 300mg of Deca it will be sky high. Also problem with deca is it can keep levels elevated for quite a while after after use. 3 months is not enough to run a cycle and have your levels return to normal with the drugs your running. If being caught by your doc is a huge issue I strongly suggest dropping the Deca. And switching to a very fast ester Such as prop or even Suspension I would reccomend for 8 weeks. That would give a full month for levels to return to normal but, even then could be high but you would probably be ok.[/quote]

Deca-durabolin is not testosterone and will not bind in a testosterone RIA to contribute to the testosterone count. The test is very specific and doesn’t even measure epitestosterone, which is an epimer of testosterone.

I’m reading where some people prefer a shorter cycle and I know eq takes a while. I only have 1 test and 1 eq. Would it be okay to do 1c and a half of each of those for 8 weeks, or 1 c a week for 10 weeks?

Last question on this - should I do 1c and a half of each for 8 weeks, or 1 c a week for 10 weeks?

Youre asking all the wrong question. The real question is why your test levels are only at 350 while on TRT, and why you and your doctor are ok with this?

[quote]Daedalus wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:
Your levels would be very high. 250mg of Test is going to throw you pretty high up on the scale. Then you add 300mg of Deca it will be sky high. Also problem with deca is it can keep levels elevated for quite a while after after use. 3 months is not enough to run a cycle and have your levels return to normal with the drugs your running. If being caught by your doc is a huge issue I strongly suggest dropping the Deca. And switching to a very fast ester Such as prop or even Suspension I would reccomend for 8 weeks. That would give a full month for levels to return to normal but, even then could be high but you would probably be ok.[/quote]

Deca-durabolin is not testosterone and will not bind in a testosterone RIA to contribute to the testosterone count. The test is very specific and doesn’t even measure epitestosterone, which is an epimer of testosterone.[/quote]

Oh apparently some how I have missed that about deca. I am currently running Deca and some how missed that in all the reading. Either way I apologize for giving shitty information out just then. Thanks for correcting me.

Vtballa34 you bring up a great point as I just pointed out to my wife. I am going to do the test/eq with no androgel. Then I will have clomid and androgel for pct.
I think I will find another doctor in Memphis that can help more than just prescribing androgel. I would like to find a doctor that will allow me to administer the test myself, just because I can’t afford to pay$25 once a week at all these ageless men places.

Check out the Testosterone Replacement subforum of this site. I’m not too active in there anymore, but there are many knowledgeable guys there. The low T even while on androgel is a pretty common theme, mostly indicative of malabsorption, which can be related to thyroid disorders.

As VT said, check the T replacement forum for help with your trt. As for what you are proposing cycle wise… dont bother until you have taken some time to learn a little about cycling, and decide what you personally want to do beyond just a what a friend gives you. You dont have enough gear anyways, and may decide to choose different substances once you have more knowledge on the subject. If you are on TRT and want to blast and cruise, then make it worthwhile by planning and carrying out a solid cycle.

Thanks so much guys. Just talked to doc who agrees androgel for life isn’t how I wanna live. They will see me when I’m ready.
I do think that the little gear I got is better than nothin’, and will be fine with it Now. I won’t be looking for 10 pounds When it’s done.

[quote]Cpotter wrote:
I won’t be looking for 10 pounds When it’s done.[/quote]

Not to be a dick…but that statement makes me say, why fucking bother with AAS…you could do that with regular supplements, and increased clean calories. Hard gainer and ectomorph usually applies to those who do not eat enough, and eat enough of the proper foods, and are not yet truly advanced physique wise. Sort out your trt stuff first. Why would you mess with your levels, and use deca of all things, when trying to figure out a new treatment option, or how to live without needing the treatment…makes zero sense IMO, but it is your choice.

Juiced 20- I do appreciate your opinion. Yes deca was the talk at the beginning of the post, but test/eq is what I have decided. Doctor I spoke with uses arimedex with weekly shots . IMO that’s light years ahead of where I am with androgel.

[quote]Cpotter wrote:
Juiced 20- I do appreciate your opinion. Yes deca was the talk at the beginning of the post, but test/eq is what I have decided. Doctor I spoke with uses arimedex with weekly shots . IMO that’s light years ahead of where I am with androgel.[/quote]

yes it is. androgel smandrogel…poop stuff compared to shots.

Androgel is from the galaxy of camel dick, it sucks. The only reason to go with it is if your doc is conservative and wants to try it first. I get far more sides from gels than shots. I wised up and just didn’t apply the gel after a while and had the case for going with shots. The doc just wanted a case in the event he was reviewed by the medical board so he could say gels were tried. Now I use “supplements” along with the doc prescribed treatment. I have a case for enhanced TRT in the event I ever get busted, won’t get me off but helps for mitigation. If you play with the devil, better know his rules.

Spend some more time learning about proper cycling and you will greatly benefit.

Juice20 I think some people don’t understand being a ectomorph body type unless you are one. Before TRT my TT was 525. Trained hard since college and gained very little mass. Clean diet and gained a ton of strength but not much mass. I went on TRT and changed nothing else. I gained 30 pounds. TT 950. A little T went a long way. Before I could eat a horse every day and not gain a pound.

Another issue is with testing. Personally I think blood labs are useless. An am blood lab would always show me mid range. A 24 hour urine panel would show my T at the bottom of the range. The mid range T was transient in the am and my production was low for the rest of the day. I had something similar happen on kidney function labs. Blood labs “estimated” I was in stage three kidney failure. A renogram showed I actually had better kidney function than 90% of people in my age range. Blood labs are a transient snap shot and that’s it. I think blood labs are fine while you are on stable TRT but they aren’t great for gauging your natural T level since it fluctuates so much during the day.