T Nation

Androgel and PCT

I currently run Androgel at 7.5g per day to keep my test levels in normal range -without it my test is around 280. Last week I started a generic superdrol cycle which will run at 30/30/30/40/40.

My question is what have any of you ran for PCT if you already have Androgel to keep your test normal? I know there are a lot of other things going on that need PCT aside from getting test levels back to normal so I want to run something effective where I am not spending a lot of extra cash on things like tribulus to get my test levels back up since they are permanently supressed anyways.

What have any of you guys ran for PCT, or what would be the best recommendations?

Bump -

I just finished week 2 of 30mg per day of generic superdrol. I’m going to cut this cycle at the end of week 3 instead of doing the 5 week plan I have above. It was much stronger than I expected it to be so I am actually quite surprised. I have bloated up way too much though and I thought this didn’t convert to estrogen so I’m not sure why I’m holding so much extra weight. I gained 14 pounds the first week so I actually wasn’t happy with that at all because i thought the gains were supposed to be “dry and lean” with a diuretic effect. Could have been a fluke so I’ll be checking weight again on Monday to see what I have gained as of end week 2.

I’m looking at a few different products for PCT. Haven’t decided which yet but I have another week to decide.

I’ve been using my Androgel at 7.5mg daily and will continue to do so indefintly. I had bloodwork taken the week before I started this cycle to see where 7.5mg put my test levels. They were 284 pre Androgel.

Bump -

[quote]john316 wrote:
I currently run Androgel at 7.5g per day to keep my test levels in normal range -without it my test is around 280. Last week I started a generic superdrol cycle which will run at 30/30/30/40/40.

My question is what have any of you ran for PCT if you already have Androgel to keep your test normal? I know there are a lot of other things going on that need PCT aside from getting test levels back to normal so I want to run something effective where I am not spending a lot of extra cash on things like tribulus to get my test levels back up since they are permanently supressed anyways.

What have any of you guys ran for PCT, or what would be the best recommendations?[/quote]

Since the gel is applied forever (unless you switch therapies) you’d never do a PCT for Androgel. You never go off.

If you mean you want to prevent aromatisation, then you have to convince your doctor to give you a low-dose of Nolva or Arimedex — good luck with that one!

You can try the new anti-e Biotest puts out, see how that goes. Just don’t expect a drug like effect. Also, take some TRIBEX or AM; help stimulate the boys to not go on permanent vacation.

HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Since the gel is applied forever (unless you switch therapies) you’d never do a PCT for Androgel. You never go off.

If you mean you want to prevent aromatisation, then you have to convince your doctor to give you a low-dose of Nolva or Arimedex — good luck with that one!

You can try the new anti-e Biotest puts out, see how that goes. Just don’t expect a drug like effect. Also, take some TRIBEX or AM; help stimulate the boys to not go on permanent vacation.

HH

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. However I meant PCT for the superdrol I started taking for 3 weeks while on my normal Androgel. So I don’t really need anything to get my test back to normal because I’ll be on HRT forever. I am looking for something to make sure my system returns to normal as soon as possible in regards to excess estrogen, lipid profiles, cortisol, etc. It probably won’t be too big a deal though since I’m only running the superdrol for 3 weeks total.

Does anyone use any products that free up more test while on Androgel. I saw a supplement called ActiveTe by Designer Supps that is ‘supposed’ to do this.

[quote]john316 wrote:
I saw a supplement called ActiveTe by Designer Supps that is ‘supposed’ to do this.

[/quote]

I am always suspicious of stuff like this. Only one real way to see if it works. Feel like being a guinea pig? You have to have your blood drawn and have a doctor order a

  1. Total testosterone
  2. Free testosterone
  3. Weakly bound testosterone.
  4. I would add the SHBG and Estrogen

If the stuff works your FREE testosterone, which is the form that is biologically active, will go up. That is the only REAL way to tell.

What’s up HeadHunter, I have a few ?s for you that are kind of rambling in nature. I’d appreciate your patience in reading through it - heck, the school year IS over, right?!

I would start a thread on the board, but since this is only Day 1 I’ll hold off a bit longer before I post.

A little background:

Like you, I’m a teacher. Like you, I’m a big guy.

What’s been happening the last 2 years or so is that my energy levels have been dipping more and more. I find myself needing more and more coffee to get through the day, to the point where I actually started brewing coffee at work, b/c if I didn’t get coffee in me at 10 am I wouldn’t get any work done during my 2 hour pause (we’re on block schedule) and if I didn’t get coffee in me at 11:45 am, I couldn’t make it til the bell @ 2:35. I teach junior high.

A few years ago, I didn’t even drink coffee on a regular basis. Now, in only a few years I went from no coffee to only once in a while to 2x a week to 4x a week to every day to 2-3x a day!

Many Fri and Sat nights I wouldn’t go out b/c I was just 2 damn tired and unmotivated.

I’d lose weight and as soon as I slacked, the weight jumped back on. I started lifting again on a regular basis 2x in the last 2 years and both times, the only improvement I saw was in my tris. WTF?

I started tearing up more: at a sad song, at a sad memory, during a movie…

I delayed decision after decision, I was racked by anxiety and self-doubt.

I have also been depressed on and off for years, and have felt my social skills start to decline on and off.

I wasn’t bursting with confidence and energy and that made me more socially anxious.

Oh, and I haven’t had much sex the last few years, and when I did little jimmy often disappointed :frowning:

So finally, I was tested 10 days ago and my doctor determined I had low T and prescribed Androgel. I don’t remember the exact amount, but it was in the low 300s - I’m 33 btw.

So today was my first application of Androgel, 5 g packet. It absorbed really quickly and was not messy at all.

I decided to search for Androgel here on T-Nation, and now I’m more and more confused.

I plan on writing down some questions for my doc and for my trainer (who’s been a competitive bber for years and has significant experience with pharmaceuticals both for himself a/w/a for his clients- he specializes now in coaching bbers and contest prep).

But for now, I have some ?s for you:

Are you sure about your comment that “thick skin” prevented Androgel from being absorbed properly. What does thick skin mean? Your skin is actually thicker? Or does it have to do with how much fat and muscle are on your arms?

Next, why should we only apply it to arms and chest? Is it b/c the veins are closer to the surface?

How do I know whether my skin is thick?

I may not need ongoing therapy: what do I need to do to come off? I’m sure my doc and trainer will know, but I’d like your opinion as well.

I just had gyno surgery- do I have to worry about gyno from this?

Should I ask my doc for Novadex or Clomid? Pick up REZ-V? Or another anti-estrogen that’s non-scrip? For example,
Gaspari’s product has a good rep.

One last thing: I’d try Biotest’s Alpha Male stacked with REZ-V but the Alpha Male alone would run $90/month!
and…
For now, my insurance is covering Androgel with only a $1 copay!

So as you can see, it’d be foolish of me to try a Biotest stack for approx. $130 a month when i have the real deal for only $1…

Thanks for any advice, thoguhts, etc