Andre the Giant - 2000lb Deadlift

And why couldn’t he deadlift more weight than those smaller than him? What sort of bullshit are you on.

Bigger guys have more mass to pack in over a larger area. You train to get the bar off the ground and mobility you’ll move it regardless.

A lot of theory and jealousy over a guy who could wreck shit without even trying.

7’4"? The dude would make bouncers shit themselves and women get wet knickers.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
And why couldn’t he deadlift more weight than those smaller than him? What sort of bullshit are you on.

Bigger guys have more mass to pack in over a larger area. You train to get the bar off the ground and mobility you’ll move it regardless.

A lot of theory and jealousy over a guy who could wreck shit without even trying.

7’4"? The dude would make bouncers shit themselves and women get wet knickers.[/quote]

as with seemingly every post you make regardless of the thread you have shown yourself to be a completely ignorant idiot who has no clue what he is talking about.

well done.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]SuperAlienFreak wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Lol can you tell me when you became an expert on strength training and physiological changes in people over 7 foot? twat.
[/quote]

it’s called having common sense.

thanks for the insult.
[/quote]

Shit, I didn’t realise common sense defined the physical limitations of humans.[/quote]

If you think a 7 foot 4 man has the mobility to squat and deadlift world record amounts of weight then you are an ignorant moron.[/quote]

Lol, well he had the mobility to wrestle. It’s people like you that have sat here for he past couple hundred years spouting crap that “no one is capable of” while there’s people out there breaking records. At one point people said no one could do a sub 4 minute mile, now alot of people have done it. I’m sure there’s a million other examples. But I can no longer be bothered to argue with a guy who’s username is “yolo”, really, that says it all.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Lol can you tell me when you became an expert on strength training and physiological changes in people over 7 foot? twat.
[/quote]

thanks for the insult.
[/quote]

Shit, I didn’t realise common sense defined the physical limitations of humans.[/quote]

If you think a 7 foot 4 man has the mobility to squat and deadlift world record amounts of weight then you are an ignorant moron.[/quote]

Lol, well he had the mobility to wrestle. It’s people like you that have sat here for he past couple hundred years spouting crap that “no one is capable of” while there’s people out there breaking records. At one point people said no one could do a sub 4 minute mile, now alot of people have done it. I’m sure there’s a million other examples. But I can no longer be bothered to argue with a guy who’s username is “yolo”, really, that says it all.[/quote]

honestly wtf are you talking about???

i was about to write out an explanation of how stupid you are but what is the point. you have literally no clue.

how ironic you make fun of my username when yours is SuperAlienFreak you fucking retard.

your attempt to compare this to someone running a 4 minute mile says it all.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[/quote]

thanks for the insult.
[/quote]

Lol, well he had the mobility to wrestle. It’s people like you that have sat here for he past couple hundred years spouting crap that “no one is capable of” while there’s people out there breaking records. At one point people said no one could do a sub 4 minute mile, now alot of people have done it. I’m sure there’s a million other examples. But I can no longer be bothered to argue with a guy who’s username is “yolo”, really, that says it all.[/quote]
Could you be bothered to argue with me? Because he’s right. No one is going to be deadlifting 2000lbs, and no one 7’4" is going to be pulling a grand. Least of all someone like Andre who had gigantism and acromegaly. Some of the symptoms of acromegaly include muscle weakness, muscle and joint pain, and fatigue. Gigantism also produces weak and malformed bones. He was forced into early retirement from wrestling, because he was basically too weak to even lift himself into the ring.

For people who don’t have gigantism and are 7’4", all of them are fucking skinny. They would need to be literally 500lbs to have their frame filled out appropriately with muscle, and even then, the range of motion on deadlift would be insane for them.

Have you ever done a deadlift friend?

The Ultimate Warrior was able to body-slam Andre because of his Sampson-like strength that came from his hair - duh.

Andre was a freak of nature. I read on Wikipedia that Hulk Hogan tore a Lat body-slamming Andre. I thought that he used to do feats of Strength on ABC’s Wide World of Sports until he hurt his back doing a heavy pull.

When someone is of that level, it’s hard to tell what he could and couldn’t do. From the picture of him, Arnold, and Will Chamberlain, it looks like Andre could have swallowed Arnold whole.

[quote]roybot wrote:
To scale.[/quote]

Andre wasnt 7’4. At best…7’. Anyway, to say someone like Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabar or other slim, lean, tall, “normal” person could potentially squat or deadlift over 1000 lbs … well, Id agree odds are low.

But…Andre wasn’t normal. Of course, he had a condition. Dude was big and super strong. Theres the picture of him holding up 5 women. Thats easily 500lbs. Id say he’d have no problem supporting over 1000lbs with his body. With proper training, I’d suspect he could move that weight. It’s not rocket science to say that’s a possiblility.

If men of smaller stature with “similar” proportions in stature could squat over 1000…then why not Andre?

Andre was my favorite growing up, and even as a kid I was suspicious at his strength feats because he just did not look healthy or comfortable at all in the ring. Loved who he was though, really made my childhood. Oh well, maybe some day I will dadleft 2000lbs ; -D.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[/quote]

thanks for the insult.
[/quote]

Could you be bothered to argue with me? Because he’s right. No one is going to be deadlifting 2000lbs, and no one 7’4" is going to be pulling a grand. Least of all someone like Andre who had gigantism and acromegaly. Some of the symptoms of acromegaly include muscle weakness, muscle and joint pain, and fatigue. Gigantism also produces weak and malformed bones. He was forced into early retirement from wrestling, because he was basically too weak to even lift himself into the ring.

For people who don’t have gigantism and are 7’4", all of them are fucking skinny. They would need to be literally 500lbs to have their frame filled out appropriately with muscle, and even then, the range of motion on deadlift would be insane for them.

Have you ever done a deadlift friend?[/quote]

I knew of the pain symptoms, but I didnt know of the muscle weakness and fatigue. Of course, its obvious he wasnt going to live long with a body like that.

I still suspect he was super strong and probably had major potential at his “peak”.

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
To scale.[/quote]

Andre wasnt 7’4. At best…7’. Anyway, to say someone like Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabar or other slim, lean, tall, “normal” person could potentially squat or deadlift over 1000 lbs … well, Id agree odds are low.

But…Andre wasn’t normal. Of course, he had a condition. Dude was big and super strong. Theres the picture of him holding up 5 women. Thats easily 500lbs. Id say he’d have no problem supporting over 1000lbs with his body. With proper training, I’d suspect he could move that weight. It’s not rocket science to say that’s a possiblility.

If men of smaller stature with “similar” proportions in stature could squat over 1000…then why not Andre?

[/quote]
For one see my post above.

For another thing, he didn’t do it and he’s dead now, so it’s a bit moot. If you want to say hypothetically could he have pulled 1000 or something if he had used proper training his whole life, I still say not a snowball’s chance in hell. Not to mention he was lightyears away from moving anything close to that kind of weight. Someone who has actually pulled 800+ would be pissing themselves with laughter reading this.

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
To scale.[/quote]

[/quote]

seriously do you even lift.

you’ve gone from saying you dispute none of his strength claims while disputing his height (which is easier to verify??? lol)

to then saying he can hold up 500lbs to then DOUBLING that with zero justificafion

to then saying he could therefore squat it if he could hold it (which you made up out of thin air)

to saying “its not rocket science”

why not say he was taller and stronger than lebron therefore if he was bothered he could have played nba and dominated lebron

after all its not rocket science

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
To scale.[/quote]

[/quote]

you’ve gone from saying you dispute none of his strength claims while disputing his height (which is easier to verify??? lol)

to then saying he can hold up 500lbs to then DOUBLING that with zero justificafion

to then saying he could therefore squat it if he could hold it (which you made up out of thin air)

why not say he was taller and stronger than lebron therefore if he was bothered he could have played nba and dominated lebron

after all its not rocket science[/quote]

Wow. Youre pretty decent at misreading. Or maybe I have to be extra descriptive in my writing, perhaps.

You’d rather me set this up Scientific Model style in GAL??

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
To scale.[/quote]

[/quote]

after all its not rocket science[/quote]

Wow. Youre pretty decent at misreading. Or maybe I have to be extra descriptive in my writing, perhaps.

You’d rather me set this up Scientific Model style in GAL??[/quote]

you don’t think it is quite a leap of faith to say

1. he can hold 500lbs
  2. therefore he can hold double that
  3. if he can hold it, he can squat it

at least your trolling is light hearted, so no problem.

Put all my posts together…

But…I’ve seen lesser men, much less than half his size… that were non-lifters as you might call them… “support” 1000lbs. Plenty of guys Deadlifting in the 700s, Ricky D Crain wasnt too big (170s I think). So…with proper training… I’d say it would be possible for Andre to move some massive weight.

However… he got paid to wrestle, not risk damage and injury trying to be the strongest man.

For what its worth:
Ken Patera is regarded by quite a few as the strongest presser ever from the states. He described Andre as the “naturally strongest man he ever met” who could have made longstanding world records in the squat and dl with a focused lifestyle.

[quote]Hold Up wrote:
Put all my posts together…

But…I’ve seen lesser men, much less than half his size… that were non-lifters as you might call them… “support” 1000lbs. Plenty of guys Deadlifting in the 700s, Ricky D Crain wasnt too big (170s I think). So…with proper training… I’d say it would be possible for Andre to move some massive weight.

However… he got paid to wrestle, not risk damage and injury trying to be the strongest man.

For what its worth:
Ken Patera is regarded by quite a few as the strongest presser ever from the states. He described Andre as the “naturally strongest man he ever met” who could have made longstanding world records in the squat and dl with a focused lifestyle.

[/quote]

it is overly simplistic.

diminishing returns for one.

richard hawthorne can deadlift 610 x 4 and weighs 130lbs

doesn’t that mean that someone can deadlift 1220 x 4 if they weigh 260lbs? or that brian shaw the worlds strongest man who weighs around 450lbs can deadlift 1500lbs or something?

NO.

in fact brian shaw is a good example - 6’8 450lbs full of drugs and spent his entire life weight training. hes never gonna break a squat or deadlift world record.

add in the fact there is no evidence of andre once in his entire life even performing these lifts it is a big jump to say he could likely break the world record in them.

in addition he clearly had physical problems related to his extreme size. to simply assume he would have zero mobility or joint issues attempting to do any of this is ridiculous.

i am surprised that on a site like this people cannot seem to grasp this stuff. its pretty basic.

[quote]Hold Up wrote:
For what its worth:
[/quote]
Hmm, that’s interesting.

Would y’all stop it.

I mean it.

Anybody want a peanunt.