Andre the Giant - 2000lb Deadlift

A 2000 lb Deadlift Partial…?

Also read where he incline bench presses 455lbs for 5 reps.
If true, and say 85% of 1 rep max, and then that at 85% of flat bench… 630lbs
If use 80% though, over 700lbs.

We know WWE is real, so if it says 2000 lbs on the block, it must be real too.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
We know WWE is real, so if it says 2000 lbs on the block, it must be real too.[/quote]

haha. true that.

But…

“Let’s put it this way. I honestly believe that if Andre took a couple of years away from he game to train like the top lifters do…the world powerlifting records in both the squat and the deadlift would fall. No question. Think about it. He already weighs almost 500 lbs, with no lifitng and no help from steroids. Hell, he’d weigh 6 or 700lbs and not be any fatter than he is now, and let me tell you, thats no very damn fat. Hes a wonder of nature. I’ve seen him pick up a 250lb guy like you’d ick up your overcoat. I guess you know what he did to Wepner.”

Ken Patera, 4 time US Natl Weightlifitng Champion and 1st American to clean and jerk 500lbs,

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
We know WWE is real, so if it says 2000 lbs on the block, it must be real too.[/quote]

haha. true that.

But…

“Let’s put it this way. I honestly believe that if Andre took a couple of years away from he game to train like the top lifters do…the world powerlifting records in both the squat and the deadlift would fall. No question. Think about it. He already weighs almost 500 lbs, with no lifitng and no help from steroids. Hell, he’d weigh 6 or 700lbs and not be any fatter than he is now, and let me tell you, thats no very damn fat. Hes a wonder of nature. I’ve seen him pick up a 250lb guy like you’d ick up your overcoat. I guess you know what he did to Wepner.”

Ken Patera, 4 time US Natl Weightlifitng Champion and 1st American to clean and jerk 500lbs,
1981[/quote]

a 7’ 4 man is NEVER going to squat or deadlift over 1000lbs

no human can do a 2000lb DL partial

he wasn’t even muscular

he’s wasn’t gonna weigh 600-700lbs (lol) and lift these astronomical weights without dying from a heart attack pretty quickly

he weighs “nearly 500lbs with no weights or steroids” as he was grossly fat and abnormally tall.

OP do you even lift

[quote]Hold Up wrote:
Also read where he incline bench presses 455lbs for 5 reps.
If true, and say 85% of 1 rep max, and then that at 85% of flat bench… 630lbs
If use 80% though, over 700lbs.[/quote]

nice made up math

i would be pretty impressed to see Andre the Giant have the mobility to even perform a DL or squat with 135

Well considering members of this site apparently can incline bench 495 for 15…

lol

almost as badass & really real

lol what? I wish to see a link of this person who claims to incline bench 495X15. Are you sure he didn’t mean a low incline press off of a 4-board ;)?

[quote]Mtag666 wrote:
Well considering members of this site apparently can incline bench 495 for 15…

lol[/quote]

lol

That was a funny thread.

Not sure if trolling but do you really think that little bar that he supposedly broke over his back is going to support 2000 pounds w/ no bend? Or that that little link at the top of the block would hold that sort of weight? Even top quality bars give a bit when you’re benching 315… that thing doesn’t even budge with 5x that weight. It actually moves a little bit at :30 while he is “setting up” on accident - that block probably doesn’t weigh more than 50 pounds, lol.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

haha. true that.

But…

1981[/quote]

a 7’ 4 man is NEVER going to squat or deadlift over 1000lbs

no human can do a 2000lb DL partial

he wasn’t even muscular

he’s wasn’t gonna weigh 600-700lbs (lol) and lift these astronomical weights without dying from a heart attack pretty quickly

he weighs “nearly 500lbs with no weights or steroids” as he was grossly fat and abnormally tall.

OP do you even lift[/quote]

Lol can you tell me when you became an expert on strength training and physiological changes in people over 7 foot? twat.

Note: Not that I believe this crap.

[quote]SuperAlienFreak wrote:
Lol can you tell me when you became an expert on strength training and physiological changes in people over 7 foot? twat.
[/quote]

it’s called having common sense.

thanks for the insult.

HahahahHahahahahahahahahahah …who gives a fuck. Andrea The Giant could Face Palm a Grown man and throw him across a room and receive a nice check for services done.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
lol what? I wish to see a link of this person who claims to incline bench 495X15. Are you sure he didn’t mean a low incline press off of a 4-board ;)? [/quote]

even that would be impressive

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[/quote]

thanks for the insult.
[/quote]

Shit, I didn’t realise common sense defined the physical limitations of humans.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[/quote]

thanks for the insult.
[/quote]

Shit, I didn’t realise common sense defined the physical limitations of humans.[/quote]

If you think a 7 foot 4 man has the mobility to squat and deadlift world record amounts of weight then you are an ignorant moron.

He was no doubt very strong but what impressed me about andre was the ammount he could drink. He could drink an insane ammount of alcohol, like 119 12 ounce beers in 6 hours! he claims to get tipsy it took him 2 litres of vodka. He would drink 16 bottles of wine then go and wrestle afterwards, crazy!

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

They were sponsored by Looney Tunes at the time.

To scale.