T Nation

And the Kiddies Say 'Praise Obama!'

I don't know... this is kinda catchy:

Maybe I'm missing out by not sending the kids to government school for indoctrination!

Fightin' Irish: This is one of those days I wish we'd give NJ back to the British

You know, it's one thing to sing about past Presidents who have done something great (whether you agree with the greatness or not), maybe 'remarkable' is a better word, but c'mon the guy hasn't DONE ANYTHING (except spend money) yet....

Edit to add:

This morning as I was watching this abomination (obamanation), my 8 year says 'Whatcha watching?'. I say, it's some school kids singing about Obama.

She says 'why are they singing about him?'.

I say 'I guess because he's the president.'

She says with a puzzled look 'But, what did he DO?"

I said "THAT'S THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!"

She says "Ayye-bra-ham Linkin freed the slaves, and Geawj (Maine accent) Washington was the first president, and Obamaaaaaaa what?"

I say "I'll let you know when I find out".

She says "That's weird".

This shit even sets off the 'bullshit alarm' in an 8 year old.

Lyrics

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that all must lend a hand [?]
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Yes
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

The equal work means equal pay made me laugh...

Also, your story about your 8-year old = priceless... its my new quote of the day....

It's ok. I Grew up in a communist country. We sang songs of our leaders too, lol. Everyone thought Stalin was their uncle. As in their personal uncle. People wrote letters to him and such...

I never thought this type of politics would happen here in the USA. This is scary stuff.

Nazis sang songs about Hitler too.

*I wanted to beat Mak and Gambit to the punch.

I swear to God that I do not know of one Hitler song.

Maybe Nazis did not exactly look for a Fuehrer to give them a warm and fluffy feeling?

Dude where you have been? You don't get out much do you...

Undoubtedly it was America that was the source of that song :wink:

Na, that was Walter Moers a German cartoonist.

If it is translated yet get:

"Better living with the little Asshole, with special references to drugs, sex and alcohol".

It makes for excellent birthday presents and everyone should own a copy.

Same video with subtitles:

This is disgusting. This has a word and it's called indoctrination. These teachers need to be reprimanded for their actions. I am all for teaching facts about obama if current affairs is what they are talking about, but a song of praise done to "Jesus loves the little children". Here is the schools web address....Feel free to bitch directly.
http://www.burltwpsch.org/schools/ys/

I just wrote the principal a letter....hehe. I was very polite though. If anybody else writes, be polite.

Ah, this kind of thing has been going on for a long time. (Not that that makes it acceptable.)

I was in the first grade in the year of the '68 election.

At age 6, I didn't know anything about the candidates. It is unlikely that any of my classmates would have had real knowledge either: if they even had name recognition, it would only have been from whatever they had heard from their parents, most likely.

Anyhow, the teacher decided to have an "election" in the class, and passed out pieces of paper and wrote the names of the candidates on the board.

Namely, Humphrey, Nixon, and Wallace.

As mentioned, I had no knowledge of the candidates -- not even name recognition. All I had to go on was the names.

I didn't like the name Humphrey, didn't know what to think about the name Nixon, but it occurred to me that the name Wallace sounded like wallet, and perhaps he had money and could help us.

(What do you want: I was only 6.)

So I wrote Wallace on the piece of paper.

Well, as the teacher went through the "ballots" and read names, she got to that one and became FURIOUS. Her face became -- not as a figure of speech, but reality -- white with anger. She demanded, in an obviously furious way, to know who had voted for Wallace.

Now, supposing that a kid had had an actual political philosophy and experienced his teacher reacting with such rage and demanding to know who had cast such a vote, wouldn't that be "indoctrinating" ?

Indoctrinating against, but still indoctrinating.

The brits had plenty though, 'Hitler, he only had one ball, the other is in the Albert Hall, his mother, the dirty bugger, chopped it off when he was small'

Ugh. That's just wrong and the music teacher is an idiot.

But mandated "patriotic moments", usually taking the form of the Pledge of Allegiance, are worse. I'm wondering if the conspiracy nuts get their panties bunched up over those too.

Well it's true...

It is not the place of schools or teachers to push their political views any more than their religious views. Never happened at my public or my private school growing up. But apparently, it's all too common.

Pretty funny story, though. Did you speak up?

Here is the perfect song for them to sing after that...

In my private school it happened. I was maybe 12 or 13 and didn't know anything about politics at all at that time. I remember just taking my teacher's words at face value. After school we were out playing in the schoolyard and my friend was pissed. His parents had apparently raised him on "the other side." Honestly, I probably wouldn't even remember this event except for my friend being so angry.

For what little it's worth, I was at a religious school and the teacher was promoting a republican.

This reminds me of why my 13 year old daughter has never stepped foot in a pubic school.

To Orion, I have mountains of historical documentaries and have seen the students singing songs to and about Hitler.

I know we have lost any and all sight of this here anymore, but this nation is supposed to be driven by "We The People". Not a messianic cult figurehead regardless who they are or what party or viewpoint they espouse.

When my daughter saw this I watched her confused scowl while it was playing. She looked at me for a second and said. "That's.......................... weird".

It's not unreasonable that a private school teach in line with its values, there are plenty of private schools that cater to whatever group of people choose that school -- that is their prerogative and parents pay for that. If they don't agree that it should be done, it's also their prerogative to pull their kids from the school and put them somewhere else.

A government school should practice what it preaches and keep that shit out of the classroom. However, we all know that's not the case.