T Nation

And Still a Fat Guy in a Little Coat

of course Pete would have to get the last word by question my sexuality in my last thread.

for the record…it’s not gay unless you make eye contact.

Hi Meat, I had a thread going in the PL section about the Ram or sling shot. Greystoke suggested I see you about them. I see that you prefer the Titan Ram? I think I like the Ram better simply because it mimics a bench shirt. Ok so about sizing? I see that you like the Medium and I know your a larger guy. The sizing chart shows Medium is for 38-42" chest. Is that thing hard to get on dude? My chest is 48" so what size would you recommend for me? Thanks in advance.

On a side note, I grew up in Va. Beach and when I go home on vaca I train at Brute. It’s like disney land for men haha. Love that place!! So there’s a “slingshot / Ram” division? that’s bad ass man. Good luck in your meet.

the above was from Strengthdawg.

i haven’t used my slingshot enough to know if i like the titan more or not. i feel that the slingshot pulls me out of my normal bar path though. i find that i have to actively row it down lower than normal and it wants to throw the weight back over my face. the titan follows my raw bar path better. it doesn’t seem to change it at all.

as for size…i have a medium and a large. i like the loops on my elbows instead of sliding up my arms so the smaller size is better. i guess it depends on were you want it to sit on your arm.

yeah… brute strength is definitely the shit. i could fit about 10 of my gyms in it.

New log. Cool. Seems like you have a lot going on. Reffing, competing, etc. Great news that your IT bands are feeling back to normal already.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
New log. Cool. Seems like you have a lot going on. Reffing, competing, etc. Great news that your IT bands are feeling back to normal already.[/quote]

yep…things have been busy. i’m also planning a meet at the gym this summer.

thanks for stopping in!!!

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
of course Pete would have to get the last word by question my sexuality in my last thread.

for the record…it’s not gay unless you make eye contact.

[/quote]

WTF? Your last log started with a 500 lbs.Reverse Grip Bench and this one starts with gay talk??? Not that there is anything wrong with that of course.

[quote]DBasler wrote:

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
of course Pete would have to get the last word by question my sexuality in my last thread.

for the record…it’s not gay unless you make eye contact.

[/quote]

WTF? Your last log started with a 500 lbs.Reverse Grip Bench and this one starts with gay talk??? Not that there is anything wrong that of course.[/quote]

just guys being guys…

Thank for the insights MM


:wink:

[quote]ecupirate123 wrote:
;)[/quote]

looks a little high to me:)

last session before the meet this weekend. BW is 243

bench press- competition setup-and “press” and “rack” commands
0x10
135x10
225x6
275x1
315x1
365x1
405x1
455x1
495x1- raw opener

added titan

550x1- titan opener

leg press
2plates x 10
4 x 10
6 x 10
8 x 10
10 x 10
12 x 10
14 x 10
16 x 10
18 x 10

  • did seated calf raises in between sets

Hey Meat-Strong work. Good luck this weekend.

Interested to hear your thoughts on meet prep work. I’ve read some people who do their last “heavy day(s)” two and a half weeks prior to the meet date which seems a long way out. Your on the other end of the spectrum doing your opener 5 days pre contest.

Obviously benching over 500 puts puts you in a different league than most. Have you always gone heavy this close to a meet or is it something that has evolved as your numbers have gone up.

Best of luck!

[quote]DBasler wrote:
Hey Meat-Strong work. Good luck this weekend.

Interested to hear your thoughts on meet prep work. I’ve read some people who do their last “heavy day(s)” two and a half weeks prior to the meet date which seems a long way out. Your on the other end of the spectrum doing your opener 5 days pre contest.

Obviously benching over 500 puts puts you in a different league than most. Have you always gone heavy this close to a meet or is it something that has evolved as your numbers have gone up.[/quote]

i typically work up to my opener a week out and then take the rest of the week off. i worked up to my openers and then shut it down. numbers are all relative.

plus…it’s just a bench meet. i could probably continue to train the rest of the week and still go in and have a good meet. it’s one of the upsides of being a BOF.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Best of luck![/quote]

thank you very much:)

495 raw at 243 is veryyyyyy good.

[quote]thebruce13 wrote
495 raw at 243 is veryyyyyy good.[/quote]

thanks.


Meat’s bench meet write up.

This was the 22nd annual Weightlifting Unlimited Bench press meet in Winchester, VA. We got there at 8:30 to weigh in. One of my buddies, Marcel, had cut a good bit of weight to get down to 181 so as soon as we weighed in we hit up a breakfast sub at subway. the rules meeting was at about 11. There were over 50 lifters in this meet… that’s a lot for a bench only meet. The meet was broken up into four flights. I was third from the last in the fourth flight so i knew it would be awhile before i got to lift. since it would be so long i ended up being one of the refs for the first two flights. this meet had a slingshot/titan division and i was allowed to crossover for a fourth attempt. here’s how it went.

opener- 480 raw- three whites

second attempt- 500 raw- three whites

third attempt- 510 raw- three whites

fourth attempt- 550 w/titan- three whites

i wasn’t sure going into the meet if i was going to open raw and then go straight to the titan or do mostly raw attempts. i told myself that if my opener felt really easy i would go 500 and then go to the titan but once i reached 500 it still felt light so i went for one more at 510 to clinch the highest raw bench. then i knew that 550 would also clinche the highest slingshot/titan bench. i feel like i actually had more in my raw bench today but i knew i still had to hit an attempt with the titan so i stuck with 510. i feel that if i didn’t cross over to the titan i could have been good for at least 520 today.

anyway… when the dust settled i got first place in my weight division for raw bench, first place in my weight division for the titan/slingshot, best overall titan/slingshot lifter and best overall raw lifter. they gave out some pretty nice awards. I recieved two very large first place trophies, a huge best lifter plaque, a certificate for a free Titan Ram and $50 cash.

it was a very good day.

Definitely a good day! Congratulations my friend. 500 flew up- Nice

[quote]DBasler wrote:
Definitely a good day! Congratulations my friend. 500 flew up- Nice[/quote]

thank you… it’s meets like this that remind me why i lift. it was just a bunch of good people having fun, doing what we love to do.

FUCKING A!!!

Great lifting in here man. Double weight bench is awesome, even more so when your over 225.

Congradulations!! You put the time in.

Rick