T Nation

And in the World of Entertainment...

John Edwards

Yaawn…

Admits to affair

Yaaaaaaawn…

I don’t really have much interest in this so I haven’t read much. I do wonder if it was going on while his wife had/has cancer. Pretty classy if it was.

He admitted it did ,but its funny how its making news so he can get back into the public eye.

I like to think I don’t hate anyone, really, but Edwards is about as close as I come in the U.S. Fake populism is the worst, especially from an ambulance chaser. And now this. His poor wife.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
I like to think I don’t hate anyone, really, but Edwards is about as close as I come in the U.S. Fake populism is the worst, especially from an ambulance chaser. And now this. His poor wife.[/quote]

Agreed. I think Edwards was the only guy in the running this season that I thought was worse the Guilliani. Not only was a fake populist (nice term) who came across as the least sincere mother I have ever seen, but he was also milking his wife’s cancer even though he’d been banging this chick on the side. Dirtball in the extreme.

mike

[quote]Razorslim wrote:
He admitted it did ,but its funny how its making news so he can get back into the public eye.[/quote]

This is a terrible time and method to get back into the public eye, right before the conventions. He damn well wants back in the public eye, but I don’t think through anything like this, hence why he admits to it on a Friday afternoon at the start of the Olympic ceremonies.

Sometimes it’s not a publicity ploy, its just a dick move. Cheating on your cancer ridden wife, that’s a dick move.

This guy could have been our VP.

This does not lower my opinion of him at all. This guy has always been an ass hole. He made a fortune suing doctors for not doing c sections and supposedly causing autism. Complete bull shit. The number of c-sections has risen 10 fold becuase of this guy. Even still autism is on the rise.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
I like to think I don’t hate anyone, really, but Edwards is about as close as I come in the U.S. Fake populism is the worst, especially from an ambulance chaser. And now this. His poor wife.

Agreed. I think Edwards was the only guy in the running this season that I thought was worse the Guilliani. Not only was a fake populist (nice term) who came across as the least sincere mother I have ever seen, but he was also milking his wife’s cancer even though he’d been banging this chick on the side. Dirtball in the extreme.

mike[/quote]

Damn, forgot all about Giuliani. That’s a real tough call. Certainly more dangerous. And his wife, after all, found out she was being divorced in the papers.

democrats think affairs enhance their political stature. This “revelation” probably secures his position as Obama’s VP choice

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
This guy could have been our VP.[/quote]

Only if McCain chooses him.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

Only if McCain chooses him. [/quote]

Did you see the “could have been” part?

[quote]dhickey wrote:
This does not lower my opinion of him at all. This guy has always been an ass hole. He made a fortune suing doctors for not doing c sections and supposedly causing autism. Complete bull shit. The number of c-sections has risen 10 fold becuase of this guy. Even still autism is on the rise.[/quote]

D hit it on the head here…

Some of those same people in rural areas who supported Edwards are some of the same ones finding it difficult to find Obstetrical Care.

Edwards and his firm are responsible for some of the “Legal Precedent” set in birth injury cases.

Mufasa

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
This guy could have been our VP.[/quote]

Our current VP shot his friend in the face. We obviously don’t have a very high standard :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

Our current VP shot his friend in the face. We obviously don’t have a very high standard :P[/quote]

What’s wrong with shooting a lawyer in the face?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

Our current VP shot his friend in the face. We obviously don’t have a very high standard :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s wrong with shooting a lawyer in the face?[/quote]

Well for one, he did a half-assed job of it…f**king politicians can’t do anything right.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

What’s wrong with shooting a lawyer in the face?[/quote]

He picked an old one, who will die soon anyways. Pick a younger one. Maybe an ambulance chaser, or a lawyer that managed to get a burglar who injures himself on someone else’s property money (I was watching that Jim Carey movie yesterday where he can’t lie for 24hours)

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

Did you see the “could have been” part?[/quote]

psssst. I was kidding. I was stirring the pot.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

Did you see the “could have been” part?

psssst. I was kidding. I was stirring the pot. [/quote]

I’m pretty out of touch with this forum so I didn’t know.