Anchor Babies.. A Dilemna?

Serious question here fellows, should we as well ship out anchor babies? They are American Citizens correct. For the record I am an anchor baby but I support AZ states new law. Also should we make it retroactive?
By the I am more American than 95% of the population.

This is a hard question. I am not a big fan of anchor babies. If you come into the country illegally to have a baby, then the Baby has the citizenship of the parent and not the country of birth. This would mean a change in the constitution though. If you are here legally and have a baby, then the parents have the right to choose citizenship. If the constitution is not changed, then the baby has all rights as a citizen, but the parents are not allowed to have any ability to collect any help from the government, Welfare, Social Security, and the like. The parents will be deported, but have the right to either put the baby up for adoption put in fostercare until they can come back legally, or take the baby back home with them. This is my opinions, but would like to hear others opinions on this topic. If we can keep it civilized, which will be very difficult.

The 14th amendment has been abused in this regard way too much. So much to the point, that many countries no longer have birthright citizenship. I think the main issue, other than the financial aspect, is the lack of assimilation.

You know maximus most of the folk who fail to assimilate with the way of life in the US are how can I say this? Dumb, poor, the ones who want to keep it real to there Mexican roots, while they dont fucking know a lick of spanish. My thinking is the hispanic population is falling right in line with the blacks, they are becoming another tool for the democrats.
Its has been abused but what if they decided anchor babies had to be deported, what would you guys say? I mean I have a family of 4 been here all my life and served for over 6 years. I would feel extremely betrayed. By the way my parents where legal residents just not US Citizens when they had me. If that makes a difference.

Also if you think about where would I go, would Mexico or my parents home town take me back. Would they even want me back. I tell you this much Mexicans dont like chicanos. There is a hate between the two.

Most of the folks who do not assimilate into the new way of life are first generation.

If “anchor babies” become verboten then none will assimilate.

[quote]jre67t wrote:
You know maximus most of the folk who fail to assimilate with the way of life in the US are how can I say this? Dumb, poor, the ones who want to keep it real to there Mexican roots, while they dont fucking know a lick of spanish. My thinking is the hispanic population is falling right in line with the blacks, they are becoming another tool for the democrats.
Its has been abused but what if they decided anchor babies had to be deported, what would you guys say? I mean I have a family of 4 been here all my life and served for over 6 years. I would feel extremely betrayed. By the way my parents where legal residents just not US Citizens when they had me. If that makes a difference.

Also if you think about where would I go, would Mexico or my parents home town take me back. Would they even want me back. I tell you this much Mexicans dont like chicanos. There is a hate between the two.[/quote]

You know, I think we should adopt Mexico’s policies for immigration. I think they fall right in line with what I believe in. You can read it here…

For anyone who thinks we should protest Arizona, have them read that shit ^^^ and then talk to me about how racist Arizona is.

[quote]jre67t wrote:

By the I am more American than 95% of the population.[/quote]

You do know that this doesn’t make sense, right?

And no, the kids that are born here are American citizens. That’s the way the law reads, and I believe it should stay like that.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]jre67t wrote:

By the I am more American than 95% of the population.[/quote]

You do know that this doesn’t make sense, right?

And no, the kids that are born here are American citizens. That’s the way the law reads, and I believe it should stay like that. [/quote]

I think he means that his ancestors are related to the indigenous Native American Indians who were here pre colonization.

I disagree, I think it should take more than landing here and popping out a child to be a citizen, Europe has long done away with this flaw with the law for good reason.

Jre - if you are an anchor baby, your attitude and appreciation for America makes you more than that. I like people who love America, otherwise, GTFO. I can’t stand people who bitch and moan about how bad things are here, who have never been anywhere else in their life. Honest to God, some of you who bad mouth the US should go check out some other places, you will kiss the ground when you return home.

Fighting Irish you dont make sense, but your right it is the law. Your right MaximusB I cannot tell you how many damn arguments I have with relatives about this issue (and about 25% of them are illegal), they think Im a Mexican hater who has been brainwashed by the Rich Republicans.

My Grandpa used to work on the border of Guatemala and Mexico back in the 50’s as a road builder back in the days when the infrastructure was being laid down. Well he told me that soldiers guarded the border and they had authority to shot on sight of anyone coming into Mexico illegally. He would say they would find bodies in the forest from people trying to come into Mexico.

Liftis I disagree with you on the first generation, I believe those are the ones who appreciate America more. Im a 1st generation and hearing the stories of poverty makes you proud of we what we actually have here in America. It just pisses me off seeing all them damn Mojoes running around in there fucking brand new truck using a food stamp card, getting wic and popping babies out at the governments expense knowing damn well they dont have to accept some responsibility.

AZ doesn’t want to prevent immigration… the law just makes it alright to check for I.D. if you are Mexican - they’ve already been doing that… how did it get to ‘lets kick out all immigrants’??

Understand that illegal immigrants CREATE their own market - if they weren’t there, there jobs wouldn’t exist. They help the economy by paying taxes, goods, food, rent and they send a little money back, and the US could care less because politicians know they need immigrants and America is assfucking Mexico w/ the global economy structure and NAFTA.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

I think he means that his ancestors are related to the indigenous Native American Indians who were here pre colonization.
[/quote]

Oh ok.

[quote]
I disagree, I think it should take more than landing here and popping out a child to be a citizen, Europe has long done away with this flaw with the law for good reason.

Jre - if you are an anchor baby, your attitude and appreciation for America makes you more than that. I like people who love America, otherwise, GTFO. I can’t stand people who bitch and moan about how bad things are here, who have never been anywhere else in their life. Honest to God, some of you who bad mouth the US should go check out some other places, you will kiss the ground when you return home. [/quote]

I don’t think anyone is badmouthing the US in particular here, so I’m not sure why you’re ranting.

You have good reason to disagree with the law. Maybe it is too simplistic. I’d like to know why it was written like that in the first place, being as this country has been historically very, very xenophobic and hasn’t traditionally embraced foreigners of any color or creed.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
Understand that illegal immigrants CREATE their own market - if they weren’t there, there jobs wouldn’t exist.
[/quote]

How do you figure? They’d still need landscapers… regardless of how many mexicans are or aren’t here, there’s still a shitload of wealthy white people that want to pay someone else to do it.

[quote]
They help the economy by paying taxes, goods, food, rent and they send a little money back, and the US could care less because politicians know they need immigrants and America is assfucking Mexico w/ the global economy structure and NAFTA.[/quote]

Agreed.

One of the reasons I think we should grant amnesty to the ones here is so that we can fuck them on income taxes just like everybody else.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
Understand that illegal immigrants CREATE their own market - if they weren’t there, there jobs wouldn’t exist.
[/quote]

How do you figure? They’d still need landscapers… regardless of how many mexicans are or aren’t here, there’s still a shitload of wealthy white people that want to pay someone else to do it.

[quote]
They help the economy by paying taxes, goods, food, rent and they send a little money back, and the US could care less because politicians know they need immigrants and America is assfucking Mexico w/ the global economy structure and NAFTA.[/quote]

Agreed.

One of the reasons I think we should grant amnesty to the ones here is so that we can fuck them on income taxes just like everybody else.[/quote]

I know quite a few blue collar white landscapers who would be happy to have the work. I believe that illegal immigrants depress wages in the market; which of course, is not fair to the legal workers already here, regardless of race.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Nope, this officially does it. Pittbull is Einstein compared to you, dumb fuck.

Did you actually con your way out of high school with a real diploma?

[/quote]

I knew some fucking genius (and I’m not surprised that it’s you) would put up a picture of a statue that we didn’t even build.

That statue is a nice idea, but it doesn’t mean that the country was extremely xenophobic.

See- the hatred and discrimation of the Irish, the Germans, the Italians, the Chinese, the Catholics… Christ, that list could go on and on and on.

It’s been a general rule that whoever was here before, doesn’t like who’s coming here now.

I wouldn’t expect you to understand or know that though, being as history isn’t one of your strongest points.

Irish,

Not all immigrants are equal, and I don’t mean the legal vs illegal argument. Today’s immigrants are generally not as willing to become a part of America, because there is a segment of America that really isn’t American. There is a line drawn in the sand, due to proximity with those south of the border, because they so easily have access to their home country. People of Europe, Africa, and Asia can’t just drive back home, so they are almost forced to become American, more than Latinos. You see SO many organizations that contribute to the cultural divide with the Latino groups. Do you see an equal number of organizations for Greeks, Italians, Irish, Russian, African

I also think that immigrants from the south generally do not value things like education the way Asian, European, or Middle Eastern immigrants do. Why does no one bitch about Asian immigrants in our schools? Because they are smart and driven within themselves, and are more likely to be productive. With Latino immigrants, they are more likely to not do well in school, get into crime, and generally not contribute as much as other immigrants do. I also think that other immigrants tend to be more financially responsible for the number of kids they have and the income they make.

I agree with Push minus the gratuitous cock twirling; America is welcoming to immigrants provided they come through the proper channels.

That being said, I’m skeptical that this outrage has purely economic origins.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

I knew some fucking genius (and I’m not surprised that it’s you) would put up a picture of a statue that we didn’t even build.[/quote]

Yeah, sure you “knew” it. Maybe what you “knew” is that your statement was so grossly hyperbolic that you “knew” you’d never pull it off (going unchallenged on your stupidity).[quote]

That statue is a nice idea, but it doesn’t mean that the country was extremely xenophobic. [/quote]

So the way you figgered it all out is you up and decided the French gave us the statue precisely because we hated immigrants so much that we needed a good chiding, huh? Then we erected it as self punishment for our vile xenophobic ways?[quote]

See- the hatred and discrimation of the Irish, the Germans, the Italians, the Chinese, the Catholics… Christ, that list could go on and on and on.

It’s been a general rule that whoever was here before, doesn’t like who’s coming here now.
[/quote]

So point out the model country on this globe that did do it (graciously accepted immigrants) YOUR way, the “right” way with the “right” attitude. Was/is it Mexico? Hungary? Bolivia? Bangladesh? Which one did it non-xenophobically and has earned your seal of approval?

(Quick! Hustle over to Uncle Google and find the SillyIrish “nice to immigrants” country)[quote]

I wouldn’t expect you to understand or know that though, being as history isn’t one of your strongest points. [/quote]

This reminds me of when Pittbull declared he was a libertarian.[/quote]

I’d love to argue with you Push, but frankly I don’t find you to be all that intelligent or interesting.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

I knew some fucking genius (and I’m not surprised that it’s you) would put up a picture of a statue that we didn’t even build.[/quote]

Yeah, sure you “knew” it. Maybe what you “knew” is that your statement was so grossly hyperbolic that you “knew” you’d never pull it off (going unchallenged on your stupidity).[quote]

That statue is a nice idea, but it doesn’t mean that the country was extremely xenophobic. [/quote]

So the way you figgered it all out is you up and decided the French gave us the statue precisely because we hated immigrants so much that we needed a good chiding, huh? Then we erected it as self punishment for our vile xenophobic ways?[quote]

[/quote]

So point out the model country on this globe that did do it (graciously accepted immigrants) YOUR way, the “right” way with the “right” attitude. Was/is it Mexico? Hungary? Bolivia? Bangladesh? Which one did it non-xenophobically and has earned your seal of approval?

(Quick! Hustle over to Uncle Google and find the SillyIrish “nice to immigrants” country)[quote]

I wouldn’t expect you to understand or know that though, being as history isn’t one of your strongest points. [/quote]

This reminds me of when Pittbull declared he was a libertarian.[/quote]

I’d love to argue with you Push, but frankly I don’t find you to be all that intelligent or interesting. [/quote]