T Nation

Anavar vs Winstrol

Hey guys,

Been doing some research for my next cycle and looking to get more defined and beach body ready then bulk especially as summer is coming up in the southern part of the world.

This was the advice form my trainer:
"Forget Dbol or anything that retains water weight, on the next run I would be looking into test/anavar or test/winstrol. You really donâ??t need a high amount of testosterone while you are dieting, you can get by perfectly fine on 200-300mg/wk. I would include 1/2mg arimadex 3x/wk to prevent any estro conversion and diet my ass off. Itâ??s almost all diet man, it really is."

I am only looking to go back on cycle in December, currently on CLA's, fat burners and dieting like crazy to get ready for summer.

Cycle Option 1: Winny and Test
Beginner Winstrol Cycle Example (10 weeks total cycle time)
Weeks 1-10:
â?? Testosterone (any ester) at 400-500mg/week
Weeks 1-8:
â?? Winstrol (injectable) at 50mg every other day (total 200mg/week) OR Winstrol (oral) at 30mg/day

Cyle Option 2: Test and Anavar
Beginner Anavar Cycle Example (12 weeks total cycle time)
Weeks 1-12:
â?? Testosterone Enanthate at 300 â?? 500mg/week
Weeks 1-8:
â?? Anavar at 30 â?? 40mg/day

But need some advice on the actual cycle - got a couple questions:

1) Which is the better cycle to go for?

2) I know Anavar is "safer" but is Winstrol so dangerous that its worth paying almost double?

3) Which Test to go for and at which dosage? Did Test Enth 300mg twice a week at 300mg twice a week for last cycle and loved the results.

4) What is the ideal cycle time? Seen different resources saying 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 10- 12. To be honest 12 was a bit long for me so looking to keep it between 8 and 10. Thinking 10 as maximizes gains from the test?

5) Personal preference which do you usually prefer / recommend?

6) For PCT:
SERM and AI wise would Arimidex and Nolva cut it? Or should I get HCG and Clomid.
This is what I have found so far:
AI and SERM
Wk 2-8 Adex, .5mg ED
Wk 10-14 Nolva, 40/40/20/20

Winstrol is terrible for tendons. I get crazy strength gains from Tren ace in particular when my receptors are sensitive and my tendon strength can’t match so I get tendonitis / tendonosus. But if you can handle winny it’s good and will lower SHBG dramatically allowing much more free test. If you can’t or you’re worried about tendons then go with Anavar. I use Anavar because I can’t use winny but I prefer winny.

Thanks for the reply! Will try get a week supply first before buying the full lot. If I had to change over it wouldn’t be an issue - ie stopping winny and starting anavar?

A few thoughts and I am southern hemisphere too, glad spring has finally arrived!

If you want a summer body, December seems a bit late to start. Nov 15 to Jan 15 for eight weeks or Jan 31 for 10.

On all your proposals it sounds like you are looking at 500mg a week of test. Sounds good, but .5mg ED of adex might be a bit high, depends on how you respond I guess, but EOD might be better. HCG if you can source it will also help for PCT.

Anavar is milder all around and can be run for pretty much the whole cycle. It is not hepatoxic like winstrol so can be run the length of your cycle. If you just want to really bump it up, start with winstrol then move to anavar.

^^Anavar is just as toxic to the liver as many other orals. The myth that it’s not hepatotoxic came about from a misunderstanding of studies. The studies that showed little toxicity were using 2.5-5mg ED. At 25mg+ ED it most certainly is hepatotoxic and should be limited in duration same as any other C17AA.

The main problem I see here is… your’re not gonna get real Anavar… I really don’t like winny, but it’s easier to find the real stuff, and if you have muscle, winny can do the magic. I would use Tren, but I don’t know if you are ok with this drug… for this kinda body you’re looking for I would use: Tren, Mast, Test and some adex… HGH is a good add if you can pay for it. Maybe some t3/ t4, ephedrine or clen for the cutt.

Bye… good luck man!