T Nation

Anavar Questions

Hey all,

I'm a Brazilian Jiu jitsu athlete. I Train 3-4 hours a day. I was considering taking anavar to get a boost in my recovery, work capacity and some strength.

I've done a fair amount of research. I was planning on taking 50mgs a day, splitting it in the morning and post training.

I know I'm going to get ripped into for not stacking with test, but my main concern is that I don't want to gain any weight. As I'm already slightly big for my weight class and the cut is difficult as it is. Thoughts?

Personally would suggest 50mg stanazolol instead unless you have a verified reliable source of var.

Winstrol will give you the strength boost you’re looking for without weight gain. And yes, you should do a minimum of 300 mg a week of test for base but people are going to try and justify what they want.

Good luck.

Isn’t winny horrible on your joints though? He fights ju jitsu that’d be kind of counter productive wouldn’t it?

I used to do jj…the guys i knew who competed & juiced liked using whinny & primo…read up on those 2… i think they are more the peds also hgh is nice for those injuries. I started hgh due to jj injuries & ive nvr stopped.

[quote]nooberific wrote:
Isn’t winny horrible on your joints though? He fights ju jitsu that’d be kind of counter productive wouldn’t it?[/quote]

yup.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]nooberific wrote:
Isn’t winny horrible on your joints though? He fights ju jitsu that’d be kind of counter productive wouldn’t it?[/quote]

yup.

[/quote]
Bro science at it’s finest. I’m not talking about running an endless cycle of winstrol. Look at the majority of olympic sprinters caught “juicing” and you will find winstrol every time. A few short cycles of winstrol will not deteriorate your joints to the point of breaking when you step on the mat.

Research some of the top MMA fighters and see what they run. I don’t suggest trying their cycles off the bat as they are seasoned fighters and PED users. Use discretion.

[quote]SIM37 wrote:

[quote]nooberific wrote:

yup.

[/quote]
Bro science at it’s finest. I’m not talking about running an endless cycle of winstrol. Look at the majority of olympic sprinters caught “juicing” and you will find winstrol every time. A few short cycles of winstrol will not deteriorate your joints to the point of breaking when you step on the mat.

Research some of the top MMA fighters and see what they run. I don’t suggest trying their cycles off the bat as they are seasoned fighters and PED users. Use discretion. [/quote]

An aromatising compound like test prop or at least dbol should also be used maintain proper estrogen levels. Water weight will be minimal at a low dosage.

This is not bro science. These are symptoms of low estrogen. Some unfortunate guys may even end up with an estrogen rebound after PCT.

Of course not everyone will suffer these symptoms, just like not everyone gets gyno without an AI in a normal cycle, so a winstrol only cycle can be done. But it certainly should not be advised.

Been training BJJ for close to a decade. You are wasting your time with a quick oral cycle. You will not receive the strength and recovery you think you will. Without a more consistent approach I can only imagine you will yoyo in and out of feeling good.

[quote]nooberific wrote:

yup.

[/quote]

While its common its not guaranteed. I have had very minor if any joint issues on 50mg.

HGH is the wonder drug for everything. Don’t most fighters run compounds like mast and primo?

[quote]SIM37 wrote:

[quote]nooberific wrote:

yup.

[/quote]

Research some of the top MMA fighters and see what they run. I don’t suggest trying their cycles off the bat as they are seasoned fighters and PED users. Use discretion. [/quote]

no it’s not. hopefully this article can be posted… if not, Google “Deca, Winstrol and your joints”

guys use Winni in sports for a couple reason… 1. making weight and 2. they don’t know any better 3. they got fake stuff (sprinter Ben Jonson does not claim that he didn’t use steroids, but claims that he never used Winstrol due to the negative effects it could have on his joints)

[quote]SIM37 wrote:

^side note: most athletes and fighters don’t run very aggressive cycles, at all. people that follow powerlifting and bodybuilding seem to assume that everyone uses the same cycles as them, but they’re missing the point as to why the athlete uses in the first place.

most fighters are trying to stay within a certain weight class, so they’re not looking to gain a ton of LBM. additionally, extra muscle might be nice with the increased strength and power, but it also significantly increase O2 consumption.

from what i’ve seen of most athlete’s cycles, they are closer to high doses that we’d see in TRT (200-300 mg) vs high end BBing doses (3 grams, give or take?). these guys are looking for the increase in recovery so they can train more, and therefore increase more skill. and they obviously appreciate the increase in strength and endurance, too…

a while back i ran into a boxer i knew who was getting ready for a fight, and he was using some Androderm gel. anybody here would laugh at that, but he was using it to get his levels on the higher end, and it was also used because it helped to pass any drug tests.

doses have blown up in the bodybuilding world in the past 15 years or so, and i think that it partially due to AI’s, and their decreased cost and availability.

back in the day, the “gramabol” cycle was a huge deal, and that’s just 1,000 mg of test a week. but before AI’s were available, you generally couldn’t manage this much aromatization on cycle, so that’s part of the reason why guys had to keep their doses lower and combine different drugs with different properties.

just my .02.

Don’t forget at blackbelt you will be tested extensively at the big tournaments.