T Nation

Anavar (Oxandrin) for Cutting Help?

Hello,
This is going to come across rather rookie-sounding…Sorry.
I am 225 @ 5’9 and probably abour mid to high 20s in my bodyfat. Yet, i hold a very good amount of muscle considering the high amount of BF.
My diet is on point - 2200 calories daily (225 pro, 175 carbs 56 fat) cardio and lifting is good as well.

I am looking to go through a massive cutting cycle where i intend on using the lactic acid training (http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-131-training) and Meltdown training to Cut.

I was wondering what benefits i would get from using anavar(oxandrin 2.5mg) along with my cutting program. Im hoping someone can help me with positioning myself properly to lose the fat on this stuff. I was thinking about 20-40 mg per day. HELP PLEASE

Var is not the product I’d select for fat loss. Diet is truly your key. Relatively low cals and carbs is key. Any steroid is only going to effect fat levels on a secondary level.

The three products most often associated with “cutting” would be Tren, Winny and/or Masteron. Still, if you use these products in the presence of a poor diet they will be ineffective.

i selected it because i was given some after a friend of mine recovered from a medical related treatment. so basically, its just convienent because its here.
My diet and training is good. I train 2x a day 6 days a week. Cardio sprints in the morning and weight training at night. I have never really considered a cycle but since i have it, i was wondering if there was a smart way to use it.

[quote]sapasion wrote:
Var is not the product I’d select for fat loss. Diet is truly your key. Relatively low cals and carbs is key. Any steroid is only going to effect fat levels on a secondary level.

The three products most often associated with “cutting” would be Tren, Winny and/or Masteron. Still, if you use these products in the presence of a poor diet they will be ineffective.[/quote]

Not everyone would agree with this. Check this article out:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=461739

It won’t really help you lose much bodyfat, but it will definetely help preserve your muscle. Not to many guys take a dose that low though. With 50mg ED you will probably even gain some muscle while cutting or if nothing else some strength.