Anavar Only Cycle ?

i just started boxing, however i started lifting 3 years ago.
i want to add some strength and anavar will do that with out much increase in mass so i’m doing an anavar only cycle, i will never inject anything. i know this is a low dose but i’m just experimenting and i don’t think i’ll use anything other than anavar. i just need help with pct.

week1-8 50mg ed

So you are brave enough to let someone punch you for an hour straight but too soft to do a proper injectable cycle? I’m not judging you or anything…

To Bonez: I dont like reading posts that seem almost like they are talking someone into doing more than they are wanting.

To the OP, do some research first and see what you come up with. I’m pretty sure I have read quite a few threads about this same question. You should find all your answeres within those threads. Still dont get it, then try to give us a proposed PCT and people will critique. People tend to give more advice when research is done.

bmc

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
So you are brave enough to let someone punch you for an hour straight but too soft to do a proper injectable cycle? I’m not judging you or anything…[/quote]

lol

Hey I know a guy who lost bodyfat and gained 3-4 very solid pounds on an anavar only cycle.

He did complete a PCT, but didnt think it was really necessary…

I don’t see a reason to NOT run a PCT with any hormonal agent, why risk the boys to save 50-60 bucks ??

Hell some people use SERM’s for contest prep just because of the water retention reduction, seems like a waste, but is done.

[quote]garbusa wrote:
i just started boxing, however i started lifting 3 years ago.
i want to add some strength and anavar will do that with out much increase in mass so i’m doing an anavar only cycle, i will never inject anything. i know this is a low dose but i’m just experimenting and i don’t think i’ll use anything other than anavar. i just need help with pct.

week1-8 50mg ed[/quote]

For your goal of gaining strength without mass and doing it without injections, I would not say that 50mg is a low-dose. 40mg is what I would suggest as you can easily take 20mg in the AM and 20mg in the PM. I would plan on running it for 50 days so as to use 200 10mg tabs or 100 20mg tabs (I don’t like arbitary time lines that do not fit into quantity). I would also follow it up with some low-dose SERM like Nolvadex at 10-20mg a day for 2-3 weeks.

Winstrol would be another option, but is less kind on your body in so many ways. Tbol would not be a good idea as it will reduce your body’s ability to clot and therefore those bloody noses from those jabs will bleed for way too long on Tbol.

Of course, there are much cheaper, better, easier on your body things/cycles you can do, but you need to have some absolute goals and starting with an oral sounds like it would be a good thing for you at this point.

if i was going to do an oral only with the only goals being performance enhancement i would opt for anavar @ 40-60 mg/ED for 6-8 weeks…or halo @ 30 mg/ED for 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off and repeat. you’ll experience strength increases and body comp changes given everything else is on point.

Years ago for judo I used low dose winstrol. Worked out great. For me though, Anavar is about 1/2 as strong at twice the dosge as Winstrol. Just a weak weak compound.

Just started a first cycle (on 8/14) of 30mg a day (one take) of Anavar. 5 days so far, and nothing whatsoever…
I guess it takes more time to feel the effect, or maybe 30mg is too low (I am 37 6.2 196lbs 14.5%). My goal would be 200lbs at 11% maybe at the end of 6 weeks. Is that realistic with this cycle ?
I train 4-5 days a week (3 days with a trainer so high intensity)…

[quote]eenzo295 wrote:
Just started a first cycle (on 8/14) of 30mg a day (one take) of Anavar. 5 days so far, and nothing whatsoever…
I guess it takes more time to feel the effect, or maybe 30mg is too low (I am 37 6.2 196lbs 14.5%). My goal would be 200lbs at 11% maybe at the end of 6 weeks. Is that realistic with this cycle ?
I train 4-5 days a week (3 days with a trainer so high intensity)…
[/quote]

oh dear, someone is gonna get hurt.

DAMN. I took pity…

With the 3-4% drop in bodyfat you will be looking to gain around 15lbs of muscle as an educated guess… that is not the job of oxandrolone full stop, let alone a dose so low.

For the results you want, Var is not the correct drug.
You think that those results isnt asking much it seems - so why do you need drugs to achieve it?
Because the results you want are no walk in the park - and if you want to gain that much while losing that much you need to do some more serious drugs than that, if you dont want to wait a year.

Why have you chosen this compound? Let me guess - it is oral, it is non-aromatizing, it doesnt suppress too much, not too toxic, mildly androgenic, and thus it is one of the safest anabolics out there… am i warm?
You dont get to have your cake and eat it with this game sadly.

How about you make a new thread all of your own, and give everyone your history with medical and fitness background, AAS use and knowledge, reasons for the choices you made, long and short term goals and how you intend to get there…

Lets have a conversation.

And i will warn you upfront. Your cycle is shit and wont do much at all… your training performance will increase some, but aesthetically there is not much that will happen for you IMO.
How long have you been reading this site? The steroids forum?
You must be very new.

Read the stickies before you make that thread too - trust me :wink:

JJ

why am I gonna get hurt ? Share your experience dude, it’s my first time ! That’s the point of a forum, isn’t it ?

[quote] Brook wrote:
DAMN. I took pity…

Why have you chosen this compound? Let me guess - it is oral, it is non-aromatizing, it doesnt suppress too much, not too toxic, mildly androgenic, and thus it is one of the safest anabolics out there… am i warm?
You dont get to have your cake and eat it with this game sadly.

JJ[/quote]

you are correct as far as why I chose this compound. But incorrect in the results I am looking for: I am 196 now, and said, maybe 200 by the end, with 2-3% drop in BF.

Another reason why i started with Var is that it’s a first mental step. I know I will probably have to go with Test E down the road.

My whole concept with VAR was to drop this stuborn fat that makes me look soft all the time. I am not hugely fat, just hard to get rid of those few %. Thought Var would help lean me before I move forward with something stronger…

He basically saying that it will be difficult to gain that amount of muscle out of a var cycle, much less do so in the calorie deficit required to meet your body fat goals.

If you want to cut, var isn’t a bad choice, if you want to bulk, its not a very ideal choice, but doable.

But you certainly cant do both at the same time, especially at that dose.

Using var to cut is a much better use of it, it will keep the strength high and allow you to maintain most of your muscle even at a pretty serious calorie deficit, there are so many better mass building compounds that are less expensive and easier to get.

Its a waste to try to bulk with it. And its not the best cutter available either. Its main use is weight classes and strength

point taken. But adding 4 lbs, I didn’t think that meant bulking. Well then I guess that’s what the forum is for. I appreciate this.

I have the feeling 30mg/day is a bit low, but I really wanted to stay on the safe side. I have no idea how I will react.
Nobody around me knows I am taking anything, so I obviously can’t go with the really aggressive compound that will add those 15 lbs of mass to my frame in 8 weeks… That I can’t do. That’s why I thought VAR would nicely lean me up, while maybe firming muscles a little and all that without anybody really noticing in my family…

So to meet my goal of dropping 3% BF and maybe adding 4 lb of mass, does 40-50mg seem fine ?

See heres the point your missing mass must be conserved, it has to go somewhere.

If you lose 10 pounds of fat, but weigh the same that means you gained 10 pounds of muscle.

If you want to lose 10 pounds of fat, but weight 5 pounds more, than your looking at a pretty serious cycle.

Honestly, I would use the var to cut, and be completely committed to the cut. If you can get your bodyfat down significantly, you will look much larger, and it will be significantly easier to gain muscle on your next bulk, with or without compounds.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
See heres the point your missing mass must be conserved, it has to go somewhere.

If you lose 10 pounds of fat, but weigh the same that means you gained 10 pounds of muscle.

If you want to lose 10 pounds of fat, but weight 5 pounds more, than your looking at a pretty serious cycle.

Honestly, I would use the var to cut, and be completely committed to the cut. If you can get your bodyfat down significantly, you will look much larger, and it will be significantly easier to gain muscle on your next bulk, with or without compounds.[/quote]

Perfect… I guess you made it clear for me. Then I should shoot for beeing 186 at the end of the cycle while having kept all my muscle mass… Makes sense.
So do you think 30mg per day can acheive that if I keep a moderate carb intake (mostly complex, and never at night)

You seem to think that to get from 196 at 14% to 200lbs at 11% is only 4lbs increase!!

Let me put it like this:

196lbs@14% = 168lbsLBM + 28lbsFat
200lbs@11% = 178lbsLBM + 22lbsFat

So in order to get to your goal not only do you need to gain 10lbs of Muscle, (i was a little out in my guess-timate of 15lbs) but you also need to drop 6lbs of bodyfat.

A more realistic result would be this:

190lbs@12% = 170lbsLBM + 20lbsFat

(these are all ballpark)

That is dropping 8lbs of bodyfat and gaining 2lbs of muscle - still not an easy task in 6 weeks but more achievable with your drug.

What sort of results have you gotten naturally over the past couple of years then?

JJ

[quote]eenzo295 wrote:
Westclock wrote:

Honestly, I would use the var to cut, and be completely committed to the cut. If you can get your bodyfat down significantly, you will look much larger, and it will be significantly easier to gain muscle on your next bulk, with or without compounds.

Perfect… I guess you made it clear for me. Then I should shoot for beeing 186 at the end of the cycle while having kept all my muscle mass… Makes sense.
So do you think 30mg per day can acheive that if I keep a moderate carb intake (mostly complex, and never at night)[/quote]

30mg may help you to conserve some tissue yes, but it is all in how well you diet and train.

The Var will help, although if you have more i would take it… you mentioned going upto 50mg?
AFAIK 40mg is often considered a minimal amount for males on this site.

[quote] Brook wrote:
You seem to think that to get from 196 at 14% to 200lbs at 11% is only 4lbs increase!!

Let me put it like this:

196lbs@14% = 168lbsLBM + 28lbsFat
200lbs@11% = 178lbsLBM + 22lbsFat

So in order to get to your goal not only do you need to gain 10lbs of Muscle, (i was a little out in my guess-timate of 15lbs) but you also need to drop 6lbs of bodyfat.

A more realistic result would be this:

190lbs@12% = 170lbsLBM + 20lbsFat

(these are all ballpark)

That is dropping 8lbs of bodyfat and gaining 2lbs of muscle - still not an easy task in 6 weeks but more achievable with your drug.

What sort of results have you gotten naturally over the past couple of years then?

JJ[/quote]

Make sense man. I feel stupid not to have understood that in the first place. Sorry about that !
I will definately shoot for a 190lbs @ 12%. But maybe I’ll up to 40mg and cut carbs more aggressively?

Well I’ve gained 20 lbs pretty much in the first 6 months naturally. Started at 175lbs. But I have been training on and off for years before. One thing I never understood was the need to eat more (before I started seriously 2 years ago that is…)

Now I think I do, but still not enough since I’ve been stable at 196 for maybe a year despite the killing workouts I am having with my trainer. The guy doesn’t spare me, trust me…

But my whole idea for getting into Var was that I got tired by the fact that, despite obviously not enough calories (since I am not gaining weight), I couldn’t get rid of the fat. It stayed REAL REAL stable (in weight and bodyfat) all the time. So I thought, ok that’s it, now there’s no other way but to try var.
Makes sense ?

it does… but var wont help you to drop that fat… the reason the fat stays there even when you aren’t eating in excess is twofold.

1. You arent eating a defecit
    2)the types of foods you are eating are ‘wrong’
    and also 3) You could possibly have a little insulin tolerance, which is related to point 2.

The thing is, you could eat a deficit and still keep the spare tyre! It is due to eating processed carbs, sugars, baked goods, pastries and saturated fats.
The insulin, trans-fats and sat-fats combined all make for that kind of stubborn fat.

Even without the trans-fat it is common with people who eat sugary/processed ‘complex’ carbs and fat.
I have had that fact crush many a moderately overweight trainee when they work their little bollocks off and refuse to change their dietary habits only to get nowhere, fast.

A strict overhaul of your dietary habits, starting with calories and macronutrient ratios and content is the best plan for your goal.
Ask yout trainer if he/she is a certified Nutritional Advisor or Nutritionist and if not see if they can refer you to anyone.

And being a trainer myself, trust me - we ALL know how to make people suffer :wink:

jj