T Nation

Anavar Only Cycle. PCT?

I know, right off the bat I'm going to get asked "why?" I've read so many articles online about anavar, and cycles people have ran incorporating anavar.. I also read all the replies about how it's stupid to run just anavar.. However their goals always seem to be gain muscle mass which is not what I'm looking for here. I have no objections to injecting, just based on what I've read, for the goal I have anavar seems like the answer!

I've been going in at the gym twice a day now for just over a year. I've been eating like a horse packing on a lot of muscle, as well as some fat.... I started at 172 and I'm 205 now...

At this point I'm not looking for any more mass gains, I'm looking to lean out, shread some of this tummy fat, and become more "hard" and vascular...

What are your thoughts on running Var only, for this purpose... This would be my first cycle... So I'm not sure as to what mg to run.. I've read as low as 20 (which doesn't seem like much) up to 100 mg per day.... is there a happy medium that should be ran?

My other question is regarding a PCT.... Novedex, Clomid, both? how should a proper PCT be run for a anavar only cycle... I've heard you don't necessarily need a pct with Var only... However, I feel if you're suppressing any natural levels, even by a small amount, you should have something to help recover...

You need diet not shitty anavar cycle. No need in it. Run a cycle or don’t.

diet is already in check, 6 lean meals a day… eggs, chicken, veggies, rice and some times sweet potatoes literally every day…

Still doesnt change the answer. Anavar is not a fat burner in any way. Diet is all that will take care of that so if you want to run a cycle do so but, do a smart and well thought out cycle.

Anavar is anabolic. Like Reed said, it’s not a fat burner.

Diet is going to be your key here.

[quote]CxTucker wrote:

Diet is going to be your key here.[/quote]

No you’re right, its not a fat burner it’s a very mild anabolic… However, Is it not mainly used for pre-contest cutting?

[quote]kucci wrote:

[quote]CxTucker wrote:

No you’re right, its not a fat burner it’s a very mild anabolic… However, Is it not mainly used for pre-contest cutting?[/quote]

it dries you out, making you look leaner. Not going to do that unless you’re already very lean.

[quote]kucci wrote:

[quote]CxTucker wrote:

No you’re right, its not a fat burner it’s a very mild anabolic… However, Is it not mainly used for pre-contest cutting?[/quote]

You know what else is used for pre-contest cutting?

dieting.

most anabolics can cause some degree of fat loss, and for whatever reason, people act like anavar is the only one that does that, possibly due to it’s low rate of aromatazition. but it does cause suppression, and PCT is still required.

but if you wanna lose fat, then adding a fat burner to an androgen would be much more reasonable.

i’d look into stuff like that (Albuterol, Clen, T3) in addition to doing some more reading about PCT…