Anavar for Midsection Fat?

I’m 37 years old,was blessed with good genetics,and have always been athletic. last year I had a shoulder reconstruction,and 3 months ago,had back surgery.(l4-l5 fusion) I gained 25 lbs over the last year and feeling ready to get rid of it.I was thinking of maybe doing a cycle of anavar only just to help strengthen my back a little,and to try to target the fat that has built up around my midsection,that’s the only place I have any fat on my body.

from what I’ve read var may target the midsection.I’ve used gear before but only a couple of times few and far between.(1 cycle of test,injections,15 years ago,then a cycle of d-bol and winstrol about 8 years ago).like I said I have no interest in gaining size for I’m a mixed martial artist,only to loose fat and streangthen my back.does this sound like something that is possible,with a var cycle only?

right now I have a 4 week supply of testim gel,that a friend gave me,really don’t know if I need it.
any advice would be greatly appriciated…thank you in advance…

Sure Anavar can work to help you she fat. It will certainly not target abdominal fat. But if you follow a proper fat loss diet the help of a mild anabolic like Var can work nicely.

I would not advise using AAS until your injury/surgically repaired whatevers are as close to full strength as possible. But you know your own body so the decision is yours, obviously.

What dosage and for how long are you thinking of using the Var for? What about PCT?

Anavar is purported to contribute to collagen synthesis as well which could assist in your recovery. BBB recommended 2 x 4 week cycles of 60mg/d in split doses separated by 1 month (to avoid suppression and reduce continuous time on this oral) for a friend of mine with a distal biceps rupture and subsequent reattachment operation. He speculated that 4 weeks of anavar at 60mg/d would not require PCT.

shoulder feels great,back is totally fused,just weak. 7 weeks at 60mg a day…not sure what pct is? sorry,I’m a newbie,and don’t plan on making this a “habit”,(i use the term loosely)just want to get back where I was,a little faster…I’ve just always been very strong for my size naturally. I really appriciate you helping me out,I"ve done some research,but get so much conflicting or the same info,everywhere I look…so I figured why not just ask about my specific needs…every time I read about var only cycles,most everyone answers thinking of size gains,I just have no need to gain size…before my surgeries,i was 5’9" 160 at 8% bodyfat,w/o anything,now I’m 185…17 months of no exercise,and not as healthy of a diet (although I’ve changed it up alot a couple of weeks ago)no more junk food…anyway,I really do app. the help…have a great day!

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Anavar is purported to contribute to collagen synthesis as well which could assist in your recovery. BBB recommended 2 x 4 week cycles of 60mg/d in split doses separated by 1 month (to avoid suppression and reduce continuous time on this oral) for a friend of mine with a distal biceps rupture and subsequent reattachment operation. He speculated that 4 weeks of anavar at 60mg/d would not require PCT.[/quote]

that was part of my shoulder reconstruction,I ruptured my bicep and had to have it reattached,while they we’re in there,found out I had broken my collarbone and didn’t know,so they had to cut some of it off,and fix my rotator cuff which also had a nasty tear…

I think you missed my post just before your last one. PCT stands for post cycle recovery. Normally a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator) such as Tamoxifen Citrate (also known by street name Nolvadex). Tamoxifen citrate is dosed at around 20mg/d for 4 weeks to assist in transitioning from a suppresses state (your body stops producing its own testosterone while on cycle) to a restore testosterone production stae. Failing to use a PCT after a fully suppressive cycle can prolong recovery for a long time and leave a person feeling like crap and often depressed.

Anavar being a very mild androgen may not require a PCT for following a brief cycle such as the 60mg/d for 4 weeks outlined.

Sorry, I didn’t realize you noticed my post. What did you do to get such gruesome injuries?

[quote]jjthesaint wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:
Anavar is purported to contribute to collagen synthesis as well which could assist in your recovery. BBB recommended 2 x 4 week cycles of 60mg/d in split doses separated by 1 month (to avoid suppression and reduce continuous time on this oral) for a friend of mine with a distal biceps rupture and subsequent reattachment operation. He speculated that 4 weeks of anavar at 60mg/d would not require PCT.

that was part of my shoulder reconstruction,I ruptured my bicep and had to have it reattached,while they we’re in there,found out I had broken my collarbone and didn’t know,so they had to cut some of it off,and fix my rotator cuff which also had a nasty tear…[/quote]

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Sorry, I didn’t realize you noticed my post. What did you do to get such gruesome injuries?

jjthesaint wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:

that was part of my shoulder reconstruction,I ruptured my bicep and had to have it reattached,while they we’re in there,found out I had broken my collarbone and didn’t know,so they had to cut some of it off,and fix my rotator cuff which also had a nasty tear…
[/quote]

my shoulder,I was putting in a 12’ double 2x12 header(by myself) and it fell out the other side of the wall on to my shoulder,snapped my bicep clean.my back,was from who knows,I broke it apparently a few years ago,and it just gradually degenerated(spodylolisthesis)I guess all the years of training(football,wrestling,mma)just made it worse…

[quote]jjthesaint wrote:
shoulder feels great,back is totally fused,just weak. 7 weeks at 60mg a day…not sure what pct is? sorry,I’m a newbie,and don’t plan on making this a “habit”,(i use the term loosely)just want to get back where I was,a little faster…I’ve just always been very strong for my size naturally. I really appriciate you helping me out,I"ve done some research,but get so much conflicting or the same info,everywhere I look…so I figured why not just ask about my specific needs…every time I read about var only cycles,most everyone answers thinking of size gains,I just have no need to gain size…before my surgeries,i was 5’9" 160 at 8% bodyfat,w/o anything,now I’m 185…17 months of no exercise,and not as healthy of a diet (although I’ve changed it up alot a couple of weeks ago)no more junk food…anyway,I really do app. the help…have a great day![/quote]

Read the stickied thread at the top of the page ‘Newbie Thread’. It explains what PCT is and why it is necessary for most cycle.

[quote]jjthesaint wrote:
shoulder feels great,back is totally fused,just weak. 7 weeks at 60mg a day…not sure what pct is? sorry,I’m a newbie,and don’t plan on making this a “habit”,(i use the term loosely)just want to get back where I was,a little faster…I’ve just always been very strong for my size naturally. I really appriciate you helping me out,I"ve done some research,but get so much conflicting or the same info,everywhere I look…so I figured why not just ask about my specific needs…every time I read about var only cycles,most everyone answers thinking of size gains,I just have no need to gain size…before my surgeries,i was 5’9" 160 at 8% bodyfat,w/o anything,now I’m 185…17 months of no exercise,and not as healthy of a diet (although I’ve changed it up alot a couple of weeks ago)no more junk food…anyway,I really do app. the help…have a great day![/quote]

Hmm… firstly - without hostility - i think that your idea of ‘blessed with good genetics’ is vastly different from mine.

Secondly to DH, most AAS in specific doses are effective at increasing collagen synthesis but i fail to see how that will help fused vertebrae. I am sure it might, but i cannot see how.

Lastly OP - I think it won’t hurt. If you want to use a mild (read: weak) steroid to expedite your results - why not? Many love the results from var only… 60-80mg/day etc.

It will suppress some of your natty production, but not fully and you will recover with little to no PCT easily. IMO at least.

I would say that suppression is really a very easily recoverable problem when tackled correctly, and the most effective cycles will need to be suppressive. Most ‘steroid novices’ such as yourself think that if you did a ‘real’ bodybuilding cycle - Testosterone (shriek!) for example - then you will blow up. Not so.
More likely is with var you may notice an improvement, you may not. it is one of those things where you can’t really tell if you improved or not. whats the word… subtle! :wink:
With the Test cycle you will notice a marked improvement and no, you wont look bloated or like a bodybuilder… that takes specific effort :slight_smile:

Brook

[quote] Brook wrote:
jjthesaint wrote:
shoulder feels great,back is totally fused,just weak. 7 weeks at 60mg a day…not sure what pct is? sorry,I’m a newbie,and don’t plan on making this a “habit”,(i use the term loosely)just want to get back where I was,a little faster…I’ve just always been very strong for my size naturally. I really appriciate you helping me out,I"ve done some research,but get so much conflicting or the same info,everywhere I look…so I figured why not just ask about my specific needs…every time I read about var only cycles,most everyone answers thinking of size gains,I just have no need to gain size…before my surgeries,i was 5’9" 160 at 8% bodyfat,w/o anything,now I’m 185…17 months of no exercise,and not as healthy of a diet (although I’ve changed it up alot a couple of weeks ago)no more junk food…anyway,I really do app. the help…have a great day!

Hmm… firstly - without hostility - i think that your idea of ‘blessed with good genetics’ is vastly different from mine.

Secondly to DH, most AAS in specific doses are effective at increasing collagen synthesis but i fail to see how that will help fused vertebrae. I am sure it might, but i cannot see how.

Lastly OP - I think it won’t hurt. If you want to use a mild (read: weak) steroid to expedite your results - why not? Many love the results from var only… 60-80mg/day etc.

It will suppress some of your natty production, but not fully and you will recover with little to no PCT easily. IMO at least.

I would say that suppression is really a very easily recoverable problem when tackled correctly, and the most effective cycles will need to be suppressive. Most ‘steroid novices’ such as yourself think that if you did a ‘real’ bodybuilding cycle - Testosterone (shriek!) for example - then you will blow up. Not so.
More likely is with var you may notice an improvement, you may not. it is one of those things where you can’t really tell if you improved or not. whats the word… subtle! :wink:
With the Test cycle you will notice a marked improvement and no, you wont look bloated or like a bodybuilder… that takes specific effort :slight_smile:

Brook[/quote]

thanks for the info,but I’m not wanting to use it to help heal my fused vertebrea,I just want to strengthen my body from being down so long,and maybe help burn the fat a little faster,than with diet and exercise alone…I do understand that doing a “real” bodybuilding cycle will not make me blow up,I’m really only looking for that “subtle” kickstart,so my first day back training,won’t be like my very first day ever…right now all I can do is cardio, some light lifting,and some stretching, I’ve never been much of a lifter.that’s why I say I was blessed with good genetics,I’m old,short,and beat up,but I can still dunk a basketball,overpower guys that outweigh me by 40 lbs,and still run a 4.5 forty…most guys my age,have to work extremly hard,to be half the athlete I am.I have a sixteen y/o son,I can’t let him beat me at anything untill I’m at least 50…so at this point,I have to cheat a little…thanks buddy,have a good evening…

this is where I got the idea anavar may help burn midsecion fat’

Oral anabolic steroid treatment, but not parenteral androgen treatment, decreases abdominal fat in obese, older men.

Lovejoy JC, Bray GA, Greeson CS, Klemperer M, Morris J, Partington C, Tulley R.

Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808-4124, USA.

OBJECTIVE: To compare the effects of testosterone enanthate (TE), anabolic steroid (AS) or placebo (PL) on regional fat distribution and health risk factors in obese middle-aged men undergoing weight loss by dietary means.

DESIGN: Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, carried out for 9 months with primary assessments at 3 month intervals. Due to adverse blood lipid changes, the AS group was switched from oral oxandrolone (ASOX) to parenteral nandrolone decaoate (ASND) after the 3 month assessment point. SUBJECTS: Thirty healthy, obese men, aged 40-60 years, with serum testosterone (T) levels in the low-normal range (2-5 ng/mL).

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Abdominal fat distribution and thigh muscle volume by CT scan, body composition by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), insulin sensitivity by the Minimal Model method, blood lipids, blood chemistry, blood pressure, thyroid hormones and urological parameters.

RESULTS: After 3 months, there was a significantly greater decrease in subcutaneous (SQ) abdominal fat in the ASOX group compared to the TE and PL groups although body weight changes did not differ by treatment group. There was also a tendency for the ASOX group to exhibit greater losses in visceral fat, and the absolute level of visceral fat in this group was significantly lower at 3 months than in the TE and PL groups. There were significant main effects of treatment at 3 months on serum T and free T (increased in the TE group and decreased in the ASOX group) and on thyroid hormone parameters (T4 and T3 resin uptake significantly decreased in the ASOX group compared with the other two groups). There was a significant decrease in HDL-C, and increase in LDL-C in the ASOX group, which led to their being switched to the parenteral nandrolone decanoate (ASND) after 3 months. ASND had opposite effects on visceral fat from ASOX, producing a significant increase from 3 to 9 months while continuing to decrease SQ abdominal fat. ASND treatment also decreased thigh muscle area, while ASOX treatment increased high muscle. ASND reversed the effects of ASOX on lipoproteins and thyroid hormones. The previously reported effect of T to decrease visceral fat was not observed, in fact, visceral fat in the TE group increased slightly from 3 to 9 months, although SQ fat continued to decrease. Neither TE nor AS treatment resulted in any change in urologic parameters.

CONCLUSIONS: Oral oxandrolone decreased SQ abdominal fat more than TE or weight loss alone and also tended to produce favorable changes in visceral fat. TE and ASND injections given every 2 weeks had similar effects to weight loss alone on regional body fat. Most of the beneficial effects observed on metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors were due to weight loss per se. These results suggest that SQ and visceral abdominal fat can be independently modulated by androgens and that at least some anabolic steroids are capable of influencing abdominal fat.

I cannot at-all-conveniently at the moment or any time shortly access the full article, as it’s an hour’s drive to the nearest library that has it.

I had read the abstract before and found it interesting but too lacking in specifics to draw too much from. Not even dosages are given in the abstract.

There almost undoubtedly are interesting things to be found in the full article. Actually I had planned to go get them way back when, when it would have been easy, but I forget to ever do it.

Namely, how much oxandrolone were they taking? How? (Divided doses or not.) It says that free T was significantly different than starting values, but how much was T suppressed with that dose? Just a little or quite a lot?

What was the dose of Deca? Was it so pathetic as to be pretty highly suppressive of T yet itself even less effective than the T that was lost in its place? Is the finding relevant to a dose we would consider reasonable, or is the loss of thigh mass a product of being a worse-than-useless dose such as 100 mg/week?

Was the T ineffective for abdominal fat because it was a quite low dose and free T levels did not improve much, and the dosage was actually a less efficacious one overall than the oxandrolone dose?

What were the changes in thyroid hormone?

Were estrogen levels measured?

Due to your age and condition, I do not think AAS is the ideal “fix” for you. Anavar will help you lose fat, and strengthen your back, but it is not the primary fuction of anavar (or any other steroid). It is not cost effective. ($$ or health wise). Here is what I think is a reasonable approcah.

HGH @ 1-3 iu ED for as long as needed. (say 6 months)
Autologous blood injections (as many as you need)
physical therapy
Strict adherence to rehab protocol and training
strict diet

[quote]jjthesaint wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:

t

my shoulder,I was putting in a 12’ double 2x12 header(by myself) and it fell out the other side of the wall on to my shoulder,snapped my bicep clean. [/quote]

You did what?
I am sorry I am curious and I failed to understand this action.

As for your goals, I suggest rHGH with Allflutops ( BBB suggested the Allflutops to me a while back ).
Low carbs when off the GH or take insulin.
I am currently researching EPO but haven’t tried it yet.
I suggest you do your own research on the above.

[quote]mephistopheles wrote:

HGH @ 1-3 iu ED for as long as needed. (say 6 months)
[/quote]

Mephis, I am curious as to why you suggested 1-3 iu?
I am about to start a cycle of 4iu ( ED or EOD have not decided yet ) IV 2iu am 2iu pre-workout.

To the OP:

Also look at D3, B12 injections and MIC injections. I am getting a good boost from these and losing fat.

I know a few people that experienced significant side effects with 3+ iu per day. I know a couple of guys personally, they commented that legit HGH from pharmacy (via anti-aging clinics) seems to be more potent than generic chinese stuff.

If the dealer and those middleman put the GH kit in the trunk of a car, 10 mintues here, 20 mintues there, by the time it gets to you, it MAY be degraded (especially in summer). The potency of the product would definitely take a hit, don’t you think?

Also, consider that cheap generic rHGH have a lot more waste in it, as in protein fagments etc. It may cause undesireable reactions in the body. It will be fine for cell culture research, but not optimal for you and me.
Quality over quantity, that’s my take.

You can get rHGH for about $50 per mg. So it will cost the OP $20-50 per day. I would consider cartridge/pen delivery systems for more convinience. You can take it to work/training, and do multiple “GH pulses” per day.

I know a few people that experience significant side effects with 3+ iu per day. I know a coupld of guys personally, they comment that legit HGH from pharmacy (via anti-aging clinics) seems to be more potent than generic chinese stuff. If the dealer and those middleman put the GH kit in the trunk of a car, 10 mintues here, 20 mintues there, by the time it gets to you, it MAY be degraded (especially in summer). The potency of the product would definitely take a hit, don’t you think?

Also, consider that cheap generic rHGH have a lot more waste in it, as in protein fagments etc. It may cause undesireable reactions in the body. It will be fine for cell culture research, but not optimal for you and me.
Quality over quantity, that’s my take. [/quote]

Apart from the first line - what has that to do with the dosing recommendation?! lol!

Anyway - i just assumed you said 1-3iu/day simply due to ~2iu/day injected subcutaneously being the generally accepted dose for moderate connective tissue, anti-ageing and fat loss benefits.

I personally would love to be recommending IV/IM use - but having never done it myself i really can’t comment in such a specific manner - this i assumed was also a factor in your recommendation… Or was it just the fact that some guys suffer side effects in doses above 2-3iu/day?

I know a few people that experience significant side effects with 3+ iu per day. I know a coupld of guys personally, they comment that legit HGH from pharmacy (via anti-aging clinics) seems to be more potent than generic chinese stuff. If the dealer and those middleman put the GH kit in the trunk of a car, 10 mintues here, 20 mintues there, by the time it gets to you, it MAY be degraded (especially in summer). The potency of the product would definitely take a hit, don’t you think?[/quote]

Yes I do.[quote]

I agree.

legit HGH from pharmacy (via anti-aging clinics) seems to be more potent than generic . If the dealer and those middleman put the GH kit in the trunk of a car, 10 mintues here, 20 mintues there, by the time it gets to you, it MAY be degraded (especially in summer). The potency of the product would definitely take a hit, don’t you think?

X2