T Nation

Anavar for Ancients?(Over 40)

While reading a profile of Anavar/Oxandrolone,this line in particular caught my attention:"Athletes over forty should predomi nantly use Oxandrolone."

If this,for whatever reason,is true, that would mean that use of Carbolin 19 would also be advantageous to the pre-geezer crowd (except for the fact that Carbolin 19 does NOT provide dramatic results, leading some to doubt that it even works and/or being unable to pinpoint if it works because of taking other compounds while waiting for months to see results, if any. I assume Oxandrolone is much faster acting in this regard). Anyone care to postulate on why Anavar (or Carbolin 19?) would be the “Elixir of the Ancients?”, at least according to the person who wrote the profile I read? (or the Biotest Ad copy for Carbolin 19)…For the record, I am using Carbolin 19 at the moment (Anavar in the future perhaps?)

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
While reading a profile of Anavar/Oxandrolone,this line in particular caught my attention:"Athletes over forty should predomi nantly use Oxandrolone."

If this,for whatever reason,is true, that would mean that use of Carbolin 19 would also be advantageous to the pre-geezer crowd (except for the fact that Carbolin 19 does NOT provide dramatic results, leading some to doubt that it even works and/or being unable to pinpoint if it works because of taking other compounds while waiting for months to see results, if any. I assume Oxandrolone is much faster acting in this regard). Anyone care to postulate on why Anavar (or Carbolin 19?) would be the “Elixir of the Ancients?”, at least according to the person who wrote the profile I read? (or the Biotest Ad copy for Carbolin 19)…For the record, I am using Carbolin 19 at the moment (Anavar in the future perhaps?) [/quote]

I can’t think of any reason people in that age bracket would do particularly well with Var. Seems to me test would be best for them to account for the drops in test levels at that age.

Also, I think you’re comparing var and Carbolin 19 too closely. T-Nations release on Carbolin 19 indicates it supports natural test production. No anabolic steroid does this. Therefore I don’t think you can simply think of Carbolin 19 as a weaker var. I think all signs point to them being very different things altogether.

I’m older an LOVE var. If i could afford, I’d never go off. For me, and this seems to vary person to person, it doen’t shut down natural test at all. Love test too. Hell I love it all!!

Not sure what Carbolin 19 is, but if it’s legal, it’s probably not worth much…

[quote]Zell959 wrote:
I can’t think of any reason people in that age bracket would do particularly well with Var. Seems to me test would be best for them to account for the drops in test levels at that age.

Also, I think you’re comparing var and Carbolin 19 too closely. T-Nations release on Carbolin 19 indicates it supports natural test production. No anabolic steroid does this. Therefore I don’t think you can simply think of Carbolin 19 as a weaker var. I think all signs point to them being very different things altogether.[/quote]
I’m merely quoting and theorizing based on the profile I read…There is one undeniable superiority of Carbolin 19 (assuming it works as claimed of course) and that is the user does not have to come off, as you alluded to…It should be noted that there is at least one other company producing a “knockoff” of Carbolin 19, and the Biotest ad copy states that Carbolin 19 is superior to var…

[quote]mrcat wrote:
I’m older an LOVE var. If i could afford, I’d never go off. For me, and this seems to vary person to person, it doen’t shut down natural test at all. Love test too. Hell I love it all!!

Not sure what Carbolin 19 is, but if it’s legal, it’s probably not worth much…[/quote]
Read the write-up on Carbolin 19 at the Biotest store before dismissing it out of hand…Just click the store icon at the left of your screen…

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Zell959 wrote:
I can’t think of any reason people in that age bracket would do particularly well with Var. Seems to me test would be best for them to account for the drops in test levels at that age.

Also, I think you’re comparing var and Carbolin 19 too closely. T-Nations release on Carbolin 19 indicates it supports natural test production. No anabolic steroid does this. Therefore I don’t think you can simply think of Carbolin 19 as a weaker var. I think all signs point to them being very different things altogether.
I’m merely quoting and theorizing based on the profile I read…There is one undeniable superiority of Carbolin 19 (assuming it works as claimed of course) and that is the user does not have to come off, as you alluded to…It should be noted that there is at least one other company producing a “knockoff” of Carbolin 19, and the Biotest ad copy states that Carbolin 19 is superior to var…
[/quote]

I can understand comparing the two, because the Biotest info is pretty much centered around the comparison, but keep in mind thats a piece of marketing your reading. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

I am mid 40’s and love Var for hardness, strength increase, lack of bloat, etc. I have used it to start cycles and end cycles. I think over time it would effect your HPTA function but it’s pretty much liver friendly.

I feel the best while on Test, Test is king and for us pre-geezers right up the alley.

I use Alpha Male between cycles and all I can say is it’s a supplment and consider it works like a supplment.

[quote]Over40 wrote:
I am mid 40’s and love Var for hardness, strength increase, lack of bloat, etc. [/quote]
OK, does that mean you agree with the writer of the profile that over 40’s should primarily use Anavar (in preference, say, to test?)

[quote]I have used it to start cycles and end cycles. I think over time it would effect your HPTA function but it’s pretty much liver friendly.
[/quote]Hey,my liver needs all the friends it can get!/;-)[quote]

I feel the best while on Test, Test is king and for us pre-geezers right up the alley.[/quote]
Too late, I am a damn geezer!/;-)[quote]
I use Alpha Male between cycles and all I can say is it’s a supplment and consider it works like a supplment.[/quote]

Sooo…You are saying Alpha Male doesnt “feel like real gear” or that it doesnt help your PCT, or what? Not trying to break balls, just want feedback from one who’s actually experienced in the real world…

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Over40 wrote:
I am mid 40’s and love Var for hardness, strength increase, lack of bloat, etc.
OK, does that mean you agree with the writer of the profile that over 40’s should primarily use Anavar (in preference, say, to test?)

I guess you could cycle Var ONLY on and off. I think the writer, whoever he is, probably reccopmended Var since it is a mild steroid. All other orals have greater side effects. I have used T-bol, D-bol and Var. No winny since I have read to much about the negatives on joints, tendons and cartlidge.

I have used it to start cycles and end cycles. I think over time it would effect your HPTA function but it’s pretty much liver friendly.
Hey,my liver needs all the friends it can get!/:wink:

The other thing about liver health is using a ggod supplement. I use Milk Thistle off cycle and Liv 52 on.

I feel the best while on Test, Test is king and for us pre-geezers right up the alley.
Too late, I am a damn geezer!/:wink:

Try 4-6 weeks of test at 300-500 mgs a week and you’ll feel like a new man.

I use Alpha Male between cycles and all I can say is it’s a supplment and consider it works like a supplment.

Sooo…You are saying Alpha Male doesnt “feel like real gear” or that it doesnt help your PCT, or what? Not trying to break balls, just want feedback from one who’s actually experienced in the real world…

I guess I can feel AM a bit. I can tell when I don’t use it but its nothing like a steroid.

[/quote]

[quote]Over40 wrote:
I guess I can feel AM a bit. I can tell when I don’t use it but its nothing like a steroid.
[/quote]
So far, for me, Alpa Male doesnt exactly “want to make me bone fat chicks”, but it does make me aware that my Johnson is there and it wouldnt mind being used for more than a garden hose (and when you are over 50
that ain’t a bad thing/:wink: as for the fat loss aspect, not a lot seen there so far…