Anastrozole Before T and HCG Injections or Anytime

Not going to argue the point. Here’s some suggested reading on the subject. Both papers are available in full text PDF.

Comparisons of immunoassay and mass spectrometry measurements of serum estradiol levels and their influence on clinical association studies in men - PubMed.

There’s also a more recent position paper from the Endocrine Society: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259800851_Challenges_to_the_measurement_of_estradiol_an_endocrine_society_position_statement

I wasn’t arguing with you, just responding.

Try to have a better day.

Not really arguing, you stated “always” and “women’s assay” which is incorrect on both counts. I provided four (and I have others) examples with the LC/MS/MS level higher than the IA, so I don’t see an argument. The ECLIA version is not “for women” and I pointed out instances in which the LC/MS/MS is indicated and the test for women.

Thanks, but I’m familiar with both citations and as I mentioned, and they concurred, if CRP is an issue, sure, the sensitive test in the one. Agreed.

Regarding the Endocrine Society, is this the same group recommending 200mg testosterone cypionate every two to four weeks? They have zero credibility with TRT doctors. Besides, they also reference CRP as an issue with ECLIA testing, which is rarely the case in TRT practices. It’s a moot point.

Having a great day. Hope you’r is better.

Thank you!

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Thanks for clarifying the TC dosing in the prior response. I have no experience with topical T, so I’ll leave commenting to others who do.

Regarding dosing of anastrozole, when I was using an AI, I too had a problem with dosing small amounts. My E2 kept crashing. I found a method that seemed to work well which is to dissolve it into a small amount of an alcohol and dispense it by the drop in a glass of drinking water. I refined the method and posted it in another forum. Below is a copy/paste from that post. In the end, even small dosing of the AI still crashed my E2 and I stopped using it. Stability of the drug in an aqueous alcohol solution may be an issue, so I would make up a new batch each week.
Per prior comments, you may also wish to investigate the test method you are using as it can also influence results. My recommendation is the LC/MS test method.

Directions for Vodka/Eye Dropper Method of Dosing Arimidex (Anastrozole)

Obtain Medicine Eye Dropper & Bottle: Several Options are available from Amazon. I’ve only calibrated the drop size to dose for the Boston 30 mL Bottle + Measured Marked Dropper Top.

Place 1 (1 mg) tablet into bottle.

Add 1.5 mL vodka. Draw up to 0.75 mL twice with Boston measured dropper (~ 65 drops with Boston measured dropper)

Allow to dissolve completely (relatively quick). Final concentration is about 0.015 mg/drop

Dispense in first glass of drinking water every day. Amount depends on desired weekly dose. I find that with a T dose of ~117 mg per week using E3D dosing (~50 mg E3D) that between 3 to 5 drops per day is sufficient to keep my E levels within 50% to 75% of the upper end of the normal range.

1 drop/day = ~0.1 mg/week

2 drops/day = ~0.2 mg/week

3 drops/day = ~0.3 mg/week

4 drops/day = ~0.4 mg/week

5 drops/day = ~0.5 mg/week

Supply List

Anastrozole - I use Alpha Pharma Anazole™ brand obtained through alternative sources.

Vodka - Any brand 80 Proof (40% alcohol)

Hello Youthful,

There isn’t to much to it as I understand it, although I’m not a very analytical person. I can tell you that it’s “smoother” than injections since it’s a lower dose and it’s applied twice a day, rather than a few times a week to avoid spikes that would trigger an T conversion. I believe it has DHT in it, since moments after application I get a libido bounce. It also a compounded cream, not prepackaged. It’s a pleasant change for T-Cyp injections. Just a heads up from a novice.

Have a great day!

I don’t believe they usually would put DHT in the cream. Cream creates a higher DHT number because the 5a-reductase enzyme is in the skin and being that is where it is applied has a higher conversion rate versus injections. Applying to the scrotum I believe increases that conversion even more than just to normal skin. I would imagine that being due to even more 5a-reductase in that area. Or possibly just because the scrotal skin is more permeable, so better absorption.

That was very interesting. Thank you!

image001.jpg

1 Like