'Anastozole Makes You Feel Like Crap'?

Have you had your hemoglobin checked. Headaches and brain fog and fatigue are the symptoms I have when it gets high.

[quote]cobra003 wrote:
Kaynon311, are you still taking 12.5mg of Aromasin ED?[/quote]

Sorry. Been out of the loop for a couple of days.

Currently using liquid letrozole 0.5mg/EOD.

I thought exemestane was giving me insomnia while I was taking it. That probably wasn’t true, because I wasn’t absorbing the compounded cream, and I KNOW that low testosterone gives me insomnia.

[quote]Bodyd wrote:
Have you had your hemoglobin checked. Headaches and brain fog and fatigue are the symptoms I have when it gets high.[/quote]
I have never had any flags before on lipod labs. I have them done every 6 months because of Hep-C. The only thing every out of range is AST and ALT elevated sometimes.

Luckily I am an over responder to arimidex (anastrozole) so on my 200mg a week of test cyp I only take .25 1 time a week (when I am on HCG on top I take it twice). It gives me TERRIBLE anxiety for a day then goes away. Something that is very weird but just happens for a few hours about 5 hours after taking it

The nurse told me everything was fine but I always check my test results and mine was high. She didn’t even notice. Just throwing some of my experience your way to try and help. Good luck, keep searching for an answer.

I just checked with the compounding pharmacy that I use on the price of Letro, and Aromasin. For the Aromasin it will cost me about $120.00 a month, and the Letro $35.00 a month. I need to see my Dr. again for new lab, and he will need to write for either meds. I am thinking of trying the Letro first because it is a lot less $$$.

If I go with Aromasin I will have to do the research chem route, which I really don’t feel comfortable with.
I would like to get a idea of what dosages of Letro guys are taking so I will have an idea where to start. I know Kaynon311 is taking 0.5mg EOD.

I am starting to feel a little bit emotional again, so I know I will need something to control my E2.

[quote]cobra003 wrote:
I just checked with the compounding pharmacy that I use on the price of Letro, and Aromasin. For the Aromasin it will cost me about $120.00 a month, and the Letro $35.00 a month. I need to see my Dr. again for new lab, and he will need to write for either meds. I am thinking of trying the Letro first because it is a lot less $$$.

If I go with Aromasin I will have to do the research chem route, which I really don’t feel comfortable with.
I would like to get a idea of what dosages of Letro guys are taking so I will have an idea where to start. I know Kaynon311 is taking 0.5mg EOD.

I am starting to feel a little bit emotional again, so I know I will need something to control my E2.[/quote]

Question–did you notice these sides when taking Adex the first time around at a quarter dose? You said you increased it because the E2 levels were still a bit high, but did you notice these sides the first time around at the low dose? Or, were they less profound?

Reason I ask is because you do need something to control your E2, and I don’t know when your meeting with your doc for the letro is. If you think you can handle a small dose, just as a stop-gap measure until you get the script filled, I might try that to keep from getting overboard with the emotional stuff. I think it’s best to try the other compounds considering how you feel, I’m just not convinced letting E2 levels get way up there in the meantime is a good idea lol.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]cobra003 wrote:
I just checked with the compounding pharmacy that I use on the price of Letro, and Aromasin. For the Aromasin it will cost me about $120.00 a month, and the Letro $35.00 a month. I need to see my Dr. again for new lab, and he will need to write for either meds. I am thinking of trying the Letro first because it is a lot less $$$.

If I go with Aromasin I will have to do the research chem route, which I really don’t feel comfortable with.
I would like to get a idea of what dosages of Letro guys are taking so I will have an idea where to start. I know Kaynon311 is taking 0.5mg EOD.

I am starting to feel a little bit emotional again, so I know I will need something to control my E2.[/quote]

Question–did you notice these sides when taking Adex the first time around at a quarter dose? You said you increased it because the E2 levels were still a bit high, but did you notice these sides the first time around at the low dose? Or, were they less profound?

Reason I ask is because you do need something to control your E2, and I don’t know when your meeting with your doc for the letro is. If you think you can handle a small dose, just as a stop-gap measure until you get the script filled, I might try that to keep from getting overboard with the emotional stuff. I think it’s best to try the other compounds considering how you feel, I’m just not convinced letting E2 levels get way up there in the meantime is a good idea lol.[/quote]

I allready had the some of the sides when I started it. You know how it is when you start something new! It’s hard to figure out what is causing what at first. It wasn’t until later when it really started getting bad that I thought about stopping the Anastrozole to see if it was the culprit.

I know after 8 days off I tried another .25mg and felt the crappy feeling with the headache behind the eyes, hurt to watch TV, read, etc. Have to sleep to get rid of it, then it would come back after being awake for about 30 min. Now when off of it is non-existent.

I plan on getting to the Dr. right away so I don’t go to high. If I have to I can take another small dose. The sides only last about 2 days on 1 dose.

[quote]cobra003 wrote:
I just checked with the compounding pharmacy that I use on the price of Letro, and Aromasin. For the Aromasin it will cost me about $120.00 a month, and the Letro $35.00 a month. I need to see my Dr. again for new lab, and he will need to write for either meds. I am thinking of trying the Letro first because it is a lot less $$$.

If I go with Aromasin I will have to do the research chem route, which I really don’t feel comfortable with.
I would like to get a idea of what dosages of Letro guys are taking so I will have an idea where to start. I know Kaynon311 is taking 0.5mg EOD.

I am starting to feel a little bit emotional again, so I know I will need something to control my E2.[/quote]

What are the MG amounts for those prices?

There are liquid options for far cheaper…

Well I don’t know what the hell is going on. I have been feeling really good after stopping the Anastrozole but I can tell E2 is on it’s way back up. I am starting to feel a little more emotional, not bad yet, and my urine stream is getting weaker. I went ahead and took .25mg of Anastrozle Tuesday and no side effects from it. So today I took another today and still no sides. Before I was taking .5mg because lab was showing my E2 was still on the high side.

Because I haven’t had no labs in about 3 months I am wondering if maybe I bottomed my E2 out, and for some reason either the higher dose at .5mg and low E2 combined was causing the crappy feeling, or maybe just the difference between .5mg and .25mg is enough to make me feel bad. Who knows? I still need to do some more trial and error on my own and make sure I get labs before I make a change again.

I guess I will continue the Anastrozle for a while before trying another AI, and see how it goes. One thing for sure it is a long road to getting things figured out. I definitely know more then I did 2 years ago though. Well enough ranting!

Well, 0.25 mg is half the dose, so it is not surprising you feel different than on 0.5 mg. You may still develop side effects at this dose and if so you can even go lower.

E2 labs are notoriously unreliable, so unfortunately you have almost no other option than to go by how you feel.

The sweet spot for E2 is different for everybody anyway, so it makes little sense to say E2 is “high” or “low” based on labs unless it is really out of range. This is why E2 management is so difficult - people chase a number and never feel optimal on it instead of going by how they feel. They also forget that it may take a couple of weeks or even longer to stabilize on a particular dose of AI so they keep chaging the dose based on how they feel day to day, forgetting that if you feel good the first two days on a particular dose that does not mean much.

I buy my aromasin from all day chemist.

They sell Xtane brand for 39.69 for 30 which lasts me 2 months, and I buy 3
at a time. They also sell Pfizer brand 243.00 for a 90pc blister pack
which is 81.00 for 30.

Takes about 2 weeks to get to you, and shipping is 25.

Letro takes longer to work and if you take too much, its a longer ride at
the bottom. Letro has a longer amount of time needed to get to a blood
concentration that works, and it takes longer to come back up if you flat line
your e2 by mistake.

Aromasin has the shortest half life of all three (Adex, Aromasin, Letro).
I’ve only ever overshot it once and you bounce back in 2-4 days depending
on your dosages etc.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
Well, 0.25 mg is half the dose, so it is not surprising you feel different than on 0.5 mg. You may still develop side effects at this dose and if so you can even go lower.

E2 labs are notoriously unreliable, so unfortunately you have almost no other option than to go by how you feel.

The sweet spot for E2 is different for everybody anyway, so it makes little sense to say E2 is “high” or “low” based on labs unless it is really out of range. This is why E2 management is so difficult - people chase a number and never feel optimal on it instead of going by how they feel. They also forget that it may take a couple of weeks or even longer to stabilize on a particular dose of AI so they keep chaging the dose based on how they feel day to day, forgetting that if you feel good the first two days on a particular dose that does not mean much.[/quote]

I totally agree with you. I am going to start going by how I feel mainly. I feel better now then a while. Very good libido and morning wood etc.

Hey quick question… is xtane the same as armidex?

This is a four year old thread. And no, they’re not the same thing.