Anal Leakage - Squats and Deadlifts

I am surprised how little this is discussed but I am sure it is pretty common.

Squatting heavy loads puts a lot of pressure on the rectum, and literally (and crudely), “squeezes the shit” out of you. The loser one’s stool, the more annoying this can be. Since a high fiber diet is recommended for most lifters, loose (but normal) stools are common.

My question? What do most lifters do about this often untalked about issue? There are incontinence products and a female sanitary napkin can be modified to work in the anal area, but are there better solutions.

Of course an anal douche an hour before lifting will help, but that is not practical and frankly is a bit “over the top”.

I am really looking for practical advice.

I’ve found milled flax seed provides bulk without excessive looseness.

wow if this is a serious post ill just say i have never had a problem with this.

I’ve had friends who stick a 14" dildo up to counteract this. In all seriousness, how old are you, i’m 19 and thank god I never had to deal with this shit; bad pun intended.

Taking a dump before squat/leg pressing worked for me.

LMAO

Well ive always been told if your im a comp etc be sure to bring extra shorts shit happens bro, literally. If it does hell you know you strained, if ya didnt then maybe you didnt give your all :slight_smile:

Phill

wow, if this is serious then you should likely see a doctor. the gradual loosening of the anal sphincter can occur in some individuals over time. Also, note that there exist not only one but TWO sphincters in your asshole. Getting anal leakage through both is highly indicative of greater problems. more fiber should not be creating loose stools. You may have problems with the release of atrio-naturetic hormone that cause a loosening of your ass.

Also this is one of the symptoms of leaky gut syndrome or other lower intestine problems.

I wonder if the shit under heavy loads is truly a result of the strain or of issues regarding gut function. Eating spicy food can cause loosening of the sphincters over time as well. Good luck with that.

-chris

I would only somewhat haltingly report that at 43 I’ve never experienced this particular “issue”. Broken blood vessels in the face and eyes, but never “anal Leakage”. Should I feel left out?

I have been accused of “talking out of my ass”, but luckily I have never leaked.

I think we spotted the gay on the board…

jk of course

Once in college I was doing ME wide stance squats while coming off of food poisoning. On the platform next to me was possibly the hottest girl in the entire 20k student university, a volleyball player. I sharted at the bottom of my movement and I have no idea if she or anyone else noticed, but it was funny, in hindsight, me trying to slink out of the gym casually and cover up anything having happened.

If this is a regular problem for you though you should see a doc.

never had that happen before. although back in high school I remember not taking a shit for the whole day then all the sudden thought I was going to crap my pants while walking out the door to head home. I sprinted the entire way home in fear of a terrible pants shitting.

I’ve farted so badly I’ve cleared out the whole gym, but I have never anal leaked. In fact, I have never heard about it until the OP’s original post. In fact, maybe he is full of shit.

1. See a doctor
    Exhibit A: Weightlifting Accident - YouTube
    Exhibit B: - YouTube

Stretching a muscle to allow it to contract better has been proposed by many top bodybuilders. Therefore, using this logic, you should stretch your sphincter muscles before you squat so they stay contracted better. You can stretch them thoroughly by dropping your soap in jail.

…just drop a deuce before hitting the gym.

It should be normal operating procedure.

Uhh… Kegels?

[quote]entropy_fx wrote:
Stretching a muscle to allow it to contract better has been proposed by many top bodybuilders. Therefore, using this logic, you should stretch your sphincter muscles before you squat so they stay contracted better. You can stretch them thoroughly by dropping your soap in jail.[/quote]

I think he might be doing a little too much sphinter stretching…

[quote]mc40638 wrote:
The loser one’s stool, the more annoying this can be. Since a high fiber diet is recommended for most lifters, loose (but normal) stools are common.

I am really looking for practical advice.[/quote]

Bifidus bacteria. Get some yogurt that has probiotics, but the one you need is bifidus. give it a couple days and you shouldnt have loose stool anymore.