T Nation

Anadrol: Really That Bad For You?

I have long heard of anadrol being one something that will do the trick at 50-100 mg per day, will 150/day being high dose. I was looking at an MD description of anadrol online:

The dosing they suggest runs from 1 to 5 mg per kg of bodyweight. Am I reading this wrong or are they saying that a therepuetic dose for a 270 lb man would be on the order of 120 mg to 600 mg! Holy shit!

High theraputic dosages also include people with muscle deteriorating diseases. Some people are prescibed unbelievable amounts of anadrol to keep their body weight. I know one personally. His perscription reads 500mg daily on the syntex bottle.

BC

As a monotherapeutic, oxymetholone is used in the range of 1 to 5 mg/kg/day…but that is all as a hematopoietic…that is in fact what oxymetholone is meant and approved for… while body mass improvement and all such would be off label use.

If you are not suffering from any of the following conditions…such a high dosage or at least the high end of the range is just a spec below wise I would think;

Acquired aplastic anemia
Anemia of chronic renal failure
Fanconi’s anemia
Myelosuppression
PRCA

600mg of drol does sound a lot even for pros or the heaviest juicers. I’ve known some guys who took 4 a day for 200mg and rumors suggest some pros might be hitting 6 or 300mg but I’ve never heard of anyone using more than 300mg a day