T Nation

Anaconda Protocol Meets the Gearhead

Interesting to be sure, although many guys can barely afford their gear habits, aciliaries and food intake as it is.

I personally have little interest in insulin usage, which would seem to be somewhat limiting the potential of this protocol.

As much as it was a favor MP I feel Biotest may also have simply dolled some out to you to prove to you that it was decent and not a crock. As an outspoken critic and well respected member, your begrudging approval and even praise in this case will be plenty to convince the masses that it is not simply nonsense.

If the product works, as it apparently does, they have little to fear from skepticism and criticisms.

Hi there, any updates on this? While I don’t take gear, and I’m sure I’ve used the Anaconda I purchased incorrectly, this thread is still an interesting read :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Nothing of real signifigance. Done with the protocol, i enjoyed having the supps becasue they were free. If you were a top level athlete looking for a marginal edge after exhausting all common resources then yes i think it would make a difference. If you are a recreational bodybuilder/lifter then i think you are crazy to spend that kind of money on ANY supplement, i don’t care what it is.

I think that is the mistake alot make when thinking about this stuff, a product can be good and still not really be “RIGHT” for your individual needs. I know for me the cost is no where near justifiable and i maintain a pretty good physique at around 270lbs. The absolute best things you can do that will make REAL impact in your long term goals and health are as follows (and i will argue this into the ground with anyone)

1. A good probiotic (if you are not absorbing what you take in then nothing matters period)
  2. adequate protein (i use Metabolic Drive to boost TOTAL protein intake to a minimum of 1 gram per pound)
  3. Multi-vitamin (use Thorne now, pretty much salivating waiting on Biotest brand)
  4. Multi mineral (Biotest mineral support as directed)
  5. Fish oil (i use Flameout, there simply is no more thouroughly researched method to good health)
  6. Creatine (basic pwdered creatine, search ergo-log.com for creatine research this stuff is so much more than people give it credit for)
  7. Vitamin d3 (i take 10000iu per day based on extensive blood analysis, i would recommend 5000iu per day to anyone)

Yes , i truly beleive those things will do FAR more for you than any of the latest flashy supps out there…this is the foundation…wi9thout it your house will not stand or at best be on “shaky ground”

[quote]morepain wrote:
Nothing of real signifigance. Done with the protocol, i enjoyed having the supps becasue they were free. If you were a top level athlete looking for a marginal edge after exhausting all common resources then yes i think it would make a difference. If you are a recreational bodybuilder/lifter then i think you are crazy to spend that kind of money on ANY supplement, i don’t care what it is.

I think that is the mistake alot make when thinking about this stuff, a product can be good and still not really be “RIGHT” for your individual needs. I know for me the cost is no where near justifiable and i maintain a pretty good physique at around 270lbs. The absolute best things you can do that will make REAL impact in your long term goals and health are as follows (and i will argue this into the ground with anyone)

1. A good probiotic (if you are not absorbing what you take in then nothing matters period)
  2. adequate protein (i use Metabolic Drive to boost TOTAL protein intake to a minimum of 1 gram per pound)
  3. Multi-vitamin (use Thorne now, pretty much salivating waiting on Biotest brand)
  4. Multi mineral (Biotest mineral support as directed)
  5. Fish oil (i use Flameout, there simply is no more thouroughly researched method to good health)
  6. Creatine (basic pwdered creatine, search ergo-log.com for creatine research this stuff is so much more than people give it credit for)
  7. Vitamin d3 (i take 10000iu per day based on extensive blood analysis, i would recommend 5000iu per day to anyone)

Yes , i truly beleive those things will do FAR more for you than any of the latest flashy supps out there…this is the foundation…wi9thout it your house will not stand or at best be on “shaky ground”

[/quote]

Interesting. Morepain is there a brand of probiotic that you prefer? For a natural what sort of beneficial knowledge can be acquired from extensive blood analysis? Simply how much vitamin D3 one should take? I alternate back and forth between 5000IU of Vitamin D3 and 2 tbsp of Cod liver oil.

metagenics…ultraflora plus DF capsules

a full funcitonal medicine analysis provides you with more useful information than you can ever beleive…full analysis of hormones/nuerotransmitters/catecholomines/vitamins/minerals/proteins/amino acid levels/lipid profile etc … now imagine how much more efficient your supplement choices would be if you were armed with that knowledge?

[quote]morepain wrote:
metagenics…ultraflora plus DF capsules

a full funcitonal medicine analysis provides you with more useful information than you can ever beleive…full analysis of hormones/nuerotransmitters/catecholomines/vitamins/minerals/proteins/amino acid levels/lipid profile etc … now imagine how much more efficient your supplement choices would be if you were armed with that knowledge? [/quote]

So if I was interested in getting this, do I just ask my doctor for “Blood Work”?

GO TO FUNCTIONALMEDICINE.ORG find someone in your area that will do a full functional medicine analysis, it is not cheap…but it gives you a true picture of what is going on inside your body…with good insurance i only paid about $500 the tests if i had to pay out of pocket would have been over $3000