T Nation

Anaconda Dosage by Bodyweight?

I can’t seem to post in the Anaconda forum, I guess because I’m not a “user”, so I’ll throw it up here and see what people have to say:

Forgive me if it has been asked/answered, but I haven’t seen it anywhere. I weigh 170 lbs. Does it make sense for someone my size to be using as much as someone who weighs 200 or 220 lbs?

Surge Recovery has dosages based on body weight and I don’t think I would be too far off to think that the Anaconda Protocol would too. I would think that 2 Finibars and 1.5-2 scoops would work. Not thinking about cost, more about what my body actually needs. Thoughts?

[quote]buck mulligan wrote:
I can’t seem to post in the Anaconda forum, I guess because I’m not a “user”, so I’ll throw it up here and see what people have to say:

Forgive me if it has been asked/answered, but I haven’t seen it anywhere. I weigh 170 lbs. Does it make sense for someone my size to be using as much as someone who weighs 200 or 220 lbs?

Surge Recovery has dosages based on body weight and I don’t think I would be too far off to think that the Anaconda Protocol would too. I would think that 2 Finibars and 1.5-2 scoops would work. Not thinking about cost, more about what my body actually needs. Thoughts?[/quote]

If you want the FULL benefits, go with the FULL protocol. Why change something that works? Everyone needs calories–if you want to put on some weight, at least. And this is just an FYI, but I am only 20 years old and about 146-147 pounds. I plan on using the FULL protocol along with two to three regular meals and incorporating the carb cycling, as suggested by CT.

And keep in mind that your body will only benefit from the nutrients in the FULL protocol if you are consuming meals that are spaced out enough–that goes for anyone, no matter what age, bodyweight, etc. For example, don’t use the FULL protocol if you ate chicken and rice or some other protein source and carbs 30 minutes before using the FULL protocol. That’s my take on it, but I would humbly like to hear what others have to say as well.

I think you just need to try it. Who knows, maybe if you’re doing 50-60 minute workouts for legs, you need the full protocol, while if you just do back/chest you don’t.

I don’t think you should be afraid of experimenting to see what works for you.

[quote]buck mulligan wrote:
I can’t seem to post in the Anaconda forum, I guess because I’m not a “user”, so I’ll throw it up here and see what people have to say:

Forgive me if it has been asked/answered, but I haven’t seen it anywhere. I weigh 170 lbs. Does it make sense for someone my size to be using as much as someone who weighs 200 or 220 lbs?

Surge Recovery has dosages based on body weight and I don’t think I would be too far off to think that the Anaconda Protocol would too. I would think that 2 Finibars and 1.5-2 scoops would work. Not thinking about cost, more about what my body actually needs. Thoughts?[/quote]

Not all substances are doses dependant on body weight. Anaconda and MAG-10 arren’t. Actually, the more you take, the more you’ll grow and the better you’ll recover. I know this for a fact because I’ve experimented with some pretty hefty doses of both (the fun of having the product for free and being asked to test its limits!).

So no, a 170lbs individual doesn’t need (and probably shouldn’t) lower the dose.

The only thing that I would see requiring adjustment is the training volume: a very high volume probably requiring more than a low volume workout.

I could see the FINiBARS being body weight-dependant. At 170 I would probably use 2 bars instead of 3.

any comment on the upper limit of MAG-10 effectiveness CT?

Coach, Wouldn’t Anaconda be overkill for people that light or just starting out?

Most importantly, when will the program be out?

[quote]heavysession wrote:
Coach, Wouldn’t Anaconda be overkill for people that light or just starting out?[/quote]

It would if the individual can’t (doesn’t have the capacity to push it to the limit yet or can’t recruit many HTMU) or doesn’t want to train hard.

I’ve seen “beginners” who could benefit from the protocol and “experienced” (I wouldn’t say advanced) that wouldn’t.

Is there a bodyweight dosage for SWF? ( i’m 5’5 155lbs)

[quote]kinghandle wrote:
Is there a bodyweight dosage for SWF? ( i’m 5’5 155lbs)[/quote]

The label recommendations should be fine for someone your size.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]
I could see the FINiBARS being body weight-dependant. At 170 I would probably use 2 bars instead of 3.[/quote]

That’s what I’ve been doing with the original protocol and it’s worked very well.

Good question TS, I was wondering the same.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

So no, a 170lbs individual doesn’t need (and probably shouldn’t) lower the dose.
.[/quote]

What about liquid intake?

CT,

I am a very close friend of Dr. Z’s and he floated me a tub of the ANACONDA prior to its release. I used 2 scoops (at 200-205 lbs.) prior to training for 6 weeks. The results I got were great. I am now weighing in at 215-220 lbs. I was really impressed with the fact that I did not have a bad workout…EVER! I never really felt fatigued and was looking for more during a few of the workouts.

I have been involved in many research studies with Dr. Z and this is the best stuff since creatine hit the market in the late '90s. I have not seen or experienced results like this in my 10 years as a collegiate strength coach. I’ll shoot you the workout I used for the experiment along with some of the training numbers. Keep up the good work!

[quote]CoachBob wrote:
CT,

I am a very close friend of Dr. Z’s and he floated me a tub of the ANACONDA prior to its release. I used 2 scoops (at 200-205 lbs.) prior to training for 6 weeks. The results I got were great. I am now weighing in at 215-220 lbs. I was really impressed with the fact that I did not have a bad workout…EVER! I never really felt fatigued and was looking for more during a few of the workouts.

I have been involved in many research studies with Dr. Z and this is the best stuff since creatine hit the market in the late '90s. I have not seen or experienced results like this in my 10 years as a collegiate strength coach. I’ll shoot you the workout I used for the experiment along with some of the training numbers. Keep up the good work!

[/quote]
I ll be interested in the workout…were you taking the Alpha-GPC and the FINiBARs??..or you were taking only the ANACONDA…