T Nation

Anaconda at 160lbs

Hey guys,

I'm planning to start the Anaconda protocol once things balance out financially (hopefully shortly after x-mas). My plan is to go back on I,BB with the Anaconda protocol.

My question is; would the full protocol; 3 FINiBARs, 3 scoops Anaconda, 2 Scoops MAG-10 be overkill for a guy who is 5'8" and about 160-165lbs? I plan on following a 3-meal a day plan very similar to what Miyaki wrote about. I'm already on something similar so it won't be much of a change.

I'm relatively lean and may try to lean out more just before starting. My goals are to gain as much mass as possible on I,BB and worry about dropping any "excess" weight after.

On a side note; gaining weight has always been a bit of a struggle for me as I've always found it hard to maintain proper calorie intake for a sustained amount of time, which is why I'm leaning towards protocol one.

I know this is obviously something I'll probably need to try for myself but any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers.

"On a side note; gaining weight has always been a bit of a struggle for me as I've always found it hard to maintain proper calorie intake for a sustained amount of time, which is why I'm leaning towards protocol one."

You need to fix this first.

I can maintain healthy eating and a diet, but 3-4 months of 3500+ calories a day is where I struggle. The Protocol is over 1000. I can handle 3 meals equalling 2500.

To clarify, the problem for me is maintaining 5-7 meals a day. It's not realistic for me, but 3 large meals is.

You can't sneak a 4rth meal in there somewhere? Maybe 4-6 ounces of almonds?

You will def. Put on some weight at 3500 calories a day. Just make sure there clean calories.

I did a run thru of IBB and got considerable stronger. I feel like I'm getting bigger now that I've switched to a more bbing oriented cycle.

Experimenting with the different muscle fibers.

As to your question, its not over kill. Your 160, don't lean out anymore, get your body use to eating more calories.

Ok I was being a bit dramatic. I can usually sneak in a shake right before bed or something like that.

Lately, right before I go to bed I've been drink a "Fat Shake" that I got from "The 4-Hour Body". Only on training days though. It consists of; 12 oz's Whole Milk, 4 Tbsp Almond Butter, 2 egg yolks (I use whole eggs), 3 Tbsp Chia seeds, and some cinnamon and vanilla.

I have done a plan where I ate 4000 calorie (mostly clean) a day for a about 3 months but I wasn't doing an ideal program to support that I so gain a lot of fat.

I figure I'll be ok, with the whole protocol as long as the rest of my diet supports it, I just wanted to see if anyone around my size had a really bad experience; maybe lots of fat gain or something.

You don't need to eat 5-7 meals a day, 3 is fine.

If you wanna do the protocol, that's fine too. It's your money, people online will never know if you have taken it or not. Lol

You shouldn't gain fat because Anoconda is really good at recovery and helps keep the intensity up during training.

Take your intensity up a notch and the nutrients will go into the right places (muscle not fat)

Yeah I'm not doing it to impress people online, lol.

However, the reasons you pointed out are why I want to try it. It'll give me a surplus of effective useful calories that will help me drive through a workout with more intensity.

As far as the money, I don't mind spending it if it will benefit me; right now it's just a cash flow issue.

GOMAD -cheap and impossible not to gain

Do you do the 4-Hour Body?

You may want to get a real program for the new year too.

True,
GOMAD is cheap and your will gain something.

He said he's doing IBodybuilder, in the first post. (no comment on that as i've never done it).

Add ice cream to your shake then your cooking!