Anabolics in My Whey Protein? Hormones Feel Messed Up

Guys I really need some advice. I’ve been getting back in shape the last 4 months, mainly living in a deficit and weightlifting trying to take off fat i gained in a relationship. I’ve been training like a beast and been very consistent with my diet. But I started to notice that I’m getting results that are “too good” losing fat, getting stronger slowly and gaining a little size. I started leaning in on my whey to try and get 1.2g/lb and was taking 4 scoops a day sometimes. Sooner or later my back started breaking out too hard. I got caught up hard this week with a lady friend and missed out on the gym and my shakes.

And this is where i feel like i started to notice that i felt flat all of a sudden. not horny either. Im usually horny 24/7. My questions are this; what compound(s) do you think are in there? it’s from ON, and i ahve the batch number, can sue these guys if this is spiked? When i was younger i used a spiked protein and gained a very slight gyno, virtually unnoticeable. When i had that week off of lifting and my shakes i felt like it was getting bigger. not swollen, but like “full”. Should i stop cold turkey? Should i run some sort of pct?

Please give me some advice from someone who knows whats up, I need some clarity here. I’m worried i wrecked my hormones or something, I’ve always been a natty proponent for that exact reason. Thanks in advance guys.

Optimum Nutrition is not spiking your protein. I would bet every dollar I had on that and borrow some more to increase the wager. Your probably seeing a slight shift in hormones due to the new nutrition plan and increased work outs. Thats it.

2 Likes

Fake natty

1 Like

Username checks out

4 Likes

alright y’all appreciate the straight forwardness. will get my labs to ease my mind. stay jacked

Please do, and post results.

Yep. It’s so easy to go down rabbit holes when something is amiss (I know I’ve done it), but Occam’s Razor is certainly in play here. Thinking logically, it would be odd to NOT feel different when simultaneously making drastic changes to both your diet and training intensity.

But, as some advice, I’d start to shift away from a short-term solution (eating small, training big) into a more sustainable approach.

Lol ive been taking ON whey for years and i WISH it was anabolic lol! ON are a big, legit company and they would absolutely not do that.

wouldn’t be the first time

News that Bodybuilding.com has pled guilty to selling dietary supplements spiked with
steroids - and agreed to pay a $7m fine - proves the FDA is “not blowing smoke” when it says
it will crack down on adulterated products, says one analytical testing expert.
James Neal-Kababick, director at Oregon-based Flora Research Laboratories, was speaking
to NutraIngredients-USA after Bodybuilding.com and former president Jeremy DeLuca pled
guilty to introducing and delivering misbranded drugs

:scream::scream::scream::scream:

1 Like

and I wish I could have shared that with you privately. all I’ve done is confirm OP’s bias.

1 Like

Nah, he’s gonna go get a $300 hormone panel because he’s worried someone put testosterone in his protein powder.

Then his labs will come back, he’ll see himself at the bottom of the lab range and start asking about TRT.

4 Likes

Surely this is just muscle memory and a whole bunch of overthinking?

1 Like

No whey you believe this.

4 Likes

Well I changed from smooth peanut butter to crunchy peanut butter and my lifts have gone up so WHO KNOWS WHAT’S GOING ON?

2 Likes