Anabolic Diet

[quote]silvatomas wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]silvatomas wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]silvatomas wrote:
Hi!
I need some help from you guys.

I’m starting the AD but i’m having a bit of trouble believing how much calories i need to eat :smiley:

I’m 5’9/10 and 244lb or 179cm and 111kg.

Kinda fatty, yes :slight_smile:

But should i start the AD with like 18xmy weight in lb’s ?!
That’s like 4392calories :o

Can you guys give me a help ? On the other hand the Cunningham (or whatever it’s called :D) formula said something on the rounds of 3750 so i was thinking of starting the AD on 3600cals.

What do you guys think ?[/quote]

IME, those calculators are never accurate… i assume you’re trying to lose fat with the AD?

if so, i would just start by keeping your cals the same for now and switch to the AD style of eating for a couple weeks and see if its for you or not (i.e. you dont crash without carbs)

how many cals are you eating now? are you bulking still? are you transitioning into fat loss? the more info you give the better…[/quote]

Hi!
Thanks for the reply!
To be honest i haven’t dieted for a long time so i haven’t been controlling how much i eat lately.

I want to lose fat, shred everything i gained back after 2 years of doing nothing :confused:
The calculators as i said point to 3700cals but i’m afraid that will be too much and i start gaining fat/weight fast…

Maybe i should start around 3300cal ? What do you think ?

Cheers![/quote]

if i were in your position i would start at 3250 cals per day, and have 1 carb up day per week. you can toy with the set up to see how your body reacts obviously…

i assume you are lifting HEAVY 4 or 5 times a week now?[/quote]

More like 3 times with cardio (low intensity, climbing)…

So should i do the 3250 or lower even ?

Cheers![/quote]

well i would highly recommend bumping that up to 4 at least but 3x a week works for some…

im gonna PM you bc i dont want to clog the thread up…

[quote]DH wrote:
Hang in there. Its likely gonna get a bit rough for the next 2-4 days. I thought I was freakin dying after day 4 or so. Felt small and my whole body was burning.

It will pass. This is where people either give up or break through.

I’ve got a guy at work doing this (we have much smaller loads as he doesn’t resistance train) who has lost 130 lbs since Sept 2010. Thats about 8.5 months to go from 403 down to 269.

Now about 12 more people have hit me up as well. I must admit, working with women on this often drives me nuts. They are SO brainwashed about fat and they are often subject to emotional eating…

DH

[quote]Oregand wrote:
All hail the DH!

Haha, seriously man I read the other thread you did on the AD. The information you gave out was great and you look like a tank in the pictures that were up.

3 days in, no crash yet but feeling seriously weak. Like the BB just feels heavy, persist I shall![/quote]
[/quote]

couldnt find the thread… could someone post the link?

Really miss you around here DH. What has been your consensus on optimal workout nutrition. I remember your interactions with CT a year or two ago about protein speed when all the casein hydrolysate stuff was just getting more popular. Did you ever come to any conclusions?

DH…what a stud.

Is it a supposed to be low protein on the weekends?

`130 lbs is amazing progress, especially since he doesn’t weight train. Results like that just cant be argued with.

I think were all a bit prone to emotional eating but women defiantly have it worse and its hard for anyone to throw off the dogma that “fat will make you fat”. I have to constantly remind myself it doesnt work like that when eating whole eggs and fatty steak.

Yeah id say the next week is gonna be make or break, even today I felt so zombie like. Its the strangest feeling in the world, your just tapped, both physically and mentally. I look smaller, fatter and feel weaker but like they say “no pain, no game!”.

@MAF

Heres the link your looking for,

[quote]DH wrote:
Hang in there. Its likely gonna get a bit rough for the next 2-4 days. I thought I was freakin dying after day 4 or so. Felt small and my whole body was burning.

I’ve got a guy at work doing this (we have much smaller loads as he doesn’t resistance train) who has lost 130 lbs since Sept 2010. Thats about 8.5 months to go from 403 down to 269.

Now about 12 more people have hit me up as well. I must admit, working with women on this often drives me nuts. They are SO brainwashed about fat and they are often subject to emotional eating…

DH

[quote]Oregand wrote:
All hail the DH!

Haha, seriously man I read the other thread you did on the AD. The information you gave out was great and you look like a tank in the pictures that were up.

3 days in, no crash yet but feeling seriously weak. Like the BB just feels heavy, persist I shall![/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]Oregand wrote:
`130 lbs is amazing progress, especially since he doesn’t weight train. Results like that just cant be argued with.

I think were all a bit prone to emotional eating but women defiantly have it worse and its hard for anyone to throw off the dogma that “fat will make you fat”. I have to constantly remind myself it doesnt work like that when eating whole eggs and fatty steak.

Yeah id say the next week is gonna be make or break, even today I felt so zombie like. Its the strangest feeling in the world, your just tapped, both physically and mentally. I look smaller, fatter and feel weaker but like they say “no pain, no game!”.

@MAF

Heres the link your looking for,

[quote]DH wrote:

DH

[quote]Oregand wrote:
All hail the DH!

[/quote]
[/quote]

thanks buddy

oh and it’s “no pain, no GAIN” :wink:

[quote]n-a wrote:

[quote]wannabebig25 wrote:
anybody have any good ground beef recipes? it becomes a staple for me when im on the AD and it gets boring cooking it the same way all the time. i just load it up with cheese and some onions (5g carbs in 1/2 onion) and eat it lol.[/quote]
Low carb meat loaf.

2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
8 oz can of tomato sauce
3 T soy sauce (I use low sodium/lite soy sauce)
1 T onion powder
1 T dried parsley
ground black pepper to taste
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 whole eggs (you could use Egg Beaters if you want… I used free range eggs)
1/2 c Parmesan cheese (you want the powdery kind, like Kraft in a can, not shreds. This is the binder).
1 piece of raw bacon (trust me. I used Hormel frozen bacon, 40 calories in 1 slice) cut up as fine as you can

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix everything together in a bowl. I use my hands. Mush it all up good.
Put the mixture into a casserole dish. Smooth the top a bit. Bake uncovered for 1 hour 10 minutes. I checked mine in the center with a meat thermometer (160+). Take it out of the oven and CAREFULLY pour off the fat. Do not hurt yourself. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes, then serve

Good stuff. Maybe 4 or 5 g carbs per pound. [/quote]

im DEFINITELY going to have to try this. thanks!

day 6 of being back on the AD, after a long trial of adding carbs back into my diet (didnt work). came down with a cold on day 4…coincidence?

strength in the gym has plummeted, endurance non existent. i anticipate ill make the metabolic switch over by day 8 or 9, then a much needed carbup on day 12!

supplementing with a preworkout… creatine, caffeine, AAKG, the works (6g of carbs). and sipping on BCAAs during workout. any other suggestions to survive the next few workouts til my carbup?

edit: and keto breathe is fucking annoying. dry mouth and it tastes like i ate something really sweet.

So what’s the verdict on coconut milk with the diet? I know some recommend a scoop of whey in some heavy cream, but coconut milk is very similar in cals and fat content with zero carbs. I only ask, because it seems like a perfect candidate during the week day dieting, but I never see it on any of the online lists of “allowed” foods.

[quote]tnt2005 wrote:
Is it a supposed to be low protein on the weekends?[/quote]

Yes. Something like 10% of your cals from protein.

[quote]n-a wrote:

anybody have any good ground beef recipes? it becomes a staple for me when im on the AD and it gets boring cooking it the same way all the time. i just load it up with cheese and some onions (5g carbs in 1/2 onion) and eat it lol.[/quote]
Low carb meat loaf.

8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 T onion powder
1 T dried parsley
1/2 c Parmesan cheese (you want the powdery kind, like Kraft in a can, not shreds. This is the binder).
1 piece of raw bacon (trust me. I used Hormel frozen bacon, 40 calories in 1 slice) cut up as fine as you can

Put the mixture into a casserole dish. Smooth the top a bit. Bake uncovered for 1 hour 10 minutes. I checked mine in the center with a meat thermometer (160+). Take it out of the oven and CAREFULLY pour off the fat. Do not hurt yourself. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes, then serve

im DEFINITELY going to have to try this. thanks![/quote]
No problem. Can’t complain about limited food choices on a low carb plan if you know your way around the kitchen a little bit.

[quote]n-a wrote:

[quote]n-a wrote:

Low carb meat loaf.

8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 T onion powder
1 T dried parsley

im DEFINITELY going to have to try this. thanks![/quote]
No problem. Can’t complain about limited food choices on a low carb plan if you know your way around the kitchen a little bit. [/quote]

also cant complain about eating steak several times a week haha :slight_smile:

Discovered zero-carb pancakes this morning:
4 large eggs
2 ~100g italian sausage links
2oz feta cheese
oregano, black pepper, garlic powder to taste

Blender. Hit liquify until it reaches batter consistency. Throw on a skillet with some olive oil. It does stick together just like a pancake! And it’s delicious!

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
4 large eggs
2oz feta cheese

Blender. Hit liquify until it reaches batter consistency. Throw on a skillet with some olive oil. It does stick together just like a pancake! And it’s delicious![/quote]

I don’t doubt you, but reading that sounds absolutely awful.

[quote]ajweins wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
4 large eggs
2oz feta cheese

Blender. Hit liquify until it reaches batter consistency. Throw on a skillet with some olive oil. It does stick together just like a pancake! And it’s delicious![/quote]

I don’t doubt you, but reading that sounds absolutely awful.[/quote]

Oh, it absolutely looks awful until it cooks on the skillet. After that, I promise…you won’t regret it.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]ajweins wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
4 large eggs
2oz feta cheese

I don’t doubt you, but reading that sounds absolutely awful.[/quote]

Oh, it absolutely looks awful until it cooks on the skillet. After that, I promise…you won’t regret it. [/quote]

so basically a sausage pattie? that sounds awesome to me

^more like a pancake as far as texture. Trust me.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
^more like a pancake as far as texture. Trust me. [/quote]

interesting. ill have to try that soon

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
So what’s the verdict on coconut milk with the diet? I know some recommend a scoop of whey in some heavy cream, but coconut milk is very similar in cals and fat content with zero carbs. I only ask, because it seems like a perfect candidate during the week day dieting, but I never see it on any of the online lists of “allowed” foods.

[/quote]

Because coconut milk is a medium chain fat I’ve read that it can be synthesized differently and therefore detrimental to the ketosis you’re trying to attain.

My take on the diet:just stick to good old fashioned shots of olive oil, eat tons of meat, and enough veggies. Also make sure to drink water at least every hour because without the glycogen stores you’re body doesn’t store as much water and WATER IS CRUCIAL.

[quote]benjafflolz wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[/quote]

Because coconut milk is a medium chain fat I’ve read that it can be synthesized differently and therefore detrimental to the ketosis you’re trying to attain.

My take on the diet:just stick to good old fashioned shots of olive oil, eat tons of meat, and enough veggies. Also make sure to drink water at least every hour because without the glycogen stores you’re body doesn’t store as much water and WATER IS CRUCIAL.
[/quote]

Thanks buddy. I realized after posting that a can of coconut milk is actually 15g of carbs…which is tough to justify keeping around during the week. I have invested in some heavy whipping cream. Damn that is good stuff with some whey.

As far as meat, earlier this week I went through 2 1/2 lbs of lamb over two meals like it was nothing…lol.

I have learned about water the hard way. Non stop dry mouth…I need to upgrade to a bigger water bottle!