Anabolic Diet or Atkins?

I’ve been trying the anabolic diet for two weeks, and I’m not crazy about the way it makes me feel - my attention span is horrible, and at times I feel like I’m sleepwalking. This is during the week. Weekends are a bit more normal.

To clarify, I lot a bunch of weight (80 lbs) a few years ago, and have plateaud ever since. Been lifting weights in that time since, but have no desire to get huge - just want to get lean and compact.

Given the AD’s emphasis on the weekend carb loading, I’m wondering if it’s right for a guy who just wants to lose his last little bit of stubborn fat. Should I be doing Atkins instead, if I’m not interested in becoming Mr. Olympia?

The anabolic diet worked great for me for leaning up even though I wasn’t eating what I would consider “cutting” calories.

I dare say I added mass and lost fat at the same time.

I wasn’t a novice at the time, either.

[quote]gentlegiant112 wrote:
I’ve been trying the anabolic diet for two weeks, and I’m not crazy about the way it makes me feel - my attention span is horrible, and at times I feel like I’m sleepwalking. This is during the week. Weekends are a bit more normal.

To clarify, I lot a bunch of weight (80 lbs) a few years ago, and have plateaud ever since. Been lifting weights in that time since, but have no desire to get huge - just want to get lean and compact.

Given the AD’s emphasis on the weekend carb loading, I’m wondering if it’s right for a guy who just wants to lose his last little bit of stubborn fat. Should I be doing Atkins instead, if I’m not interested in becoming Mr. Olympia?[/quote]

If you’ve only been on the AD two weeks you shouldn’t have any “weekends” yet… Are you following the diet and eating the recommended calories? You can’t use it to lose weight for at least a couple weeks.

And don’t ever use the phrase “no desire to get huge” or “I’m not interested in becoming Mr. Olympia”. Seriously. Never. Makes you sound like an idiot on this forum.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
<<< And don’t ever use the phrase “no desire to get huge” or “I’m not interested in becoming Mr. Olympia”. Seriously. Never. Makes you sound like an idiot on this forum.[/quote]

LOL!! No doubt. Better be careful or you’ll walk in front of a mirror one day horrified at how you suddenly look like an Olympia contender.

BTW, 2 weeks is 6-8 weeks short of enough time to be sure how you feel.

Be patient gentlegiant, the body does not initially like being told that they will be operating differently from now on(fat for energy instead of carbs). Once you fully adapt you will likely be very happy you stuck with the diet.

I’ll agree w/ ghost22 about adding mass while dropping fat. I’ve really been impressed w/ that. I’ve been doing the AD now since the end of July.

I don’t however think it’s the “right” diet for losing the last few pounds. For me, I will use the AD to add muscle while losing fat slowly for most of the year and switch to a “pure fat loss” diet when I really want to get into the low BF %. (Basically just dropping the weekend carb up for a few weeks).

Give it a month and make sure you’re following protocal properly. That is…why have you been carbing up already?

why would you switch the AD for the Atkins? …theyre practically the same without the carb ups and i think youll actually be more tired and lets not forget bored on the Atkins. completely eliminating a food group would drive me mad, the AD lets you eat everything but just in an order that makes efficency…and yea if you already cant wait to carb up this early in the game why would you consider never having them again??

• atkins is quite catabolic i think

[quote]danchubb wrote:

• atkins is quite catabolic i think[/quote]

Especially for weight training. You need the loads for glycogen to be used for anaerobic workouts, not to mention leptin optimization.

Read up on CT’s Carb Cycling. It’s quality.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
<<< And don’t ever use the phrase “no desire to get huge” or “I’m not interested in becoming Mr. Olympia”. Seriously. Never. Makes you sound like an idiot on this forum.

LOL!! No doubt. Better be careful or you’ll walk in front of a mirror one day horrified at how you suddenly look like an Olympia contender.
[/quote]

Welcome to my Monday. But I missed a meal on Tuesday, so I’m back to square one.

Shame.