T Nation

Anabolic Diet - Muscle Gains Made?

Hi guyes,

I'm on the AD and loving it.

I just wondered what muscle gains others have made opting for the AD lifestyle?

I'm first looking to cut down on my BF, to around 12%, then I will look to keep around this BF level while looking to gain lean mass..

Keen to hear from those who are on the AD and have made gains? How are the results?

Theres a 1000 post thread on this subject. Use the saerch function

And another 300+ post thread ON THE FIRST PAGE. Really getting off to a good start with your posting history arent you?

Didn’t he advise someone trying to get to 7% to do the Anabolic Diet? hahahahahahhahahahahahah
Dude don’t give advice to get to 7% if your goal for yourself is 12

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Theres a 1000 post thread on this subject. Use the saerch function

And another 300+ post thread ON THE FIRST PAGE. Really getting off to a good start with your posting history arent you? [/quote]

Sifted through all those posts - but they all focus on cutting, and lowering BF%, no real focus on gaining muscle mass while keeping lowish BF% (say 12% range).

Thought it would be good to have a thread focused on gaining lean mass on the AD, rather than just maintaining it or getting cut.

Haha - but I get your point, there are too many threads on the AD. So I wanted some focus ^^

Dont hate me. haha

I love boobs

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
Didn’t he advise someone trying to get to 7% to do the Anabolic Diet? hahahahahahhahahahahahah
[/quote]

If someone is dead set on wanting to get that low (I think it’s too low), then of course the AD diet is a good way to try and get their (at least you can preserve what muscle you have)

But that really has nothing to do with my question :slight_smile:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
[/quote]

If someone is dead set on wanting to get that low (I think it’s too low), then of course the AD diet is a good way to TRY and get their (at least you can preserve what muscle you have)

But that really has nothing to do with my question :slight_smile:

I want to continue to grow - but I want to do so around the 12% BF range… So I’m interested to know if others have achieved any good gains on the AD

There are 100s of ways to do it, you are like a talking bird, uttering the same thing over and over
show us how great the anabolic diet was for you.
the people I see sub 10% CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
There are 100s of ways to do it, you are like a talking bird, uttering the same thing over and over
[/quote]

Once again - missing the point. Not looking for sub 10%, not looking for 100 ways to gain lean mass.

Only interested in hearing from people who HAVE dont e AD and HAVE gained lean muscle on it.

I don’t get why you even posted on this thread

[quote]muscleinkorea wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
[/quote]

Once again - missing the point. Not looking for sub 10%, not looking for 100 ways to gain lean mass.

Only interested in hearing from people who HAVE dont e AD and HAVE gained lean muscle on it.

I don’t get why you even posted on this thread[/quote]

The difference between losing fat and gaining muscle is the amount of calories consumed below or above maintenance. Regardless of the name of the diet being used.

And what’s the difference between ‘lean muscle’ and ‘fat muscle’? Please explain.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
[/quote]

I don’t get why you even posted on this thread[/quote]

The difference between losing fat and gaining muscle is the amount of calories consumed below or above maintenance. Regardless of the name of the diet being used.

And what’s the difference between ‘lean muscle’ and ‘fat muscle’? Please explain. [/quote]

Lean muscle = gaining muscle with a reltively low BF%; staying lean while increasing muscle mass… On the AD it appears that people are able to achieve similar gains as one would get on a conventional diet, but while keeping a lower BF% while doing this.

This is why I’m asking if anyone has had any experience growing on the AD (at lower BF%'s)

any experience growing at lower BF%'s [/quote]

That has more to do with genetics than it does with any one macronutrient ratio. Much more.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

any experience growing at lower BF%'s [/quote]

That has more to do with genetics than it does with any one macronutrient ratio. Much more. [/quote

Okay, thanks

Ok so you dont know how to gain “lean muscle” yet you are on other threads telling people to do the AD.
so you know very little, yet you are giving out advice.

I just wondered what muscle gains others have made opting for the AD lifestyle?[/quote] Check out MODOK’s thread in the Bodybuilding Forum.

He’s been using the AD for a long time.

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
Ok so you dont know how to gain “lean muscle” yet you are on other threads telling people to do the AD.
so you know very little, yet you are giving out advice.[/quote]

Mate, the advice I gave was about getting lean, not building muscle. So hopefully that clears that up.

I’ve been training for 7 years, in that time I took myself from a scrawny 115 lbs to 208 lbs (with the same BF of abut 18% over that time). I am very proud of that - I was the skinniest guy back in high school, and now I am bigger than most and managed to get my arms to just under 18 inch. My body holds fat well, so 18% doesn’t show. So, I have learned a great deal along the way. I live and breathe training and nutrition. I do know what I’m talking about.

Since I jumped on the AD, I am now down to 13.5% BF @ 200lbs (checked today). The only reason for this thread was to get some insight into making good muscle gains on the AD… So the question I’m asking is not related to the advice I gave. I have experienced just how easy it is to lose fat and get lean on the AD diet - I’m interested to hear about those who’ve made big gains and remained lean during that time.

[quote]tolismann wrote:

I just wondered what muscle gains others have made opting for the AD lifestyle?[/quote] Check out MODOK’s thread in the Bodybuilding Forum.

He’s been using the AD for a long time.
[/quote]

thanks for that

Have you read “The Anabolic Diet” or “The Anabolic Solution”?