Anabolic Diet Help/Workout

I was going to start this next week, but when I find out my macronutrients ratio made my carbs go over 30g.

Im 260 pounds, so thats 4680 cals I should be intaking for the first 4 weeks.

Monday-Friday

Carbs (5%) = 58g/day (thats 28g over the limit!)

Fats (60%) = 312g/day

Protein (35%) = 409g/day

Do you have any advice on what I should do?

And does the diet work well light, heavy, and circuit training? or which one?

Know any good workouts for training? (Fat boy looking to slim up and get more lean muscle)

How much cardio?

Oh, and are fruits and veggies a must?

Before you’re adapted, 30g of carbs is the limit. Period.
It’s really going to depend on how your body handles low carbs. I’m fine in the gym all week when I follow a normal training schedule. My roommate was so exhausted all the time he would skip most of his Thursday and Friday classes.
I wouldn’t do any cardio during the induction or the week or two after. After that, there’s nothing wrong with cardio in moderation.
Most of your carbs during the week would hopefully be coming from vegetables. Weekends I like to get a lot of fruits since I enjoy them.

Yo man,

The typical Anabolic diet is a bit unhealthy and your health should be priority first and foremost, which will lead to great gains in muscle and fat loss. This was the first low carb diet I ever went on and got fat on it!..the 2 day carb ups did not agree with me one bit. I have since learnt of how insulin resistant I really am.

Anyway, back to you…Suggest the following to lean up and gain muscle!

Diet:

Protein: 1.5g/lb
Fats: 0.75g/lb
Carb: trace - eat ONLY green veggies

These macro ratios will vary during the length of your diet. I.e, more protein and less fats when your fat loss stalls, even after added work.

Pro sources - meat(game preferably), eggs(omega 3 preferably), fish, chicken(free range preferably).
Fat sources - Cook all food in coconut oil or macadamia nut oil, Add olive oil to salads(if u have salads), nuts and fats from red meat.
Carbs - As I said Only green veggies, but onion, cabbage is okay.

Eat 6-7 meals a day.

Do this for 14 days, then have a cheat day(eat carbs all day). Thereafter, have only ONE cheat meal, once every 7 days.

Postworkout shake will be Protein, glutamine, glycine.

Training:

I suggest doing a mix of heavy and lactate work. So you could do 3 heavy days, which will build/preserve muscle and 2 lactate days to smash the fat off. This worked very well when I got tooo fat, haha.

Check out Thibs article on “Destroying the Fat” OR “Refined Transformation”. Both have great tips on dropping fat/body comp.

I am not a fan of low int cardio. IMO it leads to muscle loss…many may argue this, but this was just with me. Poliquin has some great info on why not to carry out low int cardio and why to use HIIT instead.

Goodluck
GJ

The protein of choice is fatty, red meat. Fatty red meat is high in cholesterol and saturated fat which increases your testosterone levels. The absence of carbs for 5 consecutive days forces your body to use fat for energy.

This diet makes so much sense and the recipes are great. I decided to start it right away. The recipes are delicious, I didn’t feel hungry and I actually lost 5 pounds in the first few days. The food is the best part of this diet.

This diet is UNHEALTHY…and the 5 pounds you lost is glycogen stores and water. Maybe a little fat. It is not a great choice…but if you choose to use it, cool.

GJ

How is it unhealthy? Because you say so?

No, because it is fact. Okay, when I say it is unhealthy, there are no guidelines as to which fats you should intake and taking in predominant saturated fats is not really a good thing. Your fat intake should be a good mix of saturated and unsaturated fats. Meat should be leaner, expect for the occasional steak which will give you your sat fats…but leaner cuts, with added fat sources such as coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, nuts, olive oil etc.

Thibs has expressed his views on this diet in a tread on here somewhere regarding the niti griti of why this tyical anabolic diet is not great. The IDEA is good - Low carb during the week, and a carb up over the weekend(even then, a whole weekend carb up is not needed, trust me).

GJ

No, because it is fact. Okay, when I say it is unhealthy, there are no guidelines as to which fats you should intake and taking in predominant saturated fats is not really a good thing. Your fat intake should be a good mix of saturated and unsaturated fats. Meat should be leaner, expect for the occasional steak which will give you your sat fats…but leaner cuts, with added fat sources such as coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, nuts, olive oil etc.

Thibs has expressed his views on this diet in a tread on here somewhere regarding the niti griti of why this tyical anabolic diet is not great. The IDEA is good - Low carb during the week, and a carb up over the weekend(even then, a whole weekend carb up is not needed, trust me).

Anyway, I’m not here to argue. If you choose to go with it as is, then fine by me. Just letting you know what I have learned and that I have made better progress using the above recommendations.

GJ

So you don’t know any actual science regarding why this diet is unhealthy, other than “Thibs expressed his views in a tread[sp] on here somewhere regarding the niti griti[sp] of why this tyical[sp] anabolic diet is not great”???

OK, I see…

Thanks for saving us all.

Should I gain those 11 pounds I lost over the last month back?
I must have lost all of my glycogen from my abdominals, is that normal? I mean, my pants are looser and stuff, that can’t be good.
Do you have any advice on how to raise my triglycerides and cholesterol, so I can be healthier?
Any advice on how to lose the 40 extra pounds on my bench press?
Should I maybe ditch sat[sp] fats for a few days completely just to get myself back to a healthier state?

[quote]futurepharm wrote:
So you don’t know any actual science regarding why this diet is unhealthy, other than “Thibs expressed his views in a tread[sp] on here somewhere regarding the niti griti[sp] of why this tyical[sp] anabolic diet is not great”???

OK, I see…

Thanks for saving us all.

Should I gain those 11 pounds I lost over the last month back?
I must have lost all of my glycogen from my abdominals, is that normal? I mean, my pants are looser and stuff, that can’t be good.
Do you have any advice on how to raise my triglycerides and cholesterol, so I can be healthier?
Any advice on how to lose the 40 extra pounds on my bench press?
Should I maybe ditch sat[sp] fats for a few days completely just to get myself back to a healthier state?

[/quote]

LOL.

I never said you wouldn’t lose fat and gain strength/muscle on this diet…did I? All I said was it was unhealthy - long term.

Either way, I’m not here to argue with someone who has made their mind up about something and just wants to bicker.

This is why I TRY to stay of the forums, but also would like to share what I have learned to help others, not argue. I am very open minded and am thoroughly convinced that different things work for different people. I.e Low carbs works great for me, but I wouldn’t go around telling ppl that it is the ONLY type of diet to follow etc.

If you are happy with your progress, feel great day to day, making gains well, improving body comp etc…GREAT.

It’s not hard to communicate in a nice manner…is it? but most guys on these forums prefer to go nuts - Save the anger for when your under the Bar!!

GJ

They should rename it the billionaires diet…

Consider the amount of food you have to buy to get 409 grams of protein a day.

The AnaboliC Diet CAN be unhealthy, if you read it as ‘bacon, sausage and butter all day’.

If you’re a bit more knowledgeable, you might read it as :

Fish, chicken, meat, eggs, other seafood and protein shakes for protein
and olive oil, nuts, some natural butter,milled flax seeds and fish oil for energy
coupled with broccoli, spinach, onions, tomatoes, and cauliflower.

If your goal is fat loss, keep the carb loads squeaky clean, and limit them to, say from when you get up on Saturday till about 14.00 or 18.00, then lean protein the rest of the day.

[quote]liposuctionguide wrote:
Fatty red meat is high in cholesterol and saturated fat which increases your testosterone levels. [/quote]

I wish this myth would die.