Anabolic Diet For 15 Year Old

Hey guys, I’m 15 years old and I’m in need of a good diet. I am currently boxing Monday wednesday thursday and friday and fitting in weight training in my off days. I have not done a BF% check because I don’t have the equipment to do it at the moment, but I am pretty sure its high 25%+ atleast. I’ve read a little about the Anabolic diet and I’ve read its good to lose body fat while maintainiing muscle.

I would like to know if I should buy the book on the Anabolic diet, and any feed back on it for a younger guy would be nice also. Thanks again fellas..

15, boxer that much activity etc Id say no dont go on The AD nail a solid balanced diet and keep working hard

Phill

I’d have to go along with Phil here even though I’ve been on the AD for quite a while. The combination of the logistics of food preparation for someone your age as well as the energy issues you’ll have for a few months getting used to it make it tough to recommend for someone in your position.

Especially since you do have to be very precise for several weeks at least and I can barely imagine a 15 year old doing this. Nothing against you, but I’d be shocked if you stuck with it anyway.

Thanks for the help guys, any other help from anyone else would also be appreciated. I wanted to try it and I made up a eating plan and everything, but it seems the amount of calories only totals to around 1400ish, and I think thats a bit too low, if I were to go through with this diet what would be the best way to get extra calories without eating any carbs?

I agree If you read the giant AD thread Disc Hoss tells a 16 year old that Its OK and that he wished he had the diet when he was 16. I’m not going to search the whole thread and find the post but you can if you want.

If Disc Hoss says its OK I would trust him. I see no reason why a 15 year old could not use this diet. I think it would give him a great head start in bodybuilding. I wish I had the AD instead of my crappy low fat diet when I was 15.

foods that will help you gain fat/protein calories: eggs, tuna, cheese, margarine, canola oil, steak, hamburger patties, mayonaise, chicken, turkey, peanut butter (has some carbs but high fat for amounts.

almonds and pecans are also good for high fat, low carbs and high fiber so eating a handful of those a day isnt a bad idea. 30 pecans have 360 cals, 36g fat, 7 carbs, 5 protien, eat that with a protien drink and that could be one of ur 6 meals.

i dont know how much you weight but you should get 14-18 times your weight in calories if you trying to maintain ur fat% or 12 times if trying to cut fat

[quote]bloodandtears wrote:
foods that will help you gain fat/protein calories: eggs, tuna, cheese, margarine, canola oil, steak, hamburger patties, mayonaise, chicken, turkey, peanut butter (has some carbs but high fat for amounts.

almonds and pecans are also good for high fat, low carbs and high fiber so eating a handful of those a day isnt a bad idea. 30 pecans have 360 cals, 36g fat, 7 carbs, 5 protien, eat that with a protien drink and that could be one of ur 6 meals.

i dont know how much you weight but you should get 14-18 times your weight in calories if you trying to maintain ur fat% or 12 times if trying to cut fat[/quote]

Dude I would not recommend margarine its full of crappy trans fats. I also would lay off the cheese even while bulking get your fats from healthier sources since if body fat % is too high. After I cut out the cheese I made leaner gains.

[quote]Hagar wrote:

Dude I would not recommend margarine its full of crappy trans fats. I also would lay off the cheese even while bulking get your fats from healthier sources since if body fat % is too high. After I cut out the cheese I made leaner gains. [/quote]

sorry i should have said margarine with no transfats, or use canola oil that has no trans/saturated fats