Anabolic Diet Carb-Up Thread

I’ve followed the Anabolic Diet mostly year round for several years now. Anyone who has followed this diet knows how much you look forward to the weekend carb-up. I wanted to give people a place to post pics of their favorite high-carb weekend foods. I don’t know if another thread like this exists because I couldn’t find one. I have a few old pics to get things started.

These are two ingredient banana pancakes. Using a ratio of one banana to one egg you just whisk them together and cook like normal pancakes. This stack is 4 eggs and 4 bananas. I added 90% chocolate and shredded coconut.

What a great idea! This is one of my favorite combos when I carb up!
1)Van’s gluten free blueberry waffles
2) Kroger Just Fruit Strawberry spread

Dang it! How do you upload more than one pic at a time?

Here is an old one! It’s a sushi casserole!

I’ve been killing these lately!

Potato chip chocolate bar:

This may sound gross but it’s actually amazing. You have the crunchy saltiness combined with chocolate!

Homemade gluten free donuts. We made dark chocolate glazed, regular glazed, and coconut glazed. I had this with a chocolate protein shake for post-workout.

Repost:

These are two ingredient banana pancakes. Using a ratio of one banana to one egg you just whisk them together and cook like normal pancakes. This stack is 4 eggs and 4 bananas. I added 90% chocolate and shredded coconut.

Grass-fed chocolate milk from the farmer’s market made with real sugar.

Epic Gluten-free carb-up:

Holy Shitake Pizza

Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Coconut Milk Egg Nog

[quote]Zach Rounsaville wrote:
Homemade gluten free donuts. We made dark chocolate glazed, regular glazed, and coconut glazed. I had this with a chocolate protein shake for post-workout.[/quote]
Corious on how you made the donuts Zack.Like the banana pancake idea as well.

Good stuff…here is more.

Here is my favorite carb up meals

1. Pecan & chocolate chip waffels with maple syrup + 1 scoop vanila or butter pecan ice cream

2. Vietnamese pho (rice noodle soup) with shrimp spring rolls

3. Italian Hero sub

4. Candy bars & milk shakes

5. Pizza & beer

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Good stuff…here is more.

Yeah we’re big fans of this thread. However, most of his earlier stuff focused on the weekday foods, we’re here to post higher carb OM NOM NOM weekend foods.

[quote]jppage wrote:

Homemade gluten free donuts. We made dark chocolate glazed, regular glazed, and coconut glazed. I had this with a chocolate protein shake for post-workout.[/quote]
Corious on how you made the donuts Zack.Like the banana pancake idea as well.[/quote]

We just used the recipe that came with our donut pan. We subbed in gluten free ingredients where necessary and just baked them in the donut pan in the oven. I’ll see if I can find the actual recipe. Then we melted down 90% cacao Lindt Excellence Dark Chocolate for the chocolate glazed donuts. I think the regular glaze was just almond milk and powdered sugar whisked together until smooth.

This was a mainstay for me in the past. I pour the whole box in a bowl with enough almond milk to cover it and eat it under 10 minutes.

CAUTION: You may see rainbows later in the bathroom!

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Good stuff…here is more.

Yeah we’re big fans of this thread. However, most of his earlier stuff focused on the weekday foods, we’re here to post higher carb OM NOM NOM weekend foods.[/quote]

Agreed, that thread is one of the most epic food threads on the site! SteelyD is the MAN!

I used to kill these on the weekends and I learned a valuable lesson. DO NOT chug a whole in one go! You will violently spew your insides out!

Homemade Almond O’Joys

Even if you don’t like the candy bars and you THINK you don’t like coconut, these will become your new favorite! (Yeah they’re mostly fat but you get carbs from the chocolate and the honey that’s mixed with the coconut.