Anabolic Diet, Before Pics...

Hey guys, I have been on the diet for about 4 weeks and my goals are to gain strength while hardening up. I am an athlete and look to stay flexible and functional and focus on major compound movements with some arm exercises added in. This has led me to the WS4SB which is what I am following now. I am 195 in these pics, and I believe I would look more solid at 185ish but we will see. BTW, I am 6’1’’ tall.

My calories vary during the week, but I am starting to go by feel. If i need more food I will adjust the calories to meet my needs, but only enough so that my training can be done right and recovery is attainable. My recent concerns are that it has been 4 weeks on this diet and I haven’t seen the kind of results Id expect, and I have never done a true bulking phase, but I want to look solid for the summer, and if i could have abs that would be cool I guess. The reason I put this in the supplements and nutrition forum is because I think it would be nice to see more AD pics, before/afters, and I’m wondering if I was to cut, at my weight and body composition, is the AD right for me.

wow i need to learn how to post pics better…

pic 2

[quote]Lions Pride 21 wrote:
wow i need to learn how to post pics better…

pic2[/quote]

Fail.

It could be your pics, but I don’t really think you need to be on a diet. 185lbs at 6’1" isn’t exactly fat.

You could try uploading your picks to this site:

I’m not exactly sure what it is you’re doing that’s messing the pics up, but maybe that’d help.

You can’t be serious. I am really hoping no one here would be foolish enough to claim you need to diet down at this point.

If I am not mistaken we have already encouraged you to gain, and NOT cut as you are already small over in the AD thread… I think you will find the advice pretty much the same here.

Agreed bro you should just do a clen bulk you arent going to look that impresive with a cut now! You want to be at least 205 before you think about cutting!

yeah I have begun that…I actually didnt want this to be posted…after the second picture came up I thought I made a post asking a mod to delete it…but thanks for your replies…I am going to eat more and lift harder…period. Its funny actually because as much info as I have learned on this site I think it fills my head with too much shit sometimes, this diet/that diet, this template/that template and then u see pics of fuckin ripped dudes and want to look like them but 4 weeks into a diet I realized its not going to happen…Thanks fellas. DO work.

[quote]Lions Pride 21 wrote:
I have learned on this site I think it fills my head with too much shit sometimes, this diet/that diet, this template/that template and then u see pics of fuckin ripped dudes and want to look like them but 4 weeks into a diet I realized its not going to happen…Thanks fellas. DO work.[/quote]

The key feature with those guys is that they already have a substantial amount of muscle mass, which they obtained by eating big and training like beasts for years. After you do that, then you can diet so that you look good.

But good on you for realizing this and taking everyone’s suggestions. You’re not fat, but you are going to need to devote a significant amount of time and energy in the gym, along with adequate calories, to pack on muscle. Get to it. Best of luck.