[quote]as wrote:

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:
given up on carb backloading already wannabebig?[/quote]

for the time being. my main goal right now is to drop as much fat as possible for summer. once i drop 20lbs and am lean again, i feel my body will be in a better position to use backloading to gain muscle. it was nice to eat shit foods and not gain bodyfat, but i cant see how it would help me strip fat as fast as the AD does.

kiefer even recommends his carb nite to drop fat as fast as possible, which is basically the AD with only one night of carbs per week.
[/quote]

Indeed. So why not do Carb Nite instead? Itd work better. Its basically a more optimised Anabolic Diet anyway.[/quote]

i honestly dont feel like shelling out another $20 for carb nite haha. i have the AD ebook already and know it works.

unless theres a pirated version of carb nite floating around that i dont know about wink wink[/quote]
I havent read it either but from Ive learned its essentially carb backloading but with only 1 backload. This means you still do the morning fast, and eat high fat/protein in a 50:50 split by gram, and then one night a week you do a big backload (after training preferably)
[/quote]

i honestly dont know if just one backload meal will be enough to refill my glycogen stores for the next weeks workout. i do pretty high volume. plus the psychological relief from eating carbs for an entire day (or two) is nice.
[/quote]

Iā€™m with you on everything you stated, at least in my experience.
Plus for some reason I fill out better with less fat gain when I do a gradual 2-2 1/2 day carb up with smaller sensible size carb ups. I actually start filling out better when starting off with smaller carb meals on friday and able to handle it better finishing up with larger ones saturday night and early sunday.

When I ram jet a slew of fast carbs right off the bat I donā€™t fill out as well and seem to even gain a little fat (or maybe just water retention).
Not to hijack the thread Iā€™ll probably just start a new one but does anyone know why this might occur?
This was one reason CBL didnā€™t work for me. Didnā€™t fill up on the one night huge carb up, just got fat.[/quote]

Dr Poteet wrote that the carb-up phase is three distinct phases. The first one would be like a anything you want for about 6 hours and calls it ā€œthe perfect stormƃĀ¢?? of biochemistryā€
In the 2 phase he also wrote ā€œThe key in carbohydrate selection in this phase is the elimination of fructose-containing carbohydrates. Why? Well, that has to do with our biological processing of fructose. Essentially, fructose cannot participate in glycogen loading when the liver is full of glycogen. It is 100% metabolized by the liver, and in this scenario the vast majority of fructose will be converted into triglycerideā€. Maybe that answers your question?[/quote]

Ok sounds interesting, Iā€™ll read up on his stuff. I think partly or even mostly why CBL or ram jetting simple carbs doesnā€™t work for me is the sugar content hence the fructose. Against my better judgement (because I already was aware of the fact that sucrose/fructose doesnā€™t fill glycogen well) I used carbs that coincidentally also contained lots of sugar with the intentions of a big insulin response and I love desserts. Didnā€™t work. Retained water and gained some fat. I do much better with fast complex carbs like mashed potatoes, rice etc.

Iā€™ve been on AD for a year now and donā€™t see my self getting off of it any time soon. Itā€™s an extremely easy ā€œdietā€ to follow and extremely forgiving.

The first 6-7 months I ran it very dirty due to the fact it was my last semester of college. Iā€™m convinced that I would of been a lot worse off if I had been on another diet during this time.

Since Iā€™ve started work last January Iā€™ve been dialing it in. For the last 14 weeks Iā€™ve been under the consultation of Matt Poteet, and weā€™ve been progressing very well.

Iā€™m happy we have another thread!

Cheers,
JK

man i fucking hate the induction phase. im on day 7 and i feel flat and small and weak and shitty. i had to up calories (fat) a bit because i was dragging ass. carb up cannot come sooner!!

man i fucking hate the induction phase. im on day 7 and i feel flat and small and weak and shitty. i had to up calories (fat) a bit because i was dragging ass. carb up cannot come sooner!![/quote]

I ate the shit out of my induction phase when I started. I actually felt great when I did it. I remember waking up in the mornings easier and getting stronger in the gym. Good times. Lots of Fat and lots of Water make it easy. :slight_smile:

Hold Strong,
JK

[quote]JK29 wrote:

man i fucking hate the induction phase. im on day 7 and i feel flat and small and weak and shitty. i had to up calories (fat) a bit because i was dragging ass. carb up cannot come sooner!![/quote]

I ate the shit out of my induction phase when I started. I actually felt great when I did it. I remember waking up in the mornings easier and getting stronger in the gym. Good times. Lots of Fat and lots of Water make it easy. :slight_smile:

Hold Strong,
JK[/quote]

yea i find i drag ass until i consume a meal with like 60g of fat and then im buzzing for a few hours. i guess i just wasnt eating enough.

by the way what are you guys using pre/intra/post workout on the AD once adapted. i bought a small tub of bcaaā€™s to sip on during workouts, just for during the induction phase so i dont burn muscle.

once im adapted i think a high fat meal 1 hr pre workout will be enough, no?

i havent used an intra workout supplement in a few months and noticed no muscle loss, soooo, lol. maybe a scoop of whey isolate or something 30 mins out.

in the old, old AD thread, i noticed DH and/or MODOK saying whey isolate (i think, maybe hydrolyzed) was all he used pre workout.

Iā€™d highly recommend Coconut Oil for both an energy booster and pre-workout. Iā€™ve found it highly effective.

In my mind I look at Coconut Oil as a ā€œcarblike fatā€ā€¦ (<ā€” That probably doesnā€™t make sense)

A couple ounces of steak about an hour before a workout also gives me some energy. If you want to put some hair on your chest try out a shot of EVOO 30-40 min out from lifting.

My post workout consists of 20g of Whey Concentrate, 5g of BCAA, and 5g of Creatine. All followed by a meal about 40 min later. Normally consisting of steak or chicken.

JK

by the way what are you guys using pre/intra/post workout on the AD once adapted. i bought a small tub of bcaaā€™s to sip on during workouts, just for during the induction phase so i dont burn muscle.

i havent used an intra workout supplement in a few months and noticed no muscle loss, soooo, lol. maybe a scoop of whey isolate or something 30 mins out.

in the old, old AD thread, i noticed DH and/or MODOK saying whey isolate (i think, maybe hydrolyzed) was all he used pre workout.[/quote]
I only eat some salmon an hour before with some olive oil. All my days are the same food so iā€™ll try to switch it up. On my 3 weightlifting days i also drink a strong cup of coffee 30 min before hitting the weights.

in the old, old AD thread, i noticed DH and/or MODOK saying whey isolate (i think, maybe hydrolyzed) was all he used pre workout.[/quote]
Oh yeah, plus right after workout i drink water,whey isolate,bcaa including 10 grams of glutamine and creatine. Bit worried about the coffee but i drink only 1 cup a day and iā€™m trying to cut it back to 3 times a week only.

lol thanks guys, but i meant more along the lines of preworkout bcaa/glutamine/leucine/citrulline malate, etc. to prevent protein breakdown. for energy i just take a shot of espresso or a preworkout energy drink.

im more interested in what can be used to promote protein synthesis during the workout itself. im thinking along the lines of palumbo and just 25g of whey isolate pre and post.

What is everyone eating on this diet? Iā€™ve been planning to make the switch to the AD, but I did the math and I need 240 grams of fat and 360g of protein/day and Iā€™m wondering how Iā€™m going to eat all that.

lol thanks guys, but i meant more along the lines of preworkout bcaa/glutamine/leucine/citrulline malate, etc. to prevent protein breakdown. for energy i just take a shot of espresso or a preworkout energy drink.

im more interested in what can be used to promote protein synthesis during the workout itself. im thinking along the lines of palumbo and just 25g of whey isolate pre and post. [/quote]

Iā€™ve tried a boat load of BCAA powder and it worked pretty good. Also tried whey isolate by itself and it was not as good.
Whey isolate with a tablespoon of coconut oil gave me lots of stamina more than both of the above, and if I drink a huge mug of coffee with a tab of geranium(sp?) with any of the above then things really happen lol.

[quote]Razamataz wrote:
What is everyone eating on this diet? Iā€™ve been planning to make the switch to the AD, but I did the math and I need 240 grams of fat and 360g of protein/day and Iā€™m wondering how Iā€™m going to eat all that.[/quote]

Things I eat alot of:

Grass feed beef (Ground and Steaks)
Chicken / Turkey
Eggs
Nitrate free bacon
Coconut Oil
Raw Cheese
EVOO
Whey Concentrate
Almonds
Greens

It adds up donā€™t worry,
JK

im more interested in what can be used to promote protein synthesis during the workout itself. im thinking along the lines of palumbo and just 25g of whey isolate pre and post. [/quote]
I think if you keep your weightlifting at about an hour you donā€™t need to worry about muscle protein breakdown. As long as you take the POW shake. But i can be wrong:D The whole thing about the AD is using fat for fuel and maybe some proteins too, while maintaining muscle mass. Quote Dr mauro ā€œFat works in the same way as glucose when youā€™re on the Metabolic Diet. It protects the muscle by serving as an alternative, more available source of energy and it does this without having to take in more calories since the body has learned to oxidize body fat to provide that needed energy. So now when you exercise you donā€™t need to take in carbs to spare your muscles. Your body will burn up your excess bodyfat to provide the energy it needs to exercise at the same time sparing muscle proteinā€ Page nr 36 Anabolic solution. He does talk about supplementing and i should digg into it again:D So much to learn and read and to do lolā€¦ P.s you talked about promoting protein synthesis i saw when i was reading it again hahahā€¦ Wouldnā€™t that be adding more calories?

[quote]Razamataz wrote:
What is everyone eating on this diet? Iā€™ve been planning to make the switch to the AD, but I did the math and I need 240 grams of fat and 360g of protein/day and Iā€™m wondering how Iā€™m going to eat all that.[/quote]
You will make it:D I am on 4000 calories now and eat 6 times a day and if i wanted to i can add food easy.

[quote]JK29 wrote:

[quote]Razamataz wrote:

Things I eat alot of:

Grass feed beef (Ground and Steaks)
Chicken / Turkey
Eggs
Nitrate free bacon
Coconut Oil
Raw Cheese
EVOO
Whey Concentrate
Almonds
Greens

It adds up donā€™t worry,
JK

[/quote]
I wonder if i can get my hands on some Nitrate free bacon here in Italy hehe.

By the way Dr mauro has a product that does what you want @wannabebig250. Of course that product is not what i think you would buy but maybe you can pick the ingredients out and make one yourself! Quote: ā€œIt?s engineered to increase protein synthesis by increasing the anabolic hormones and decreasing the catabolic onesā€

The name is MRP LoCarb by the wayā€¦

[quote]as wrote:

Iā€™ve tried a boat load of BCAA powder and it worked pretty good. Also tried whey isolate by itself and it was not as good.
Whey isolate with a tablespoon of coconut oil gave me lots of stamina more than both of the above, and if I drink a huge mug of coffee with a tab of geranium(sp?) with any of the above then things really happen lol. [/quote]

oh man geranium gives me a weird high lol. its great at first tons of energy, but makes me kind of spacey after a couple hours.

right now im choosing between a whey isolate or trueprotein bcaa plus for pre/intra/post workout.

[quote]Webseeker wrote:

I think if you keep your weightlifting at about an hour you donā€™t need to worry about muscle protein breakdown. As long as you take the POW shake. But i can be wrong:D The whole thing about the AD is using fat for fuel and maybe some proteins too, while maintaining muscle mass. Quote Dr mauro ā€œFat works in the same way as glucose when youā€™re on the Metabolic Diet. It protects the muscle by serving as an alternative, more available source of energy and it does this without having to take in more calories since the body has learned to oxidize body fat to provide that needed energy. So now when you exercise you donā€™t need to take in carbs to spare your muscles. Your body will burn up your excess bodyfat to provide the energy it needs to exercise at the same time sparing muscle proteinā€ Page nr 36 Anabolic solution. He does talk about supplementing and i should digg into it again:D So much to learn and read and to do lolā€¦ P.s you talked about promoting protein synthesis i saw when i was reading it again hahahā€¦ Wouldnā€™t that be adding more calories?[/quote]

yea i read that part but then he also recommends all these formulas to increase anabolism with a ton of different amino acids.