Anabolic Diet 2.0

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
How are these macros for the Keto period? I know the protein is a bit high, but thats due to budget reasons and the food that entails
245g Protein
300g Fat
26g Carbs
3510 calories total

All Whole foods: Eggs x20, Pork liver 500g, bacon x6, broccoli, celery and peas, EVOO 60ml, Coconut oil 60ml

All together �?�£4.70

Another meal plan I may do on the weekends is
Eggs x20, Beef Brisket 250g, Bacon x6, protein powder 3 scoops, broccoli celery and peas, EVOO 60ml, Coconut oil 60ml
This comes to 250g protein, 340g fat, 21g carbs, 3610 Calories, costing �?�£6.50 [/quote]

–With those macros you’re sitting at 26% Protein 3% Carb and 71% Fats.

–You should probably replace some of the fat with protein. I normally shot for between 60-65% Fat. You could do this with some whey shakes pretty easy.

–I’d be careful with eating bacon every day unless it’s nitrate free.

JK

praise jesus!

does anyone use the Anaconda protocol during this diet? i am liking what i am reading so far but the Anaconda protocol is a training nutrition staple for me so im wondering if it would break the purpose of the diet.

What is the macro nutrient breakdown of a daily protocol? does anyone know?
If it doesn’t stray above 30g of carbs, it should be fine.

If you really want to try it go ahead. You probably wont be completely depleted come your carb up but IDK if that’ll really have significant negative effects. You may just have to go a little lighter on the carb ups than you would other wise.

I did forget to ask where do you download the pdf for the actual ebook from? Also the protocol carb info is as follows:
MAG-10 + Anaconda=56g Carb
" "+ Surge(still have some left around)=120g Carb.

Im utilizing this for a CFL combine I will be particpating in and am excited. Ill post weekly if im allowed.

I’m about to start the anabolic diet next monday, and so I got a fiber supplement: Metamucil, sugar free. I didn’t notice at the store, but one of the ingredients is maltodextrin. I know this is used normally to spike insulin, but considering each serving is only 5 grams of fiber, should I be worried about this?

how did you get a fibre supplement with sugar in it? find some plain old psylium husk

Well, it advertised itself as sugar free, and according to the nutrition facts it is purely fiber. When I got home I noticed it had maltodextrin in it. Thanks for the advice, by the way. I’ll look for some psyllium husk this week.

is the AD recommended/feasible for maintaining a certain weight, but losing fat/body recomp within 3-6 months?

I ask because I’m currently 5’8 and 140 lbs…down 75 pounds from my obese days, but I’m now stuck with a flabby chunk of stomach fat…even though my upper body development is pretty good (when flexed at least) and lower body strength is decent.

Too skinny and/or skinny fat to lose more weight IMO (any thoughts on this?) so I would like to maintain weight or even bump up 5-10 pounds max…either way gotta lose the stomach fat if it’s a gradual body recomp or short bulk then cut.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Day 5 of the anabolic diet. So far, so good. I’ve encountered no problems at all. I’m just wondering, how do you know once you’ve experienced the metabolic shift?

sweat smells of ammonia, no ‘brain fog’ if you’re currently experiencing it

[quote]fitforlife88 wrote:
is the AD recommended/feasible for maintaining a certain weight, but losing fat/body recomp within 3-6 months?

I ask because I’m currently 5’8 and 140 lbs…down 75 pounds from my obese days, but I’m now stuck with a flabby chunk of stomach fat…even though my upper body development is pretty good (when flexed at least) and lower body strength is decent.

Too skinny and/or skinny fat to lose more weight IMO (any thoughts on this?) so I would like to maintain weight or even bump up 5-10 pounds max…either way gotta lose the stomach fat if it’s a gradual body recomp or short bulk then cut.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

Dont even try to recomp… It may happen if your diet was moderate daily carbs before hand but get rid of the fat first then go from there. Trust me on this one, there are only a few out of a hundred who can effectively recomp and thats based on genetics.

What are your calories at now?

Start the diet by the book.

This is my second day on this (started on sunday to get a day more) but now I cannot say much because I barely slept (birthday) just that this is freaking EXPENSIVE!

Also I have some questions:

1. what to eat to meet the fiber requirements? Is it possible to make it without a fiber supplement?

2. if a label shows 5g carbs and 2.5g fibers that means I only count 2.5g as carbs?

3. isn’t all this meat BAD? I already have a problem with uric acid from the previous meat feasts. How to control this?

4. Today I went for (all are in grams, except eggs which are numbers)
    Chicken Breast 400
    Whole eggs 3
    Grape Oil 30
    Fish 350
    Cheese 180
    Beef 250
    Pork 250
    Bacon 90
    Cabbage 300
    Whipped Cream 50
    Peanut butter 40

This is a total of 4060 cals and 65% fat. Being at 224 lbs this is about right.

1. Whole Psyllium husks are dirt cheap and work perfectly - 2 tsp a day

2. Yep, fibre doesnt get digested

3. I’ll let Jehovahs fitness answer that one

4. If you’re trying to budget, eat more eggs instead of meat. cheaper

Thank you for your answer, caveman.

1. Honestly after some reading this morning I was between Flax Seeds and Psyllium (whatever I find first)
  2. I know that from a previous post of yours but I’m narrow minded and I think too many eggs would be bad for me. So i prefer a higher budget :smiley: I am honestly considering buying a whole pig :))

if i had the money, I’d butcher it myself!

Just a note here. After years of experimentation and learning my body/psychology… I am back to the Anabolic Diet.

I am going to be running it SLIGHTLY modified (I can detail if anyone gives a rats ass. Its basically going to be Chaos and Pain/Jamie Lewis “Apex Predator Diet”), but I hope to be back here in 6 months with some good results.

Again, if anyone cares I can post before pics, and come back in a while with some Afters. I’m currently using it to cut some fat, so the before pics should be nice and lean.

Guys … I lost 4 pounds in 4 days since I started AD. Is this normal? I eat x18 calories, from 3 to 3 hours. Are this 4 pounds mostly water? Should I eat more? Train less intensive or less volume?
My muscles look in order, now I just lack volume but yesterday during training I was huge like usual.

A number of variables affect how fast you lose WEIGHT on the diet, and it is very common to lose large amounts of weight the first 2 weeks. If you are coming off a carb heavy diet you will drops tons of weight, and if you are quite fat you will drop tons of weight.

I had a friend go on this diet a while back and he dropped 15 pounds the first week I think, and another 7 the next. Obviously not all fat, but quite an impressive number to see on the scale. He was quite fat though and ate like complete garbage before starting the diet, in which he did NOT count a single calorie and just ate whatever he wanted as long as it was on the plan.