T Nation

Anabolic and Wound Healing Effects

Interesting read here.

http://www.burnsurgery.org/Modules/anabolic/page_07_d.htm

It seemed to say that it helped with maintaining weight, or gaining lost weight. Didn’t say it affected would healing, unless I missed that part. Nothing overly exciting here.

One of the major problems with these types of statistical analysis is the sample size is too small to extrapolate to an wider population.

I had read the complete report via my University and there are other researchers that have used Oxandrolone for this therapy. The most interesting I could find was the use of 20mg for 12 straight weeks with 31 patients and only 2 showed elevated liver enzymes during the course of the study. The most striking feature was the reduction in trunk bodyfat, particularly the inter-intestinal (sic) which is the most difficult to eliminate in older men.

However, the drawback is that in all of the patients their HDL to LDL ratio was severely affected for more than 24 weeks (12 weeks after withdrawal of Oxandrolone therapy).

This is more evidence to suggest that if you want to play with these drugs you must have an extra clean diet year round and have your cardio in order. None of the old timer’s high fat bulking and then cutting.

Just wanted to share this

Just some thoughts of the drug…

From looking at this and other sites on the same subject. Its shows signs of being very anti-catabolic.

Oxandrolone also seems like a good drug to either run bridges or part of PCT with some peptides. Just thinking of how to apply what was learned, if anything.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
Just some thoughts of the drug…

From looking at this and other sites on the same subject. Its shows signs of being very anti-catabolic.

Oxandrolone also seems like a good drug to either run bridges or part of PCT with some peptides. Just thinking of how to apply what was learned, if anything.

[/quote]

This is anecdotal stories so take it with a grain of salt. The old time guys at my gym say that original searle anavar used to be taken when wanting to lean out gradually prior to contests. That it helped to maintain the strenght while going off the hard androgens and that it was only used for 3 weeks before contests when the weights were lowered to increase more reps to burn more fat.

Alternatively you could go of the long-estered gear (deca) and then slowly get off the test and stay for 3 weeks with anavar only.

They mentioned the same with d-bol, but the results were not as good (because of the water retention); anavar has none of this issues. Only BIG drawback is the price and finding real oxandrolone, since it is usually counterfeited with TBol.

Shit var is that hard to get a hold of? How would I know if I had the real deal?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Smells and tastes like chalk to me.

Don’t ask me why I know how chalk tastes like.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
It seemed to say that it helped with maintaining weight, or gaining lost weight. Didn’t say it affected would healing, unless I missed that part. Nothing overly exciting here.[/quote]

You missed that part.

“Figure 2. A typical sample of a wound in the oxandrolone fed group is shown in a lower power photomicrograph. The healing dermal collagen is more dense and the wound more cellular than other groups. The wound histology reflects a more mature healing wound than the other groups”