T Nation

AN URGENT MATTER

ATTENTION ALL T-MEN:

If you read nothing else this entire month please read the section in the latest issue of T-Mag entitled, “NEWS ALERT”.

In this one article you will discover how the government is attempting to take away your right to consume perfectly safe over the counter supplements in the privacy of your own home!

As this effects each one of us we should be vigilant in our fight to keep the following bill from passing: S. 722, titled “Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2003”. This bill will allow the already to powerful FDA to remove an entire class of supplements from the market if only one person complains of an adverse reaction!

This would give the FDA authority to break down your door, if need be, and stop you from using your favorite creatine product, for example. Sounds like something out of horrible grade B movie, but unfortunately it could be a reality unless we prevent it.

The first thing you need to do is to write your representitive. Rather than go over it here I refer you to the article in question in the latest T-mag issue, “NEWS ALERT”. The editors have an excellent form letter that you can use if you don’t feel like taking the time to create one for yourself.

I want to add one last thing. I have friends who have worked for Senators, Congressmen and inside the White House under other administrations. If you do not think that your one letter counts you are very badly mistaken! Each letter from a tax paying citizen, or potential voter, is taken very seriously. And since most people never bother to write, those who pass our laws look at one letter as representing one-thousand people!

I have been aware of this bill for a while and have personally launched a petition drive and intend to send to my Senator one thousand names who are against, S. 772 “The Dietary Supplement Safety Act Of 2003”. I am not stating that you have to do anything even nearly as ambitious, but you owe it to yourself to make at least one contact with your United States Senator. This bill must be defeated!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

can you say fina?

P-Dog, fina doesn’t support this site and board. No supplements = no T-mag, no Cy Willson giving out free roid info, no forum. And that goes for a lot of bodybuilding media.

What’s the problem here? The government has already regulated your ability to smoke pot in the comfort of your own home. Hey, the government is here to think for you and save you from yourself.

Sheesh!

haha, nice Doc.

good point davo.

Anything non-US people can do?

Digdis - yes - ship us stuff. hahaha

Digdis,

Yes, encourage all of your American friends to write their representatives in Washington DC.

Hillary Clinton is sponsoring S.722. I knew there was a reason that I didn’t like her.

The sky is falling…

i wonder if a lot of the folks that are anti aas because of the legality issue will suddenly become pro aas if all supps are banned?

p-dog,

well, i have a doctor that i know that could prescribe me the vitamins i want, but if he can only get me the RDA, then i’ll be mad. if that’s the case, then i would definitely consider aas. if it’s as bad as taking extra vitamins, then why not?

This is just the begining…Cuts For Men and Soy is the end.

My letter is in the mail.